• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
talkSPORTDrive @talkSPORTDrive

Because of Levy's stance on Modric Spurs are once again not ready for the start of the season #shambles 08717 223344

The clue is in the phone number at the end. They want you to rage.

Nah, they want me to rage against Levy. I suspect calling them up and declaring that I want to abuse them so badly their mothers will have to take over the show while they sob in the corner might not end up with me on air. :)

Yeah. I reckon £32m + £5m add odds will be about the figure. It wont be disclosed though and as neither clubs are PLCs now we'll possibly never find out.

That figure sounds correct (Archie said a bit north of 30m), the worry is that the add-ons are goals and assists or something.

But the big concern is that Moutinho will be minimum £30m, though I think we could push this down to 25m or so. M'vila isn't creative enough to replace Modric (and neither is Moutinho, but at least he's a bit better).

I wouldn't bet against the fee being released. Levy will want to halt all the tabloid conjecture about the fee, especially now that they're assuming that we've caved and are prepared to sell for absolute peanuts.

Why? Cos I proved you to be clueless? A like for like bale? This ain't FIFA or football manager(which you bang on about all the time) its real life. I don't like levy or redknapp think they were/are hindering the club from going forward but to suggest pienaar and kranjcar were not adequate cover for Lennon and bale because they were not like for like sums it up for me. fudge it let's spunk 30 mill on nani and valencia or whoever you believe we should be buying for cover. Good night

why does it have to be to the level of nani or valencia? why couldnt it simply be key skills that lets us play to the way we were playing when we were winning?

having said that nothing wrong with pienaar or niko individually...i think the main issue was the fact we had NO out and out wing cover for either that we were really willing to rely on. we had to consider playing walker there

I wouldn't bet against the fee being released. Levy will want to halt all the tabloid conjecture about the fee, especially now that they're assuming that we've caved and are prepared to sell for absolute peanuts.

Whatever fee is released (if any) would always have its doubters, mate

Not sure Levy cares and would we want to inform other clubs of how much money we just got?

Who: Archibald
Where: Spurs Odyssey
When: 15/08/12
Archibald said:
not quite what Sky are reporting but not far off.. Not far north of £30m with all add ons and some may not happen

Marca now quoting Sky hahahahaha, seems they look to each other to make things up

Modric’s arrival at Real Madrid now appears to be just hours away. According to Sky Sports, the Croatian player will travel to the Spanish capital on Thursday to finalise his move to ‘Los Blancos’.

Real Madrid and Tottenham are currently finalising the figures for the transaction. Florentino Pérez is willing to shell out a fee of €32 million plus a series of payments for add-ons, which would range from €6-8 million. The transaction is similar to the one previously agreed with Benfica to sign Argentina’s Di María.

The English club is also working simultaneously on signing someone to replace Luka Modric in the Spurs midfield. Best placed is the Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila, the French international who performed well in Euro 2012 under the management of Laurent Blanc.

Modric was under the charge of his international coach, Igor Stimac, for the friendly against Switzerland played in Split.

Back