• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all, how on earth have you come to the conclusion that ade wont play on saturday, and 'two games after'. He has been training with city's reserves and played 45 minutes for togo last night, you clearly know jackbrick about his fitness so dont assume.

Ade may not be a natural finisher, but he scored 17 goals and made 12 assists. He doesnt need to be a natural finisher. VDV is one of the best finishers in the league.

You clearly neglected the fact that i said it would be fine UNTIL january. Then i would fully expect another striker.

If you dont agree with MY opinion then fine, but dont make sarcy comments about it. Sorry for being realistic on what our transfer situation likely is at the moment.

not making sarcy comments but I do disagree with you. We have 24 hours to sign Ade so he can play on saturday, correct?

IF he is indeed holding out for more money, it´s not likely he will put pen to paper until just about midnight on august 31st..

also, about his fitness, apart from 45 minutes with Togo last night, has he played any minutes with Emirates Marketing Project this pre-season? I´m only asking because I dont know jackbrick ...

FFS Pav was friggin shocking - I would be a better lone striker than him. So much of our play broke down reaching his feet and his constant leathering of long-range shots into row Z when we had good attacking positions set up was sooooo annoying.

Our squad really is not that bad for a club that hasn't been a regular challenger for the title for years and doesn't have a sugar-daddy owner. We need a striker, yes, but i'm fudging fed up with the attitude of the average fan these days who wants everything yesterday and thinks things are brick when they don't get it.

I'm really looking forward to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, win lose or draw, because THFC are back in business after the summer and i'm looking forward to seeing how AVB sets us up. I'm pretty sure we'll be competitive whatever the result. There are loads of quality all over the pitch.

Its like the Valencia pre-season game. I enjoyed it, it was a good even match between two quality teams but i came on here afterwards and people were slitting their wrists about it

Right bunch of women on here.

22 hours to go. Not holding my breath on seeing anybody but Jermain Defoe starting upfront on Saturday with Harry Kane on the bench

Steve Slade (who apparently scored no goals in 23 games - im sure i remember him scoring when i was a kid)
Rory Allen (2 goals!)
Neale Fenn
Andy Gray
Andy Booth

............anyone!

Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho is not ruling out the possibility of leaving the club in the summer transfer window.

The Portugal international has been associated with a transfer to Tottenham as Luka Modric is on the verge of joining Real Madrid after Spurs agreed a £27.5million deal with the Spanish champions for the Croatian starlet.

Moutinho, who came on as a substitute in Porto's 1-0 victory against Academica de Coimbra in the Portuguese Supercup on Saturday, admitted that he has the dream to try his luck in a bigger league, but underlined that he is in the dark about Tottenham's reported interest in his services.

"I will continue to work," he told RTP. "If an offer arrives, and it is good for both parties, Porto will, of course, study it.

"I do not know if there is the possibility of joining Tottenham. Every player has the ambition to try new leagues, but I am at Porto and I will continue to work in the same way."

The 25-year-old midfielder, who joined Porto from Portuguese rivals Sporting Lisbon in 2010 for €11m, has a €40m release clause attached to his contract, which runs out in 2015.

He was a key member of now Tottenham coach Andre Villas-Boas' Porto side which won in the 2010-11 season the Portuguese Supercup, Portuguese League, Portuguese Cup and the Europa League.

FFS Pav was friggin shocking - I would be a better lone striker than him. So much of our play broke down reaching his feet and his constant leathering of long-range shots into row Z when we had good attacking positions set up was sooooo annoying.

Our squad really is not that bad for a club that hasn't been a regular challenger for the title for years and doesn't have a sugar-daddy owner. We need a striker, yes, but i'm fudging fed up with the attitude of the average fan these days who wants everything yesterday and thinks things are brick when they don't get it.I'm really looking forward to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, win lose or draw, because THFC are back in business after the summer and i'm looking forward to seeing how AVB sets us up. I'm pretty sure we'll be competitive whatever the result. There are loads of quality all over the pitch.

Its like the Valencia pre-season game. I enjoyed it, it was a good even match between two quality teams but i came on here afterwards and people were slitting their wrists about it

Right bunch of women on here.

Completely agree with that. The way some talk you'd think we had been consistent title challengers and CL participants for the past ten years.....

Back