• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Dembele would be a good Modric replacement. M'Villa from what I understand is a totally different prospect.

I think we can be confident Moutinho wants to come, so no issue on the players front (comments recently and early in the summer suggest as much)

The Times reported today Moutinho was available for £24m, with Modrics sale well within our reach.

I dont know it thats an assumed paper talk value, or his release clause.

His release was reported early in the summer as £31m, if that were € it would equate roughly to the £24m.

Leaves me thinking its £31m or €31m, not sure which. Either is achievable with the Modric money, so it would just depend on our appetite for the player.

My missus really wants me to come to bed and I said, 'But today's the day the signings will happen!'

Apparently I've been saying that for the last 3 weeks....

My missus really wants me to come to bed and I said, 'But today's the day the signings will happen!'

I keep browsing on my phone, often for as long as an hour - only to be confronted with the latest 'fight' outbreak in the thread

Barcelona signed Cesc Fabregas on August 15, 2011.

RvP leaves Arsenal on August 15, 2012

Wheelchair on August 15, 2013 ????

the big Soldado bid follows on from the previous big bids for Aguero, Rossi, Llorente :lol:

Really, what the fcuk is going on. Complete shambles =D>

The result is the same. But the reason and the emphasis is very different.

That's precisely how papers / talkbrick etc. spin stories in order to sensationalise them.

simpletons will never get it, thats why I didnt bother trying to explain.

Am not ITk but am really not expecting any signings this week. The way the world is now we'd usually know about it already.

GOing to go down to the last 10 days of the window

UEFA have really fudged things up during the last few years..

unbelievable that the number 4 team in the best league in the world has no pulling power, simply because it´s not in CL this year

I think Dembele would be a good Modric replacement. M'Villa from what I understand is a totally different prospect.

I think we can be confident Moutinho wants to come, so no issue on the players front (comments recently and early in the summer suggest as much)

The Times reported today Moutinho was available for £24m, with Modrics sale well within our reach.

I dont know it thats an assumed paper talk value, or his release clause.

His release was reported early in the summer as £31m, if that were € it would equate roughly to the £24m.

Leaves me thinking its £31m or €31m, not sure which. Either is achievable with the Modric money, so it would just depend on our appetite for the player.

I must say I have real reservation about M'villa's attitude. He's off field stuff was really serious reminds me of Ravel Morrison. Not a good influence on a dressing room and not sure if AVB would be able to play the strong "father figure" role required. Add to that the attitude issues Ade himself has supposedly had in the past not a good combination.

Well yeah, but the last say is with the player.

I get that but the player says he doesn't want to leave. The article is very short and doesnt have any direct quotes, but I see it as....

Levy : Hi, I would like to match the buy out clause for Soldado
Valencia : Sorry we are rejecting that offer.
Valencia to Soldado : We have rejected a bid from Spurs for you
Soldado : I do not want to leave the club

or

Levy : Hi, I would like to match the buy out clause for Soldado
Valencia : We accept
Valencia to Soldado : We have accepted a bid from Spurs for you
Soldado : So I am for sale ? ok, I do not want to move to Tottenham

Both very different, one rejecting the club and one telling us he is happy to be at Valencia, but as you say the player has the last say where he wants to move to.

Back