• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is so depressing. United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have all strengthened. Currently we are a lot weaker than last season ie no Modders and no Adebayor. I thought we were supposed to improve each year, cant see us getting 4th again, more like 6th.

this is so depressing. United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have all strengthened. Currently we are a lot weaker than last season ie no Modders and no Adebayor. I thought we were supposed to improve each year, cant see us getting 4th again, more like 6th.

Liverpool have strengthened, but not by much more than we have (2 players). I think Allen is a tidy player, but he was second choice to Sigurdsson for them and we got their first choice target. Borini is ok, but not world-class. He's a prospect, could go one of two ways. Not sure they've bought anyone else and possibly look like losing Agger.

Arsenal have bought 3 players, but lost their best stand-out player by far. The 3 coming in are unproven in the league. Again those signings could go either way. I'd say looking at their squad they are actually weaker, just because they don't have RVP. Giroud and Podolski aren't 'other level' players like RVP is. Carzola is a very good player, but again he generally doesn't get anywhere near the Spain first XI and is really a downgraded replacement for Fabregas a year late.

United - always going to have more pull than us with CL and them being United - can't really compare.
Chelsea - well we can't really compare ourselves to them in terms of ability to strengthen, so why bother doing so?

All depends on how Arse's three signings settle in compared to what they lose when RvP leases. If they settle in quickly then 5th/6th is likely. If they dont they we could get 4th however that depends on us getting a sensible CF and Modric replacement in

only because Emirates Marketing Project have and will fund his salary....would Adebayor come to to Spurs if he was offered 80k a week and thats all?

The fact that Ade is on ridiculously high wages at City is an anomaly. It was the product of a middling but suddenly nouveau riche club desperately in need of players that would otherwise have been well beyond its reach. Adebayor will never again receive a contract offer that is remotely close to that which he received from City.

What Spurs are offering him is probably as good as he is likely to get anywhere - unless he wants to move to Anzhi Makhachkala - especially since, reports suggest, City are prepared to make up the difference for the next two years.

I think that, come midnight on August 31st at the latest, Ade will realise that.

no Modric, Ade, King, Parker out....no Saha, no Pav

still no decent back up for Bale and Lennon

triffic

Plus King retired and Parker out for GHod knows how long? I f'ing hate this transfer window.. 2 weeks to pull some big things out the bag... even then they will have to take time to gel!

Edit: Bugger, beaten to it, by a better post too grrr!

Liverpool have strengthened, but not by much more than we have (2 players). I think Allen is a tidy player, but he was second choice to Sigurdsson for them and we got their first choice target.

I dont think thats true at all, Allen and Sig for Swansea equate to Modric and VDV for us - totally different players

Liverpool have strengthened, but not by much more than we have (2 players). I think Allen is a tidy player, but he was second choice to Sigurdsson for them and we got their first choice target. Borini is ok, but not world-class. He's a prospect, could go one of two ways. Not sure they've bought anyone else and possibly look like losing Agger.

Apparently Agger showed up at training with ynwa tattoed on his knuckles this week. According to norwegian newspapers anyway, so I doubt he'd leave unless he's forced out.

I dont see the problem with that

Ade, defoe, kane/coulibaly is fine until january

Playing a system that requires a lone forward, with only one player who can play as a lone forward?

It would be like starting the season with only one goalkeeper in the entire squad.

Give me Pav or Saha back ahead of any of those alternatives.

I dont think thats true at all, Allen and Sig for Swansea equate to Modric and VDV for us - totally different players

You have a point, but it still remains their no. 1 target they went for this summer was Sigurdsson and we got him. I wouldn't say they are much stronger than they were last season and are in the same boat as us in terms of being able to do all the business they want early on this summer.

You have a point, but it still remains their no. 1 target they went for this summer was Sigurdsson and we got him. I wouldn't say they are much stronger than they were last season and are in the same boat as us in terms of being able to do all the business they want early on this summer.

Is Lucas fit? If so, I see he and Allen as a significant upgrade on Adam/Hendersen.

I think their second choice to Sigurdsson appeared to be Dempsey, but that one has gone quiet as well.

Ive no idea how good Borini is, which is the real catch because finishing was their greatest issue last season

how on earth can that be "fine" ?

I firmly beleive that Ade is not going to sign, this has been dragging along for so long that it is ridiculous. And if he signs, he will not play against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and I doubt he will play the two games after that. And IF he signs, he will sign on deadline day, and will need time to work on his fitness.

Defoe, never been a fan, but I´ll be happy to have him since he can score goals from nothing and has a good winning attitude

Kane, is this years Rory Allen, nothing more

these three, as the only strikers, are not acceptable. Ade is not a natural finisher, he squanders too many sitters to be considered that, but his link up play is extremely good. If he gets injured, we would be fudged, and if Defoe gets injured, we will be fudged, so by no means these three are "fine" .

First of all, how on earth have you come to the conclusion that ade wont play on saturday, and 'two games after'. He has been training with city's reserves and played 45 minutes for togo last night, you clearly know jackbrick about his fitness so dont assume.

Ade may not be a natural finisher, but he scored 17 goals and made 12 assists. He doesnt need to be a natural finisher. VDV is one of the best finishers in the league.

You clearly neglected the fact that i said it would be fine UNTIL january. Then i would fully expect another striker.

If you dont agree with MY opinion then fine, but dont make sarcy comments about it. Sorry for being realistic on what our transfer situation likely is at the moment.

Back