• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both for somewhere around 22-24 million pound mark. Well the Modric price is according to marca who apparently are as close to real Madrid as you can get according to people on here when there rumours are positive in regards us. But obviously it's an awful price and what not and people couldn't possibly question mr levy(bit like redknapp 6 months ago) they are now saying marca Is equivalent to the sun and can't possibly be a true price? Who knows?

Marca are indeed very close to Real Madrid. So much of what they print is very accurate.

However, it's equally true to say that Marca are too close to Real Madrid. They regularly trot out Real Madrid propaganda (as anyone following the Modric saga this summer must have realised by now).

So when Marca claims that Spurs have caved in completely to the mighty Real Madrid, you'd have to be hopelessly naive to swallow the story entire.

Not least because it doesn't tally in the slightest with what we know about Daniel Levy.

Fee is getting higher now...

Luka Modric edges closer to Real Madrid move from Tottenham Hotspur
Real Madrid made a significant breakthrough in their protracted attempt to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham on Wednesday after offering to increase their up-front fee beyond £30 million on a potential £38 million deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Real-Madrid-move-from-Tottenham-Hotspur.html

Good deal for us. Much better and much more realistic than apparently accepting around £25m and bonuses taking it up to 30.

So glad we are getting the deal done and can now move on, hopefully strengthening.

The other good thing, performance related bonuses often will be fulfilled at a club like Real. I always laugh at some of these deals getting struck basing their fees on trophies won or whatever when really they don't have a very good chance of winning one.

You're a fudging spastic.

Feel free to warn me mods

Why? Cos I proved you to be clueless? A like for like bale? This ain't FIFA or football manager(which you bang on about all the time) its real life. I don't like levy or redknapp think they were/are hindering the club from going forward but to suggest pienaar and kranjcar were not adequate cover for Lennon and bale because they were not like for like sums it up for me. fudge it let's spunk 30 mill on nani and valencia or whoever you believe we should be buying for cover. Good night

firmly believe that tomorrow and friday are going to be huge since Modric is on the verge of being official. Good night y´all....

Why? Cos I proved you to be clueless? A like for like bale? This ain't FIFA or football manager(which you bang on about all the time) its real life. I don't like levy or redknapp think they were/are hindering the club from going forward but to suggest pienaar and kranjcar were not adequate cover for Lennon and bale because they were not like for like sums it up for me. fudge it let's spunk 30 mill on nani and valencia or whoever you believe we should be buying for cover. Good night

No you macaron, I don't mean a fudging player as good as Bale as for some reason you seem to think. Someone who will come on, be direct and put the ball in the box, you know? a fudging WINGER.. not a wide midfielder like Niko or Pienaar who we used to just shove out there. Same with Lennon. Good night? Good. Never enter this thread again like you said you would. Or you gonna flimflam more?

You're a fudging spastic.

Feel free to warn me mods
Taking away the context here as tbh I just don't care that's your issue, to call somebody a spastic is downright a disgusting thing to say to use that as an insult is detestable imo, to use the word spastic as an insult makes people who would be called 'spastics' seem lesser/inferior or less that human. I sincerely hope you that comment made you feel big mate.

*edit

Before this turns into another ridiculous argument.........the original comment has been removed (so those quoting are the ones bringing it to attention) and the author of that post has been dealt with by admin.

So, back on track please

Come on man, what is it that you don't understand about like for like? It's not necessarily as in another world class winger, but someone who can play in their role and be the same, on a lower level most likely. Neither Krancjar or Pienaar are fast, tricky wingers. We have Townsend and Gio who I think are closest to like for like, but none of them have really played much.

Sooooooooo

All these transfers we are completing. Where will it all end?

calendar_mandatory_icon3.png

In a new series of TV's Swap Shop with TV now standing for Terry Venables and Levy being the schemer who wants to swap every Spurs item for something bigger and better but keeps getting his goodies taken off him by his elder siblings.

Marca are indeed very close to Real Madrid. So much of what they print is very accurate.

However, it's equally true to say that Marca are too close to Real Madrid. They regularly trot out Real Madrid propaganda (as anyone following the Modric saga this summer must have realised by now).

So when Marca claims that Spurs have caved in completely to the mighty Real Madrid, you'd have to be hopelessly naive to swallow the story entire.

Not least because it doesn't tally in the slightest with what we know about Daniel Levy.

Agree with a cherry on top.

With Bryan Swanson getting as excited, over us and our latest development, as Gary Neville did over the Torres goal and consequently being dubbed on to 100 different 'funny' YouTube videos.

Back