• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well in recent years we have purchased low and sold high, Carrick, Berbatov, Keane to name three off my head. We also had a lucrative CL run and spent the last two seasons gaining more money selling players than we spent. I am not saying it is as black and white as that but it save going into the spend versus income argument that could go on all day.

The summer garage sale continues with now the planned departures of Dawson and Modric looming and it appears not much coming the other way.

I am not saying we should be out there spending big but it makes no sence to me selling good quality like Dawson if we are NOT re-investing the money

Think about this, since January we will have sold/released/loan end (and probably sold)

Modric
Saha
Nelsen
Pavlyuchenko
Pienaar
Kranjcar
Corluka
Adebayor
Bassong
Huddlestone
Dawson

and brought in

Sigurdsson
Vertonghen

Now I know that many of those players were not first choice but still that is losing a boatload of quality in depth. Everyone of those players has some ability. We really need to see a hell of a lot of movement coming in to make me feel good about this. For instance would you rather have Pavly, Pienaar, Kranjcar to call on as a sub or Townsend, Kane and Carroll? atm I am very worried

This is my concern. It is all about having a squad and using it to its maximum.

The current situation has to result in 3 or 4 coming in the other way surely???

Well in recent years we have purchased low and sold high, Carrick, Berbatov, Keane to name three off my head. We also had a lucrative CL run and spent the last two seasons gaining more money selling players than we spent. I am not saying it is as black and white as that but it save going into the spend versus income argument that could go on all day.

The summer garage sale continues with now the planned departures of Dawson and Modric looming and it appears not much coming the other way.

I am not saying we should be out there spending big but it makes no sence to me selling good quality like Dawson if we are NOT re-investing the money

But on the other hand, if Dawson barely plays this season, what is the point of keeping him and get even less money next year?

Makes no sense to sell Dawson having already sold Bassong and King has retired. If we sell Dawson or loan out Caulker again then we need to bring someone in

But on the other hand, if Dawson barely plays this season, what is the point of keeping him and get even less money next year?

Gallas is injury prone to say the least, Kaboul tends to miss 1-2 months every season. If we aren't getting a replacement for Dawson, selling him will be a big mistake.

Why is it we're getting turned down for every bid we make?
Cos Chelsea won the Champions League with a horseshoe up their arse. Honestly we all knew it would be difficult to attract top talent without CL just how it is these days unfortunately. Hopefully something does come off.

For example, I really can't see Lewandowski swappping Dortmund for us unless we pay him and Dortmund way over the odds, why would he? Spurs bias aside they just won the league he speaks their language and are playing in CL

Makes no sense to sell Dawson having already sold Bassong and King has retired. If we sell Dawson or loan out Caulker again then we need to bring someone in

Surely we wont loan out Caulker if Dawson is sold. Caulker is the future and we have to keep him in the squad and on the pitch at times this year. I love Dawson, but it's about ability. Not even on the bench on Sat says everything.

Just noticed AVB is trending on twitter, something to do with Talksport and them bashing him. Why anyone listens to that trash I'll never know.

What's Adebayor's middle name? Emmanuel D. Adebayor?

eh?

EDA = ADE

Anyway if we sell Dawson it will be Gallas, Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker for the season which is fine imo. Selling Jenas and letting Huddlestone go is also fine with me but is Luka replacement, Sandro, Parker, and Livermore enough for the season? i'm leaning towards no.

Back