• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
one word - SHAMBLES.

Modric should have been sold to the highest bidder - dont care who really. Get him out and start succession planning.

The lack of strikers is appalling. Our aim (much like our strikers last year) has been much too high - no megabucks, no CL, no new stadium - if you were a quality striker, would you want to come to us? No we need strikers who are young, hungry and have something to prove. Lets forget about proven strikers, frankly they are out of our league in every which way you look at it.

Quite honestly dont know enough of M'Villa to comment. Aside from that he is apparently a physical and combative midfielder with a reasonable passing game.

Adebayors attitude doesnt bother me at all, the guy just wants to be wanted

UEFA have really fudged things up during the last few years..

unbelievable that the number 4 team in the best league in the world has no pulling power, simply because it´s not in CL this year

We're building a stadium and training ground. Far from cheap! Its a case of long term investment in things which will mean the club is healthy long-term rather than short term splurges

Equivalent situation on a personal level is deciding to pay down your mortgage rather than blow your cash on a holiday (or coke and hookers, whichever you preference)

UEFA have really fudged things up during the last few years..

unbelievable that the number 4 team in the best league in the world has no pulling power, simply because it´s not in CL this year

I think we have a lot of pulling power, we just don't have the wages to offer the big stars in the game.

Quite honestly dont know enough of M'Villa to comment. Aside from that he is apparently a physical and combative midfielder with a reasonable passing game.

Adebayors attitude doesnt bother me at all, the guy just wants to be wanted

Not sure punching Nicklas Bentner was about being wanted. Although lets be honest we'd all have a pop if we could

one word - SHAMBLES.

Modric should have been sold to the highest bidder - dont care who really. Get him out and start succession planning.

The lack of strikers is appalling. Our aim (much like our strikers last year) has been much too high - no megabucks, no CL, no new stadium - if you were a quality striker, would you want to come to us? No we need strikers who are young, hungry and have something to prove. Lets forget about proven strikers, frankly they are out of our league in every which way you look at it.

And you know who that highest bidder is and what they offered?

Well?

As to strikers, Adebayor, for one, is not "out of our league".

And Damiao is very much one of your strikers who are "young, hungry and have something to prove".

I get that but the player says he doesn't want to leave. The article is very short and doesnt have any direct quotes, but I see it as....

Levy : Hi, I would like to match the buy out clause for Soldado
Valencia : Sorry we are rejecting that offer.

Valencia to Soldado : We have rejected a bid from Spurs for you
Soldado : I do not want to leave the club

or

Levy : Hi, I would like to match the buy out clause for Soldado
Valencia : We accept
Valencia to Soldado : We have accepted a bid from Spurs for you
Soldado : So I am for sale ? ok, I do not want to move to Tottenham

Both very different, one rejecting the club and one telling us he is happy to be at Valencia, but as you say the player has the last say where he wants to move to.

That is not legally possible for two reasons

- it only applies to Spanish clubs
- they are obliged to sell at that price if another Spanish club coughs up

Here's a good article on Spanish buy-out clasues if anyone fancies a long read

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/01/29/atletico.buyouts/index.html

one word - SHAMBLES.

Pirate I don't disagree in principle but it sounds easy and DL is no fool. He signs young where he feels it is appropriate. I would prefer a young, hungry striker than ADE to be honest who appears to be holding us to ransom and will probably want a move in 12 months. But unfortunately we need a striker who can hit the ground running and fit into AVBs tactics. Also teams are aware we potentially have money from Modric sale so will hold out for a high price. I would really like us to sign Leandro Damiao.

Who: BEN
Where: FTL
When: 16th August

Mouthino is the one he wants for modric. We will see if we can conclude a deal

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob
Avb: defoe made difference for england

Avb: need one more striker, defoe understands need competition,

Avb: we expect luka to be here to train, he not disruptive, in chairman hand, near conclusion in couple weeks, talks picked up after stall

Avb: exciting to be back in PL, different experience here.

Avb on Saudi Sportswashing Machine: difficult trip, one of most difficult away games, they have a few injury probs,

Avb 'ambitions high, looking to add trophy to cabinet, winning PL extrem difficult, depends on how we do in trabsfer market

Avb on luka: chairman speaking to real, outline replacements, contact with clubs players, waiting for luka to solve to act

one striker??? oh dreary

one word - SHAMBLES.

100% agree with the last part of this. People who think we can attract established and high profile CFs are viewing Spurs through rose tinted spectacles

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob
Avb: defoe made difference for england

Avb: we expect luka to be here to train, he not disruptive, in chairman hand, near conclusion in couple weeks, talks picked up after stall

Avb: exciting to be back in PL, different experience here.

Avb on Saudi Sportswashing Machine: difficult trip, one of most difficult away games, they have a few injury probs,

Avb 'ambitions high, looking to add trophy to cabinet, winning PL extrem difficult, depends on how we do in trabsfer market

Avb on luka: chairman speaking to real, outline replacements, contact with clubs players, waiting for luka to solve to act

The thing that does not make sense to me is this waiting for Modric to go. Surely that just pushes all fees up as teams know we have some money. I thought the point of waiting is that we would have replacements first! then sell Modric!

This whole transfer window has just left me totally bemused with levy and how he sees things. They should make sure the Transfer window is shut before any season starts. That makes too much sense though surely. That way players cannot get cuptied etc and then get transferred and all business is done before a season starts.

one striker??? oh dreary

If that is true and if (thats a big IF) he wants to keep Defoe then it could be Adebayor and knowone else. Consider we are only going to play 1 up front i would be happy with 2 Strikers AVB feels he can use and Kane as a backup for desperate situations. But Can AVB utilise defoe? and if we are allegedly after Saldaldo then we must have given up on Adebayor.

If that is true and if (thats a big IF) he wants to keep Defoe then it could be Adebayor and knowone else. Consider we are only going to play 1 up front i would be happy with 2 Strikers AVB feels he can use and Kane as a backup for desperate situations. But Can AVB utilise defoe? and if we are allegedly after Saldaldo then we must have given up on Adebayor.

I wouldn't be suprised if we got Adebayor and called it a day in the market, unless a VDV deadline bargain became available

Back