• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
haha lol

I did not know that this was a verified account

finally something to beleive

I want to open up a bottle of champagne. Thank GHod you are gone, you little disrespectful overrated piece of crap. Now, can we get some incomings please?

Absolutely.

When can we start affording fees? Our squad feels a lot smaller than it used to be, we have sold a lot of our squad players and over the last few seasons it feels, rightly or wrongly, that we have sold a lot more players than we have bought, so where has all the money gone?

Surely, it's about time that we started spending the transfer funds that we must have accumulated. The idea posed here is being said by all on here, that we need to go and buy new players but I'm starting to get seriously concerned about our lack of strength in depth.

If Assou-Ekotto is injured, who plays left back? Naughton? Who I wouldn't rate so much as a left back as it's not his position or Vertonghen who should be playing at centre back.

What if Bale gets injured? Who can play left wing? Lennon moved on the left again and Bentley on the right? Or Dos Santos or Andros Townsend? Patchy reserves and certainly not the quality of player you really want coming in when injuries strike and the same players would be called upon if Lennon were to be injured. If Bale and Lennon were both injured, do we really want Dos Santos on one wing and Townsend on the other?

Then there's the obvious lack of strikers, so we have Defoe who scored a great goal for England but isn't what we want right now according to most.

In goal we have an old keeper, we have a keeper who last played so badly that he disappeared in to the shadows and we have another old keeper.

In central midfield we have better options thanks to the 1 in, 1 out that is Modric out and Gylfi in. We do need a direct replacement however and not just a 1 for 1. I would say at the moment central midfield is one of our better areas in terms of strength in depth.

At right back, we have Kyle Walker and then back up I assume of Naughton. So again, if Assou-Ekotto is at the African Cup of Nations, assuming Cameroon have qualified I'm not 100% if they have or not, and then Kyle Walker gets injured do we have Naughton running from right back to left back and then back again,covering two roles.

We need BIG signings now, a lot of them and we need to get them in ASAP!!

with Defoe having a confidence boost after tonight, I´m quite happy starting with him alone up front, with Gylfi, DVD and Bale behind him. That´s not a bad front line, only think they have to do is to keep the ball to the feet and they will be ok. A striker before next game is a must though, and more than 1!!!

Our team is down to Harry Redknapp. He's the one who's left us in this state. He left us with two strikers in Jermain Defoe and Harry Kane. He's left us with no out and out back up for Lennon and Bale. It's him and it's what he seems to do with football clubs.

Now, is it down to AVB why we haven't got our striker yet? or any central midfielders? or out and out replacements for Bale and Lennon? left back competition? a new young and hungry goalkeeper? Not necessarily, if we can't afford what we are after and what we can afford aren't good enough, it's not his fault at all.

Our team is down to Harry Redknapp. He's the one who's left us in this state. He left us with two strikers in Jermain Defoe and Harry Kane. He's left us with no out and out back up for Lennon and Bale. It's him and it's what he seems to do with football clubs.

Now, is it down to AVB why we haven't got our striker yet? or any central midfielders? or out and out replacements for Bale and Lennon? left back competition? a new young and hungry goalkeeper? Not necessarily, if we can't afford what we are after and what we can afford aren't good enough, it's not his fault at all.

He left us with kranjcar and pienaar our cover for bale and Lennon but then levy sold them that's Harry's fault is it?

The money must have gone somewhere though for all these players that have been sold? Why did we sell all these players if we are unable to buy replacements? Seems kinda ridiculous!

Surely it's like buying a house, you don't just sell yours and hope for the best. I appreciate that the analogy is skewed because this is suggesting that you have different types of houses for different purposes and that you have fall back houses where required but I hope the point is still made.

We sold Pienaar this summer when AVB was at the club, surely he is a better fall back option than some that we have left? The whole situation is a mess and surely Levy and the others realise this? Now we need a big takeover or big investment more than ever and to actually start challenging again. Jeff Stelling predicted that we would drop out of the top 6 and as it stands I'm fearing that he could be right. We will start well but run in to problems around Christmas when all our players drop down injured.

He left us with kranjcar and pienaar our cover for bale and Lennon but then levy sold them that's Harry's fault is it?

Neither are cover though, they are both completely different players to Bale and Lennon, buying Pienaar when he wasn't needed is Harry Redknapp all over. Kranjcar is a great player and I was sad to see him leave, the fact Redknapp never once played him in Rafa's role or when VDV was injured or unfit is criminal. We needed like for like for Bale to stop us from changing the way we played.

I still remember a game last year, might of been Everton away? Where we had a few players out, my GHod we were awful, looked like 11 strangers on the pitch than a team with a plan.

And as for swapping Dos Santos for Julio Cesar, hilarious unless when the term Sweeper Keeper was coined what was actually meant was a goalkeeper who is played anywhere else in the starting lineup but in goal. We would lose more depth and then not even have Dos Santos as stand by. Our bench will be full of kids, we will have an average age on the bench that would suggest that the Early Learning Centre could be a new option for stadium sponsor.

Arrrghh I think I'm talking rationally but I'm too frustrated by our lack of transfer activity especially when, with new manager and with the top 4 rival sides signing more players than us, we need it more than most ahead of this new season.

Like for like for bale? fudge me some people live in a dream world on here. We're not Emirates Marketing Project we're spurs not gonna post on this thread anymore people seem to think its football manager along with those stupid itks blah fudge this

Neither are cover though, they are both completely different players to Bale and Lennon, buying Pienaar when he wasn't needed is Harry Redknapp all over. Kranjcar is a great player and I was sad to see him leave, the fact Redknapp never once played him in Rafa's role or when VDV was injured or unfit is criminal. We needed like for like for Bale to stop us from changing the way we played.

I still remember a game last year, might of been Everton away? Where we had a few players out, my GHod we were awful, looked like 11 strangers on the pitch than a team with a plan.

Yeah ok

You remember one game? What about the 20 game run where we lost once or twice? What about finishing fourth? or the two fifth placed finishes? no lets forget all that and focus on one game.

Oh yeah lets not forget that Harry has gone and we are still struggling to sign a few players. The ones we did sign - im pretty sure we were gonna get even if Harry was here. Harry said it last season - get rid of Modric buy the players we needed for long term. Instead we kept the ****, and had to fill our squad with the likes of Saha and Nielsen.

fudgein hell.

Like for like for bale? fudge me some people live in a dream world on here. We're not Emirates Marketing Project we're spurs not gonna post on this thread anymore people seem to think its football manager along with those stupid itks blah fudge this

You're a fudging spastic.

Feel free to warn me mods

Yeah ok

You remember one game? What about the 20 game run where we lost once or twice? What about finishing fourth? or the two fifth placed finishes? no lets forget all that and focus on one game.

Oh yeah lets not forget that Harry has gone and we are still struggling to sign a few players. The ones we did sign - im pretty sure we were gonna get even if Harry was here. Harry said it last season - get rid of Modric buy the players we needed for long term. Instead we kept the ****, and had to fill our squad with the likes of Saha and Nielsen.

fudgein hell.

You're going on like I'm slagging Harry's accomplishments at the club, fudge right off.

Neither are cover though, they are both completely different players to Bale and Lennon, buying Pienaar when he wasn't needed is Harry Redknapp all over.Kranjcar is a great player and I was sad to see him leave, the fact Redknapp never once played him in Rafa's role or when VDV was injured or unfit is criminal. We needed like for like for Bale to stop us from changing the way we played.

I suspect that buying Pienaar is Levy all over. Decent Premier League player, available at a decent price, with the chance to sell for more when on a long contract. Just like Danny Murphy.

I suspect that buying Pienaar is Levy all over. Decent Premier League player, available at a decent price, with the chance to sell for more when on a long contract. Just like Danny Murphy.

Harry probably wanted him, Levy got to work and what a deal we got

Back