• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be delighted if we could bring in Moutinho/Dembele & Adebayor before Saturdays game, with Modric going out. I also dont believe the transfer fee, Levy is a man of his word, and £23m is a bit of a joke considering we signed him for £16m.

Yeah and haven't we gotta give Zagreb 2 m of that ....?

All this panic calls for a new thread

SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS

Sponsored by

drama-queen-t-shirt.jpg

If Man Utd get van Persie, what about trying for Javier Hernandez? With Rooney and Welbeck also there you wouldn't think he will get many games..

I wonder if Modric realises that he is free to chip in?

He hasn't put in a written transfer request, so he'll get his loyalty payment
World is mad

Zagreb's cut will be lowered though, doubt it will be as much as 2m
Sell on clause is usually percentage of whats above the previous transfer fee

If Modric was sold for $23mill then the only explanation can be that someone is coming back. The lower the fee the lower the sell on too - wouldn't put that past Levy too.

I really can't see it being that low a fee. Last season we squeezed Stoke for Twenty Million for Palacios and Crouch. Only way it's that's low is if he is becoming such a disruptive influence on the team the management have said just get rid of him.

Would it not be in the best interests of the club to publicise a lower transfer fee if we are still pursuing other targets otherwise selling clubs will think we are flush and try to stiff more money. Not bothered really about Modric leaving, although his role is important, never thought he was the best thing since sliced bread never scored enough or tackled enough his set pieces were diabolical especially his corners which rarely seemed to clear the first man. I keep thinking it is like the "emperor's new clothes" but far more tactically astute people than me inc Jose and alot of the posters on here seem to think he is mustard. Was much more gutted about Berbatov going when he did. Always felt he was more influential to our game at that time than modric is now. Still only my opinion. BTW the bile towards Levy is appalling. He has the best interest of this club at heart perhaps those who are moaning forget the halcyon days of irving scholar and Lord Sugar.

It's obvious what's happened here sky sports flimflam has obviously found out about the bs marca story and tried to claim it as their own... Epic fail!!!

Sorry, posted this in the wrong place originally, but I really don't understand all the hysteria.

According to Marca (Madrid's paper, so they wouldn't be blowing up the transfer fee), it's 32 million euros (about L25 million) with 6 million if they win titles, CLs, etc, which brings the deal to about L30 million. Thus we've almost doubled his original transfer fee, while getting to enjoy a world class player running around in our shirt for four years. Doesn't seem like a joke to me.

Now just get in a replacement and a striker, and we will be a better team than last season, you'll see. Still got more money for Mordric than the Scum got for Cesc, who is a vastly superior/younger player, IMV.

Happy this finally happened, happy for the magnificent player who always gave his all in a Spurs shirt, and happy that we don't have to watch him play for a brick team. Honestly, even if the Chelsea bid was real, I'd rather eat the 10 million pounds to save myself the anger of watching him play for the Blue Scum.

Sorry, posted this in the wrong place originally, but I really don't understand all the hysteria.

According to Marca (Madrid's paper, so they wouldn't be blowing up the transfer fee), it's 32 million euros (about L25 million) with 6 million if they win titles, CLs, etc, which brings the deal to about L30 million. Thus we've almost doubled his original transfer fee, while getting to enjoy a world class player running around in our shirt for four years. Doesn't seem like a joke to me.

Now just get in a replacement and a striker, and we will be a better team than last season, you'll see. Still got more money for Mordric than the Scum got for Cesc, who is a vastly superior/younger player, IMV.

Happy this finally happened, happy for the magnificent player who always gave his all in a Spurs shirt, and happy that we don't have to watch him play for a brick team. Honestly, even if the Chelsea bid was real, I'd rather eat the 10 million pounds to save myself the anger of watching him play for the Blue Scum.

Levy turned down a £40m offer last summer. Ultimately it looks like AVB wants him gone now, the same way way Ramos wanted Berbatov gone. Meanwhile we have a midfield of Jenas and Livermore.

Back