• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rooney, wellbeck, hernandez, van persie, berbatov,

Now THAT is a strike force that CANNOT be kept happy.

everyone should take note about how unhappy life will bvecome and people wanting to leave. even from united

Add to that the fact that they have Young, Nani, Valencia and Kagawa for attacking midfielders/wide positions meaning less scope for playing, for example, Wellbeck or ROoney out wide

I've read that he wants the entire transfer fee to go to himself, and without that he's stalling.

We've all read lots of different reasons.

They might be partial reportings of the same scenario.

It seems that we have agreed a deal with City for the transfer fee and that they will pay him something to cover the disparity in wages for the remaining two years of his City contract.

Adebayor also wants the other two years of his contract with us supplemented. The transfer fee we have agreed with City would cover that.

I would Berbs back in a heartbeat. Ideally I'd want a young CF plus Adebayor but we're getting desperate he is a class act

I could easily see us being in a position where we are still scrambling around for a CF in the last 2-3 days of the window

I actually think Berba might go to Arsenal, heaven forbid

Arsenal already have their strikers for next season in Giroud and Podolski. Meanwhile we're left 3 days before the start of the season with no replacements for Crouch and Pav (12 and 6 months after they've left) and facing the prospect of Jenas starting on saturday.

Arsenal fans are fudging funny

Fabregas put on his twitter: "Im in shock" - 2 hours ago = 8000 Retweets from Gooner Scum thinking it was about RVP
Then a little bit later, He puts: "Im in shock as I have lost 4 straight games of Parchi"

HA HA, Even Fabregas doesn't give a fudge.

rooney, wellbeck, hernandez, van persie, berbatov,

Now THAT is a strike force that CANNOT be kept happy.

everyone should take note about how unhappy life will bvecome and people wanting to leave. even from united

Just for arguments sake what other forwards do they have on their books? Bebe, Macheda, etc

I´ll bring out some negativity yet again!

SERIOUSLY!!! are some of you even lingering to the idea of wanting Berbatov, now at the age of 31, back in the white shirt? The guy has a bricky attitude, is a menace to the team morale and does not give a flying fudge about our club.

I would have taken Berbatov at beginning of window

Quite honestly, if we could get to window close with Vert/Sig/Berb/Ade/Modric replacement, I think we would have come out stronger, maybe not solving the striker problem long term, but for at least another season.

Please please please can we sign a striker now

Forgetting what the price may be for Modric, brick is gonna start moving now as a result. It has to and I still believe they are working to a plan that by the end of the window we will be happy with. I HAVE to believe that.

That's something to rejoice. I really believe We WILL get players in very soon.

So whoever owes Wriggly that F5 key get it sorted soon because the floodgates of ITK and actual signings are about to open.

Adebayor was obviously very important for us last season, but i have to agree with what has been alluded to: if he wanted to be at spurs then he should have been here already, for weeks now. But he has no history of club loyalty so it is unreasonable to ask that of him at this stage in his career. So he won't accept a 50% wage cut - I wouldn't either.

Anyway, it is THFC itself and not Adebayor that has put the club in its current rather sad state. If we could not seal the Adebayor deal early then surely we should have had a shortlist of other, more realistic targets? Starting the season with Defoe alone (I'm not counting Kane and neither should AVB) is unbelievably poor.

Nerdved, I can't understand fans giving players like adebayor such an easy ride while at the same time hammering Levy for trying to run a club responsibly. You say why would he halve his wages and accept the purported paltry sum of £80000 a weekover the next 3 years plus sign on fee up to £5m. Wow he would have a retirement of abject poverty to look forwards to just like his Togan compatriots. The point is does he not want to play football? 3 days of the season to go he is training in the reserves with Mancini saying he has no chance of playing and he is happy to accept that? What sort of motivation is that for a professional? Frankly it just shows the fudged up state of football and if every footballer walks round with the attitude of Adebayor no wonder we are struggling to sign anyone. Do people seriously think that Levy is deliberately trying not to sign a striker? Why would he do that? The world of football transfers is a murky disgusting world of greed, agents and players alike. Also we don't even have the carrot of champions league Football. There is no chairman I would prefer to DL.

I would have taken Berbatov at beginning of window

Quite honestly, if we could get to window close with Vert/Sig/Berb/Ade/Modric replacement, I think we would have come out stronger, maybe not solving the striker problem long term, but for at least another season.

In regards to the striker will this be the third season/window that we will be quoting that?

I would rather haver Berbatov than Defoe.

I dont often find myself saying this but.....I think I agree with Bale. Only thing Defoe has on his side is that he's 2 years younger however his transfer value will drop quickly over the next 12-24 months so that age advantage will soon be gone

Back