• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this has something to do with the legal aspect of it

wife´s a lawyer, loads of stuff with signatures has to be faxed in some countries in Europe, never wondered why or even if it´s the law...

More often signed and scanned nowadays with the originals given to a courier to deliver

Not Short memory from me Tyne, just a football brain that says playing a centre half who isnt going to keep up with Ageuro/Suarez/Welbeck/Torres etc 50 yards from goal is suicide.

Now if our tactic was to sit deep, bring other teams on and hit them on the counter, then Dawson is the man because bar is pace, he is a fantastic defender, as you seen when we was pinned back in Madrid, he stood up and was probably our best player!

People say tactics dont count, under AVB they will.......

I think that Dawson can still be a great asset to the team. I'm sure he's well respected and is a real leader.. but every manager has a certain type of player that suits his formation/tactics. Dawson is a very limited defender at best.. extremely good in the air and puts his body on the line but the fact is he's slow and poor on the ball. If we can get $10m or more for him then why not? Although i would prefer if Gallas was the one who was sold..

on a more serious note, do we really submit player registrations via fax when email and webforms are readily available?

I believe this was true until very recently. I think a new web system has been introduced recently (last year, year before?) by UEFA or FIFA, although it might have only been international registrations.

Not Short memory from me Tyne, just a football brain that says playing a centre half who isnt going to keep up with Ageuro/Suarez/Welbeck/Torres etc 50 yards from goal is suicide.

Now if our tactic was to sit deep, bring other teams on and hit them on the counter, then Dawson is the man because bar is pace, he is a fantastic defender, as you seen when we was pinned back in Madrid, he stood up and was probably our best player!

People say tactics dont count, under AVB they will.......

Fair enough you have a football argument but I'm reading a lot of gonads such as Dawson is our 5th choice centre-half!! Lack of respect imo.

Anyway I hear what you're saying but frankly, having watched some pre-season games even the centre-halves with pace have looked shaky at best with this new high line. I have a feeling we'll dispense with it by October (and if we don't I think it will be AVB's undoing at the club).

We aren't going to spend large periods of the game camped in City/Chelsea/Utd's halves so Dawson wouldn't be 50 yards from his own goal for long periods against the strikers you mention. Its more likely against lower teams and he's already done that in the past couple of years. When the top teams break against us we'd have enough pace in the full back area and with the other centre-half to cover one guy who is a bit slower. Incidentally I don't think Verthongen is all that quick but of course he's just signed so is the best thing since sliced bread ;)

SKY SOURCES: Luka Modric to fly to Spain tomorrow to finalise a transfer to Real Madrid. £23.5m apparently with a further 3.5m in add ons.

Back