• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TRANSFER GOSSIP

With Manchester United set to sign Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie, Old Trafford striker Javier Hernandez, 24, could move the other way.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Midfielder Luka Modric, 26, is expected to travel to Spain within the next 48 hours for a medical and to agree personal terms with Real Madrid after Jose Mourinho's side offered a package that guaranteed Tottenham close to £35m.

Full story: Daily Telegraph
Jermain Defoe scored for England in their 2-1 win over Italy

Jermain Defoe scored for England in their 2-1 friendly win over Italy

Sunderland have opened talks with free agent Louis Saha, 34, as negotiations continue with Wolves over 25-year-old striker Steven Fletcher.

Full story: Daily Mail

Chelsea defender Sam Hutchinson, 23, is wanted on loan by Nottingham Forest.

Full story: Daily Star

Arsenal have expressed a willingness to sell 24-year-old midfielder Alex Song, but the club are yet to agree a fee with Barcelona.

Full story: Evening Standard

QPR, Aston Villa and Sunderland are all interested in signing Tottenham and England striker Jermain Defoe, 29.

Full story: Metro

Blackburn have rejected a £500,000 bid from Norwich for 27-year-old goalkeeper Mark Bunn.

Full story: Lancashire Telegraph

Everton are preparing a move for Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam, 26, who will be allowed to leave Anfield for £5m.

Full story: Daily Mirror

The Scotland international could be replaced by Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin after Liverpool moved ahead of Arsenal in the race to secure a loan deal for the 23-year-old .

Full story: Guardian
Hernandez has made more than 100 appearances for Valencia since he joined from Getafe in 2008

Pablo Hernandez has made more than 100 appearances in four years for Valencia

Everton's move for Olympiacos striker Kevin Mirallas has advanced to the stage where manager David Moyes has opened talks with the 24-year-old's club.

Full story: Independent

Swansea have lined up Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez, 27, as a potential replacement for Scott Sinclair if the 23-year-old is sold.

Full story: the Sun
OTHER GOSSIP

Liverpool owner John W Henry says Liverpool are still paying the price of the previous failed ownership regime.

Full story: Liverpool Echo

Former Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour believes the sale of Robin van Persie, 29, shows Arsenal can no longer compete with the biggest clubs.

Full story: talkSPORT

Midfielder Dan Gosling, 22, is on standby to start Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Premier League opener against Tottenham as first-choice pair Yohan Cabaye and Cheikh Tiote are struggling to be match fit.

Full story: Evening Chronicle
AND FINALLY

AC Milan have signed a 10-year-old girl from East Dunbartonshire after she impressed scouts while on a family holiday in La Manga.

Full story: Metro

Who: BEN
Where: FTL
When: 16th August

I said all be done by Tuesday ade but deal is going ahead and will be done still but I won't say today or I will get told I was wrong if does not happen.

Also I said no other striker and hands ip was wrong now told another be done very soon as well mr levy working his backside off now his back in uk.

Who the other striker is they won't say.

Followed up with...

Levy left uk yesterday on flight and stayed abroad last night not America spurs business to try to conclude this striker

And

This will happen he knows the situation is now very important!!!

Who: BEN
Where: FTL
When: 16th August

I said all be done by Tuesday ade but deal is going ahead and will be done still but I won't say today or I will get told I was wrong if does not happen.

Also I said no other striker and hands ip was wrong now told another be done very soon as well mr levy working his backside off now his back in uk.

Who the other striker is they won't say.

Followed up with...

Levy left uk yesterday on flight and stayed abroad last night not America spurs business to try to conclude this striker

And

This will happen he knows the situation is now very important!!!

is now important?????

take yer time love, youve only had all summer

Midfielder Dan Gosling, 22, is on standby to start Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Premier League opener against Tottenham as first-choice pair Yohan Cabaye and Cheikh Tiote are struggling to be match fit.

*Clutching at straws [-o<

Someone saying Hudd to West Ham???

If true (and I hope not), then let's hope its just a loan to get him back playing

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt
#AVFC talking to Rennes abt loaning out #Makoun (paving way for M'Vila sale). Bordeaux also keen, Al-Rayyan offer expected today

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt
@Jagsy10 Hi there. Yeah, my understanding is AFC totally off M'Vila now, put off by trouble off-pitch. THFC interested if price is right.

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt
Rennes are struggling to sell. Yann says happy to stay

Guardian think Juventus might be interested in Hernandez. Would not mind that at all, would keep them away from our targets.

Today is surely the last day we can sign Ade in time to play Saturdays isn't it?

PL regulations say that his registration must be with the club at least one hour before kick off, but I assume the authorities take the weekend off. 5pm tomorrow is it?

Guardian think Juventus might be interested in Hernandez. Would not mind that at all, would keep them away from our targets.

I think Herandez would be great for US. Quick, can play upfront alone if needed and a great finisher. With plays like Bale, VDV, Sig, Lennon and Modric/Replacement creating chances he'd get 25 league goals.

Back