• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed ! And the liverpoo link is flimflame ! Would never happen...Dawson will be our club captain this year and deservedly so !

Completely agree on the hating of the Dawson hate, he's been, for the most part, quality for us. I'm also not sure whether the preference for Caulker is warranted either, Dawson hit the ground running with us and was getting rave reviews in the Championship with Forest before then, so I'm not sure that Caulker has surpassed him at the same age? That's in no way meant as a slight on Caulker by the way.

Having said all that, when an itk mentioned there'd be an unpopular outgoing from the 1st team squad, Dawson was the 1st player to come to mind (closely followed by Hudd). It's that high line again, it almost did for Terry and I think it may well be the same for Dawson, some players are just not cut out for that style.

As a Dawson fan, I'm quite torn in wanting him to stay, as I like him and think he's a very good player, but also I do fear he may be unsuited to an AVB team and wouldn't want him playing badly and getting abuse for it.

Last edited:
I honestly see Dawson as 5th choice. Kaboul, Vertonghen, Gallas should play most games and Caulker be given experience when convenient. Can't see Dawson playing unless there's an injury crisis.

Dawson>Agger

We should ask what City pay for Agger.

***sniggers***

Agger signed for Liverpool 6 years ago.

Wiki says only

120 appearances

Avg 20 games a season.

A few weeks ago, AVB talking about the captaincy:

'There are people who represent Tottenham's past tradition and high values and that person without a doubt is Dawson.
"But it's almost more up to the group to decide than the manager. It's a difficult and sensible decision to make and I'll be consulting Ledley and Michael on it.
"There's different types of characters in the dressing room. But it will affect everybody in the dressing room who have empathy with the man going to lead them on the pitch."

Doesn't sound like he's leaving

I don't understand - you hate the guy and think he's a flimflamer, yet you insist on pasting his vomit on here daily, only to slag it yourself?

/mind blown

Mate.....it's no less baffling than your constant presence on the Transfer Rumour / ITK / discussion and associated crap thread when you appear to spend half your time working yourself into a furious lather about ITK and all its associated crap!

If you don't like it, avoid this thread.

That simple action will almost certainly make for a far healthier and happier Arcy!

Or posters could practice holding their tongues for once? because it doesn't really matter does it? (goes for all of you :barnet: )

Or posters could practice holding their tongues for once? because it doesn't really matter does it? (goes for all of you :barnet: )

No shouting at fellow Spurs fans about stuff that's bloody obvious or done to death already? I'm not sure the real world could handle it.

No shouting at fellow Spurs fans about stuff that's bloody obvious or done to death already? I'm not sure the real world could handle it.

Silly of me to try really, oh by the way has any more Higuain stuff come up? not that it'll happen a man can dream though [-o<

on a more serious note, do we really submit player registrations via fax when email and webforms are readily available?

this has something to do with the legal aspect of it

wife´s a lawyer, loads of stuff with signatures has to be faxed in some countries in Europe, never wondered why or even if it´s the law...

Completely agree on the hating of the Dawson hate, he's been, for the most part, quality for us. I'm also not sure whether the preference for Caulker is warranted either, Dawson hit the ground running with us and was getting rave reviews in the Championship with Forest before then, so I'm not sure that Caulker has surpassed him at the same age? That's in no way meant as a slight on Caulker by the way.

Having said all that, when an itk mentioned there'd be an unpopular outgoing from the 1st team squad, Dawson was the 1st player to come to mind (closely followed by Hudd). It's that high line again, it almost did for Terry and I think it may well be the same for Dawson, some players are just not cut out for that style.

As a Dawson fan, I'm quite torn in wanting him to stay, as I like him and think he's a very good player, but also I do fear he may be unsuited to an AVB team and wouldn't want him playing badly and getting abuse for it.

Totally agree with this. Really don't see how Caulker is ahead of Dawson given he was making basic errors for GB at the Olympics and though he did well at Swansea his inexperience was causing him to make mistakes there too.

Dawson has been there and done in the PL and he didn't look out of place in the CL either considering we kept clean sheets against Milan and he was one of very few who didn't look out of place in Madrid (one of few men who stood up that night).

Very poor show and short memories from some people on here.

Back