• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kone completed his move from Llevante to Wigan. Reported fee is €3.5m.

Wouldnt have been good enough for a starting spot with us but for that price he;s the sort of CF who we should be stringing along til 31 Aug in case we're still short of CFs then. 6 foot tall, cheap, scored goals in Spain and Holland. Limited downside for that sort of price. We could be absolutely desperate in 16 days time...

Dawson is too slow and technically limited to be a key player for us. If we can get good money for him: SELL SELL SELL!

The Dawson hate is despicable - there are far bigger 'logs' that need to go ahead of him

I dont think he's hated; just that people recognise hs is somewhat limited. I like Daws though if Liverpool offered a sky high price I wouldnt be disappointed to see him leave (though it would leave us even more work to do before 31 Aug)

the point of a testimonial is that the proceeds go to the player. Spurs wouldnt benefit from this game against Real, so i dont see how it could be included in the Modric deal

I would guess that you need to pay any club to play in a testimonial (unless a previous club wanted to chip in), with either THFC footing the bill as a thank you, or the cost coming out of the proceeds of the match (much like other associated costs, policing etc.)?

Kone completed his move from Llevante to Wigan. Reported fee is €3.5m.

Wouldnt have been good enough for a starting spot with us but for that price he;s the sort of CF who we should be stringing along til 31 Aug in case we're still short of CFs then. 6 foot tall, cheap, scored goals in Spain and Holland. Limited downside for that sort of price. We could be absolutely desperate in 16 days time...

RSC Mk II

I dont think he's hated; just that people recognise hs is somewhat limited. I like Daws though if Liverpool offered a sky high price I wouldnt be disappointed to see him leave (though it would leave us even more work to do before 31 Aug)

With Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker and Gallas here I'm not sure we'd need to do any business, not this window anyway. I'm pretty sure Daws will still be with us beyond the window though.

I'd much rather go with Caulker than Dawson, it'd probably make us worse off to be begin with but would be worth it as time goes on as it seems that Caulker has the potential to be much better.

If Agger moves on I can see Daws going for 10m or so, I think it would be a good move for both parties, Dawson is not near Agger quality wise but there wouldn't be many better CB's you could get at that kind of price and the fans would take to him very quickly.

Kaboul Vert Gallas and Caulker with Sandro and Livermore as possible back ups as they both have the skillset you need to play CB would be a good pool to choose from. Dawson will probably get games if he stays but not the amount he would want. Lovely guy and gives his all everytime, would be sad to see him leave but would understand why we'd let him go.

Daws was an integral part of our CL promotion run and is worth at least a squad place. Kaboul, Vert, Caulker, Daws and Gallas is fine and certainly not a priority area, I would be disappointed to see him go.

With Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker and Gallas here I'm not sure we'd need to do any business, not this window anyway. I'm pretty sure Daws will still be with us beyond the window though.

Gallas was getting more injury prone than usual last year, there's always the risk of Vert not adapting, Caulker is now going be stepping up from the level he was playing at last year.....I think we'd be risking it a bit, particularly as we dont have for example full backs or CMs who can naturally fill in there (and please dont say Thudd or Walker!) or even a youth CF who can step in

I think Gallas will go before 31 Aug anyway

how can Dawson play for a Rodgers team and not for an AVB team? Just because of this w*nk high line? If passing and control of the ball are the issue, then i dont get the link to Liverpool at all

Dawson hardly fits into the Brendan Rodgers ethos of football does he? I don't know many CBs who love a long ball more than Dawson.....

In Rodger's style there will always be a midfielder close by to receive the ball. Dawson's hoofing will be an issue though.

its so quiet, you know what im starting to miss some of this

arrycourt.gif

Okay, I get that the Trotter van is iconic and all that....but a fudging Land Rover from Emmerdale!? :-k

Some of these nostalgia fairs are really having to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

In Rodger's style there will always be a midfielder close by to receive the ball. Dawson's hoofing will be an issue though.

An ideal replacement for Carragher. Dawson to Carroll is the perfect fit.

I think that we often overstate a players tendency to hoof it. I doubt it is the first instinct of any PL player at a good team, but a response to lack of alternative options. If there is a midfielder open and close, he will get the ball, but if there are no easy options the long ball will be tempting, the presence of a big striker making it even more tempting. I think the latter was a problem with us and Crouch as he was relatively poor in the air (he won headers because he was tall but was very limited in what he could do with them) and a better on the ground player than many people credited him.

Back