• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thing is though, Adebayor and Defoe are not alike, so if Ade gets injured or is away at the ANC, to bring in Defoe would kinda change the dimension of our attacking play

weird

Ade, defoe, kane/coulibaly is fine until january

how on earth can that be "fine" ?

I firmly beleive that Ade is not going to sign, this has been dragging along for so long that it is ridiculous. And if he signs, he will not play against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and I doubt he will play the two games after that. And IF he signs, he will sign on deadline day, and will need time to work on his fitness.

Defoe, never been a fan, but I´ll be happy to have him since he can score goals from nothing and has a good winning attitude

Kane, is this years Rory Allen, nothing more

these three, as the only strikers, are not acceptable. Ade is not a natural finisher, he squanders too many sitters to be considered that, but his link up play is extremely good. If he gets injured, we would be fudged, and if Defoe gets injured, we will be fudged, so by no means these three are "fine" .

The one crumb of comfort I get from this whole window is that we are actively trying to buy top quality talent. That fact that they are rejecting us is not good but at least we are trying.

The thing that does not make sense to me is this waiting for Modric to go. Surely that just pushes all fees up as teams know we have some money. I thought the point of waiting is that we would have replacements first! then sell Modric!

This whole transfer window has just left me totally bemused with levy and how he sees things. They should make sure the Transfer window is shut before any season starts. That makes too much sense though surely. That way players cannot get cuptied etc and then get transferred and all business is done before a season starts.

When the alternative is spending £20m+ on a replacement and then possibly having the Modric deal fall through I think it is reasonable

only because Emirates Marketing Project have and will fund his salary....would Adebayor come to to Spurs if he was offered 80k a week and thats all?

no, and finally somebody that has sence

what we should have done is the same thing Saudi Sportswashing Machine did, they did unbelievable business with Cisse and Ba, with the total price of 12m pounds if I´m not mistaken. I was mad as hell when they bought Cisse as I´ve been a fan of SC Freiburg since my childhood summers in Germany. NOBODY else was in for him, and he is scoring goals for fun. We need to stop chasing Llorente, stop dreaming about players like Higuain and go out and buy players like Cisse

what we should have done is the same thing Saudi Sportswashing Machine did, they did unbelievable business with Cisse and Ba, with the total price of 12m pounds if I´m not mistaken. I was mad as hell when they bought Cisse as I´ve been a fan of SC Freiburg since my childhood summers in Germany. NOBODY else was in for him, and he is scoring goals for fun. We need to stop chasing Llorente, stop dreaming about players like Higuain and go out and buy players like Cisse

I agree with you on Cisse. But in the case of Ba, everyone was scared about his Knee. But Mr Sports Direct was not giving Pardew much funds so he gambled, it payed off. But it could so easily have gone the other way.

I think Fletcher is a good player would would do well for us and we can get him. But he is not a Superstar so knowone wants the balding git even though he is a only 25 is good at his job and scored goals in a brick team.

Yep and the concern is that, if we have been living in la la land for the past 2 months and chasing people like Llorente and Higuain, then we've now given ourselves just 2 week so try to find someone realistic

I agree with you on Cisse. But in the case of Ba, everyone was scared about his Knee. But Mr Sports Direct was not giving Pardew much funds so he gambled, it payed off. But it could so easily have gone the other way.

I think Fletcher is a good player would would do well for us and we can get him. But he is not a Superstar so knowone wants the balding git even though he is a only 25 is good at his job and scored goals in a brick team.

not at the £15m wanted !!! too much money for him

Back