• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand other places money gets spent on and come the end of the window I'm sure we'll have brought in some quality players I'm just worried that levy is only looking at spending money on a couple of players who will be starting XI while selling our fringe players leaving us thin. Ok if you go a season with no injuries but that simply doesn't happen. In my eyes the likes of basong Dawson pienaar all need to be replaced along with anyone else who goes. Simply put we need a big squad

I understand other places money gets spent on and come the end of the window I'm sure we'll have brought in some quality players I'm just worried that levy is only looking at spending money on a couple of players who will be starting XI while selling our fringe players leaving us thin. Ok if you go a season with no injuries but that simply doesn't happen. In my eyes the likes of basong Dawson pienaar all need to be replaced along with anyone else who goes. Simply put we need a big squad

We currently have more than 25 players over the age of 21. Our squad is bigger than pretty much everyone except City.

Yes indeed!

It is in need of a makeover....We have overloaded on CBs and CMs yet have no real quality cover on the wings or up front and really we need to be thinking about a new first choice keeper in the not too distant future....

Think about this, since January we will have sold/released/loan end (and probably sold)

Modric
Saha
Nelsen
Pavlyuchenko
Pienaar
Kranjcar
Corluka
Adebayor
Bassong
Huddlestone
Dawson

and brought in

Sigurdsson
Vertonghen

Now I know that many of those players were not first choice but still that is losing a boatload of quality in depth. Everyone of those players has some ability. We really need to see a hell of a lot of movement coming in to make me feel good about this. For instance would you rather have Pavly, Pienaar, Kranjcar to call on as a sub or Townsend, Kane and Carroll? atm I am very worried

Ill be gutted if we sell dawson. The guy is spurs through and through, he's part of our identity.

Theres no doubting gallas's quality, but he's 35 and this is his last season at spurs...

Saha and Nelsen also joined in that period, so their departures doesn't make any difference to the squad as it was prior to that.

The size of the squad isn't the key point, it is the balance of it and ensuring sufficent options across key positions. With these outgoings (assuming Jenas, Rose, Dawson does happen, and hopefully Bentley) things will be much clearer. But AVB and Levy will have to (and I'm sure they will) get a number of players in to start giving AVB the squad he really wants.

We're selling players that are 3rd choice in their positions. We can only wait and see if the money is spent on plugging the obvious gaps.

Think about this, since January we will have sold/released/loan end (and probably sold)

Modric
Saha
Nelsen
Pavlyuchenko
Pienaar
Kranjcar
Corluka
Adebayor
Bassong
Huddlestone
Dawson

and brought in

Sigurdsson
Vertonghen

Now I know that many of those players were not first choice but still that is losing a boatload of quality in depth. Everyone of those players has some ability. We really need to see a hell of a lot of movement coming in to make me feel good about this. For instance would you rather have Pavly, Pienaar, Kranjcar to call on as a sub or Townsend, Kane and Carroll? atm I am very worried

Ouch!
But perhaps a sign of a frantic shopping spree over the next ten days.

It is worrying, buty at least it seems AVB is going all out to make his vision come true.

Time will tell...

Miralem Pjanic’s agent has confirmed that Tottenham have made a proposal. However, "both Roma and Pjanic politely declined the offer."

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster.

Just heard from a polish friend of mine that Lewandowski missed a flight today to London for medical tests at Spurs. He will apparently get on a flight tomorrow instead. His source is a friend of his who works at the same company as Lewandowski's agent.

Don't know what to believe, but at least it's Silly Season for a reason. He would suit us perfectly, though!

Miralem Pjanic’s agent has confirmed Tottenham made a proposal, but “both Roma and Pjanic politely declined the offer.”

Reports emerged today that Spurs had prepared a €15m bid for the 22-year-old midfielder as a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Luka Modric.

“It is true. Tottenham made a move for him, but both Roma and Pjanic thanked them for their interest and politely declined the offer,” representative Michele Gerbino told TMW.

“This is not the time to move or consider any other offers. The lad has tied himself to this project and first of all wants to do well at Roma.

“Besides, the club locked him down. Basically, he will not be moving. Pjanic had a very positive year, adapting easily to Serie A and you can see that from how quickly he learned to speak Italian. He’s very happy at Roma.”

http://www.football-italia.net/23666/pjanic-no-thanks-tottenham

Back