• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What the greedy cnut Adebayor who wants to hold our club to ransom for a wage he is not worth. Call me naive but Don't want him at the club don't think he is all that never been able to settle at any club because there is too much baggage.

Sorry but how do you know this is true? Because some journalist said so? It is just as likely the issue is with Many City and their settlement with Ade.

What the greedy cnut Adebayor who wants to hold our club to ransom for a wage he is not worth. Call me naive but Don't want him at the club don't think he is all that never been able to settle at any club because there is too much baggage.

does it matter that like half his wages goes to african charities?

Sorry but how do you know this is true? Because some journalist said so? It is just as likely the issue is with Many City and their settlement with Ade.

Please don't be naive. Its about money otherwise he would have signed weeks ago when we agreed a fee with Emirates Marketing Project. With 3 days til the start of the season can't believe if he really wanted to be here he wouldn't be.

How are Utd going to integrate 5 senior strikers in their side?

Welbeck apparenly just signed a new 5 year deal so I truly hope we re in for Hernandez on a loan or even Berbatov

Please don't be naive. Its about money otherwise he would have signed weeks ago when we agreed a fee with Emirates Marketing Project. With 3 days til the start of the season can't believe if he really wanted to be here he wouldn't be.

You know for sure we agreed a fee? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere. Rather than me being naive as you arrogantly suggest it seems you have an agenda which you will seek to further regardless of what you really know. Just say you don't like him, that's fine. But we know nothing of the facts, or where the sticking point really is with this deal.

You know for sure we agreed a fee? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere. Rather than me being naive as you arrogantly suggest it seems you have an agenda which you will seek to further regardless of what you really know. Just say you don't like him, that's fine. But we know nothing of the facts, or where the sticking point really is with this deal.
No Agenda Marco I was really happy when we signed him at the start of last season but slowly fell out of love. Yes he was important but he also had a lot of shortcomings - poor first touch and shooting power of my granny at times. I would have been happy for us to re-sign but not for the wages he is purportedly demanding. That money can be better spent. I was not in the room when any fee agreed but if I am going to trust a source other than official site it would be BBC Sport. Even Mancini appears to be telling Ade to go. Got to say if he really wanted to be at Spurs he would be now. The man has too much baggage.

van Persie won Arsenal 44 of there 70 points in the Premier League last season..
Adebayor won Spurs 42 of there 69 points in the Premier League last season..

van Persie played 38 league games for Arsenal last season.
Adebayor played 33 league games for Tottenham last season.

Arsenal would have got 32 points without van Persie's involvement last season..
Tottenham would have got 51 points without Adebayor's involvement last season..

Don't take it as gospel, it was rough.

van Persie won Arsenal 44 of there 70 points in the Premier League last season..
Adebayor won Spurs 42 of there 69 points in the Premier League last season..

van Persie played 38 league games for Arsenal last season.
Adebayor played 33 league games for Tottenham last season.

Arsenal would have got 32 points without van Persie's involvement last season..
Tottenham would have got 51 points without Adebayor's involvement last season..

Don't take it as gospel, it was rough.

Errr your sums don't quite add up?

Adebayor was obviously very important for us last season, but i have to agree with what has been alluded to: if he wanted to be at spurs then he should have been here already, for weeks now. But he has no history of club loyalty so it is unreasonable to ask that of him at this stage in his career. So he won't accept a 50% wage cut - I wouldn't either.

Anyway, it is THFC itself and not Adebayor that has put the club in its current rather sad state. If we could not seal the Adebayor deal early then surely we should have had a shortlist of other, more realistic targets? Starting the season with Defoe alone (I'm not counting Kane and neither should AVB) is unbelievably poor.

Van Persie to United, perfect time to low-ball them for Berbatov

cue outrage about 'never returning' for ex players. Berbatov, Adebayor and Defoe would be excellent

Back