• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd take Berba in a heartbeat.

Just do it. We're clearly not in the best position (or best market) for a top striker right now.

Even if he just sees us through one season. Still got a lot in him. He owes us a few goals too!

Adebayor was obviously very important for us last season, but i have to agree with what has been alluded to: if he wanted to be at spurs then he should have been here already, for weeks now. But he has no history of club loyalty so it is unreasonable to ask that of him at this stage in his career. So he won't accept a 50% wage cut - I wouldn't either.

Anyway, it is THFC itself and not Adebayor that has put the club in its current rather sad state. If we could not seal the Adebayor deal early then surely we should have had a shortlist of other, more realistic targets? Starting the season with Defoe alone (I'm not counting Kane and neither should AVB) is unbelievably poor.

Well said, I could not agree with you more

rooney, wellbeck, hernandez, van persie, berbatov,

Now THAT is a strike force that CANNOT be kept happy.

everyone should take note about how unhappy life will bvecome and people wanting to leave. even from united

does it matter that like half his wages goes to african charities?

Hell no, I have no time for emotional bull brick like that. Besides, I know some of his earnings goes to charity but he never actually said half :)

In all honesty I do not blame Adebayor for holding out as much as I do blame Spurs for waiting for him instead of moving on to another option.

I'd take Berba in a heartbeat.

Just do it. We're clearly not in the best position (or best market) for a top striker right now.

Even if he just sees us through one season. Still got a lot in him. He owes us a few goals too!

Welcome to my world. Think we are in the minority. But I would have Berbatov back at a cut-price £5m. Wont be happening though, or irrelevant i'm afraid

Adebayor was obviously very important for us last season, but i have to agree with what has been alluded to: if he wanted to be at spurs then he should have been here already, for weeks now. But he has no history of club loyalty so it is unreasonable to ask that of him at this stage in his career. So he won't accept a 50% wage cut - I wouldn't either.

To be honest I am absolutely baffled as to how many posts there are slating "greedy Adebayor". This is the guys living, he is not obligated to take a pay cut just to move clubs. I dont blame him in the slightest for looking out for #1 and trying to get the best deal for himself he can.

Welcome to my world. Think we are in the minority. But I would have Berbatov back at a cut-price £5m. Wont be happening though, or irrelevant i'm afraid

Shame he couldn't leave with dignity and on good terms. Then everybody would be crying out to have him back.

Bring The Prodigal Son Back !

[video=youtube;R5ke-P46CnY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ke-P46CnY[/video]
[video=youtube;IwzbmYagXsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwzbmYagXsY&feature=related[/video]

To be honest I am absolutely baffled as to how many posts there are slating "greedy Adebayor". This is the guys living, he is not obligated to take a pay cut just to move clubs. I dont blame him in the slightest for looking out for #1 and trying to get the best deal for himself he can.

I've read that Adebayor wants Emirates Marketing Project style wages for the entire length of his Spurs contract not just the first two years. Isn't that the issue?

I've read that Adebayor wants Emirates Marketing Project style wages for the entire length of his Spurs contract not just the first two years. Isn't that the issue?

Apparently thats what might be holding up the deal. Even so, I see no issue on his part there - if he thinks he can get that deal (or a better deal) then he is well within his rights to try for it

I've read that he wants the entire transfer fee to go to himself, and without that he's stalling.

We've all read lots of different reasons.

Add to that his stated reason for not taking a pay cut. He said he can only earn good money for a few years and he has projects in Africa he wants to pursue. It could be self-serving nonsense, but I'm inclined to believe him for the most part. Personally he is set for life, but he still could do something valuable with the money and seems to want to. Time will tell, but I won't criticise him now.

Bring The Prodigal Son Back !

[video=youtube;R5ke-P46CnY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ke-P46CnY[/video]
[video=youtube;IwzbmYagXsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwzbmYagXsY&feature=related[/video]

What a beautiful man he used to be. Used to have so much love for that man.

Back