• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least we can all agree that its an utter shambles.

Nope, I reserve the right to disagree. Without knowing the facts about what we've been doing or trying to do this summer I don't think it's right to dismiss this window as a shambles. If you look at the few players that have moved clubs this summer, their fees have mostly been extortionate. We can't compete with the sugardaddy clubs on wages.

We could have gone for lesser targets, but then you'd have page upon page about lack of ambition and marquee signings.

Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho is not ruling out the possibility of leaving the club in the summer transfer window.

The Portugal international has been associated with a transfer to Tottenham as Luka Modric is on the verge of joining Real Madrid after Spurs agreed a £27.5million deal with the Spanish champions for the Croatian starlet.

Moutinho, who came on as a substitute in Porto's 1-0 victory against Academica de Coimbra in the Portuguese Supercup on Saturday, admitted that he has the dream to try his luck in a bigger league, but underlined that he is in the dark about Tottenham's reported interest in his services.

"I will continue to work," he told RTP. "If an offer arrives, and it is good for both parties, Porto will, of course, study it.

"I do not know if there is the possibility of joining Tottenham. Every player has the ambition to try new leagues, but I am at Porto and I will continue to work in the same way."

The 25-year-old midfielder, who joined Porto from Portuguese rivals Sporting Lisbon in 2010 for €11m, has a €40m release clause attached to his contract, which runs out in 2015.

He was a key member of now Tottenham coach Andre Villas-Boas' Porto side which won in the 2010-11 season the Portuguese Supercup, Portuguese League, Portuguese Cup and the Europa League.

I wonder why he didnt start - is he not fully fit?

My prediction for the rest of the window:
- Modric out
- Moutinho in
- Ade (loan)
- Parts of the deadwood offloaded (eg Bentley) and some kids loaned out however no other notable arrivals (Leandro, Lloris) or departures (e.g. Defoe)

Some reports suggesting that the RVP deal to Man U will cost them around £70-£75 million over the term of the contract.

And people here wonder why we cant compete.

Nope, I reserve the right to disagree. Without knowing the facts about what we've been doing or trying to do this summer I don't think it's right to dismiss this window as a shambles. If you look at the few players that have moved clubs this summer, their fees have mostly been extortionate. We can't compete with the sugardaddy clubs on wages.

We could have gone for lesser targets, but then you'd have page upon page about lack of ambition and marquee signings.

if the club told us we have to be prudent in the transfer market whilst the stadium is being built then the fans would accept the honesty and wouldnt utter a complaint

its all about communication.

Some reports suggesting that the RVP deal to Man U will cost them around £70-£75 million over the term of the contract.

That most likely includes wages over 4 years? (even so - wow!)

To be fair - I don't think many were expecting a RVP-like signing

ITK

I hav just heard Van Persie has failed his Man Utd medical due to the back injury he gained whilst carrying Arsenal for so many years

Where did he say he wants us? If anything - he suggested 'he doesn't not / isn't sure'

Really? To me that reads he'd sign tomorrow if the deal was on the table. Besides I'm taking his AVB love into consideration where he said earlier this summer he'd jump at the chance to work with him again.

if the club told us we have to be prudent in the transfer market whilst the stadium is being built then the fans would accept the honesty and wouldnt utter a complaint

its all about communication.

Then people would be calling for Levy to go and ENIC to sell. There are already people who think like that, are they even remotely connected to the real world?

If we really are going in for M'vila we need to do it quickly*.. Once/If Song goes to Barca surely they'd be looking to replace him with M'vila. 12-14m for a 22yr old French international is a deal we should absolutely be in for.

Bale - Sigg - Lennon
- Sandro - M'Vila

would be a midfield I'd be more than happy to see against the likes of City, United, Chelsea, etc. away. Looks plenty solid defensively to me and would be good on the counter.

*though knowing Levy it'll be done with 3 minutes to go in the window.

Who: Wishkah
Where: SC
When: 16th August

we've just swapped a lot of GBP into EUR for an upfront payment of a largerish sum. (btw i know the fee - not the player, i'm putting 2+2 together).

Back