• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That figure sounds correct (Archie said a bit north of 30m), the worry is that the add-ons are goals and assists or something.

But the big concern is that Moutinho will be minimum £30m, though I think we could push this down to 25m or so. M'vila isn't creative enough to replace Modric (and neither is Moutinho, but at least he's a bit better).

Thought Moutinho's buy-out is supposed to be 30m euro, so £23m?

That sounds a fair price to me. If we make at least £10m profit out of the Modric-Moutinho switch to direct towards forwards, then all will be good.

I think Herandez would be great for US. Quick, can play upfront alone if needed and a great finisher. With plays like Bale, VDV, Sig, Lennon and Modric/Replacement creating chances he'd get 25 league goals.

I see no reason why United would sell Hernandez, would seem like a pretty stupid move getting rid of a 22 year old striker with a goal every two games ratio

I see no reason why United would sell Hernandez, would seem like a pretty stupid move getting rid of a 22 year old striker with a goal every two games ratio

He isn't happy with being an impact sub. IMO that's the best way to use him, the few matches I've seen him start he's been completely anonymous.

How are they going to keep him happy as Welbeck seems to be in front of him aswell as Rooney and now RVP?

He isn't happy with being an impact sub. IMO that's the best way to use him, the few matches I've seen him start he's been completely anonymous.

He started against Chelsea pretty well season before last! But I do agree he seems to better against tiring defenders. Still I think he'd be great for us.

Agreed - selling would be out of the quesion, imv. I believe however a season loan is far more plausible

Why on earth would we buy Hernandez? He has never shown any ability to hold the ball, bring others into the game or do anything that Defoe cannot do better. He did score a good header with the back of his head a couple of seasons ago though.

Hernandez had that strange concussion in preseason last year. He got a mild concussion from been hit on the head by the ball. He was supposed to be out two weeks but missed a month, possibly two.

I don't think he was the same player last season as the year before. Maybe it was just a loss of confidence or maybe there is something more.

It would be extremely funny if Arsenal nipped in ahead of us and got Ade back now that they got rid of RVP.

Hilarious really.

Wenger confirmed Giroud and Podolski were recruited to offset RVP's departure - intersting since Podolski signed way prior to the Dutchman releasing his statement. Unless of course both of them knew or he's simply using Lucas as a convinient excuse.

Closer to home - assuming Levy knew Modric would scratch for an exit if we didn't make CL football - is Sigurdsson his replacement, because in my opinion they're noting alike. Do we even have a Modric replacement in line or jad one at any point during this transfer clusterfudge of a window? Unless of course some believe AVB's system does not need 'a' Modric - something which is nearly impossible to accept since

- he wanted to sign him last year for his Chelsea system
- a class player can improve any football side
- you often build your team around the strongest units

So many questions, so many unknowns

Last edited:
Closer to home - assuming Levy knew Modric would scratch for an exit if we didn't make CL football - is Sigurdsson his replacement, because in my opinion they're noting alike.

Sigurdsson played as a holding midfielder last night for Iceland, Lars Lagerback seems to think he is quite useful that way. I still think that him and VDV are almost identical, as VDV could also play deep but is more utilized when playing behind the striker

Wenger confirmed Giroud and Podolski were recruited to offset RVP's departure - intersting since Podolski signed way prior to the Dutchman released his statement. Unless of course both of them knew or he's simply using Lucas as a convinient excuse.

Closer to home - assuming Levy knew Modric would scratch for an exit if we didn't make CL football - is Sigurdsson his replacement, because in my opinion they're noting alike. Do we even have a Modric replacement in line or jad one at any point during this transfer clusterfudge of a window? Unless of course some believe AVB's system does not need 'a' Modric - something which is nearly impossible to accept since

- he wasnted to sign him last year for his Chelsea system
- a class player can improve any football side
- you often build your team around the strongest units

So many questions, so many unknowns

its just as likely Roman wanted Modric a AVB

also - we know the player is going, have done for a long time. there HAVE to be a direct replacement - sometimes when players move on you also move on and often that means adapting formation/style of play depending on the players that are available to bring in (look at Fergie everytime someone moves on)

Im sure AVB and Levy were aiming for the future, i can't see them signing an old boy up front.

Now is not a time to aim for the future now is a time to just bring in someone who can do a job. I guess the same reason why harry had to bring in stop gaps.

Funny thing is we will be experiencing a very similiar window next summer with Bale maybe leaving (Although not sure to whome) I am seriously prepared for Manure to put in a bid next summer.

Midfielder Dan Gosling, 22, is on standby to start Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Premier League opener against Tottenham as first-choice pair Yohan Cabaye and Cheikh Tiote are struggling to be match fit.

*Clutching at straws [-o<

+1. Neither of them were available when we beat them 5-0 at the Lane.

I see we've had number of bids rejected recently (even if half of them are flimflam) - perhaps number of things should happen

- we need to aim lower since we appear reluctant to spend money on quality goods - i.e. you can't offer Hyundai money and expect BMW quality

- we need to accept the market dynamic has changed and clubs are aware of our position, hence they won't quote us cheap

- we need to pay up to get our man, much like Utd had to in the end (obviously relative to our targets, not an RVP equivalent)

Back