• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We simply won't be going forwards as a club with levy at the helm 2008 was a disaster but this summers and past few windows has proved to me that he's got no ambition what so ever

i thought Jim White was going to orgasm when he said "Breaking news on the Modric transfer sagaaaaaaa"....and then the news, and its like, meh, so what, we heard that brick this morning

I can only assume if this does go through that it is actually a bigger offer than that, but we are allowing the media to report it as so low because we don't want other teams thinking we are now minted when it comes to transfer negotiations.

Other than that, it makes absolutely no sense. Why would we have let it drag on for so long and played hardball only to drop our price by almost half at the last minute?

or like someone else recently said, maybe its a ploy devised by Levy and Real to announce a low figure of 24 mill in order for Spurs to get Moutinho cheaper. Doubt it because the Porto chairman aint so stupid as to fall for it, but its a possibility.

We've off loaded one of (if not the) best player in our first 11. If we don't get an ample replacement its going to be a big step backwards. Not exactly confident we'll manage to replace him either based on passed windows when we've lost key players. Cool it knee jerk or whatever you want, but our record for replacing players is terrible.

Rubbish marky, WERE ALL GONNA' DIE!

timthumb.php

We've held out so long to get £24m?

Surely we can wait another week or two and get it under £20m. The press seem to be underestimating Levy's negotiating ability.

Unless Levy has some major aces up his sleeve until 1st September, we are in big trouble.

Im not enrirely sure many understand the gravity of these events. Cuckolded by the little rat and his cronies till the very end, only to sell him for nearly a Downing with NO replacement and NO strikers. At least we got top dollar for Berba and Keane. This is fudging despicable. Jokers.

I enrirely agree. Cant be trrruuu, shirley .......

What makes you so certain? Wanna bet?

What makes me certain is Levys MO. Levy rejected £40m from Chelsea last year. We have been open and public all this summer that Modric stays unless the deal is right for us.

We have a precedent set for standing our ground.

£23m is most certainly not "in our best interest".

Sky/SSN is and always has been full of crap.

I am therefore very confident its rubbish, frankly I would be amazed if Levy sold at that price.

Why are you so confident it is true? British TV joke "news" channel reads Spanish rag?

Back