• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've off loaded one of (if not the) best player in our first 11. If we don't get an ample replacement its going to be a big step backwards. Not exactly confident we'll manage to replace him either based on passed windows when we've lost key players. Cool it knee jerk or whatever you want, but our record for replacing players is terrible.
Have we? Dont see anything about it here

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/index.page

or here even

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193040523950/ArchivodeNoticias/News.htm

Rubbish marky, WERE ALL GONNA' DIE!

timthumb.php

Can't really blame people for getting a bit frustrated. We get on the cusp of really making a stand in the top four and instead sell our main playmaker and have a strike force of Defoe and Kane four days before the season kicks off.

Tbh, the only source i trust outside of Tottenham is BBC, SSN talk complete and utter brick and are rehashing a story they heard from MARCA.tv. Tbh SSN only ever get things correct because they hear it through BBC's sources!!

Until its on BBC, i wont believe it. Certainly not for the peanuts being reported :ross:

What makes me certain is Levys MO. Levy rejected £40m from Chelsea last year. We have been open and public all this summer that Modric stays unless the deal is right for us.

We have a precedent set for standing our ground.

£23m is most certainly not "in our best interest".

Sky/SSN is and always has been full of crap.

I am therefore very confident its rubbish, frankly I would be amazed if Levy sold at that price.

Why are you so confident it is true? British TV joke "news" channel reads Spanish rag?

I love your confidence in the man along with all the assumptions but i think you like all of us would go to bed very disappointed tomorrow night.

I love your confidence in the man along with all the assumptions but i think you like all of us would go to bed very disappointed tomorrow night.

So no, then, you dont have an answer at all?

Its not confidence, its knowing what Levy has been like the last 10 years,

Yes, it is assumptions, but based upon fair experience of the club and how it behaves and the statements it has made.

How you can take common sense and experience of the club and ignore it completely in favour of a SKY SPORTS NEWS exclusive is beyond me, and frankly hilarious

Like someone explained on here the other day 90% of transfer fees reported in the media are always well off the mark to the actual fee. Also Skysports source is spabish media which is no different to the sun over here.

So no, then, you dont have an answer at all?

Its not confidence, its knowing what Levy has been like the last 10 years,

Yes, it is assumptions, but based upon fair experience of the club and how it behaves and the statements it has made.

How you can take common sense and experience of the club and ignore it completely in favour of a SKY SPORTS NEWS exclusive is beyond me, and frankly hilarious

What answer exactly are you looking for? Again - my offer stands, we can take a bet On it if you wish.

Well thats a different point entirely. Be careful if you want to discuss it, some mod will move it elsewhere...

I am very confident that Moutinho could replace Modric, Im 50/50 as to whether or not we could (would) get him

What answer exactly are you looking for? Again - my offer stands, we can take a bet On it if you wish.

In all honesty it's a silly bet to make.

The odds on you ever finding out 100% accurately what the intimate details are within the transfer are pretty much non-existant.

Who: Phantom of the Lane
Where: COYS
When: 15/08/12
POTL said:
Ah another SSN exclusive. Glad they have the fee bang on as well

POTL

Back