• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me too, would much rather see the likes of Livermore, Jenas, Carroll etc bomb forward and scare the hell out of defences.

Not denying that's he's better than what we have (Lennon included if we're talking about goalscoring) but Hulk's left toe would cost more than our record signing! That's coming at a point when we don't have a single striker to lead the line or a realistic replacement for Modric. I'm sure there are better wing forwards out there who wouldn't cost us the money we need for several other positions.

If we were Chelsea or City, I'd be happy to buy/hoard him and a bunch of other potential upgrades for fun. Unfortunately, we have to play our cards more strategically - we only have one chance to get it right.

Year we go, Luka

HARRY REDKNAPP has revealed Spurs promised Luka Modric he could join Real Madrid a YEAR AGO.

Ex-boss Redknapp fought to keep the Croatian last summer. But Redknapp says Modric, 26, signed a new deal only after being told by chairman Daniel Levy he would not stand in his way if Madrid came in.

But Spurs have rejected Real’s £30million offer and will not let him go for less than £40m.

Redknapp, axed by Spurs in June, said: “I would not be sure Luka would start the season at Tottenham. The club would be happy to sell if they get the right money.

“The chairman said to him last year ‘Give us one more season and if Real come in I won’t stand in your way.’”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...he-could-quit-for-Real-Madrid-a-year-ago.html

Year we go, Luka

HARRY REDKNAPP has revealed Spurs promised Luka Modric he could join Real Madrid a YEAR AGO.

Ex-boss Redknapp fought to keep the Croatian last summer. But Redknapp says Modric, 26, signed a new deal only after being told by chairman Daniel Levy he would not stand in his way if Madrid came in.

But Spurs have rejected Real’s £30million offer and will not let him go for less than £40m.

Redknapp, axed by Spurs in June, said: “I would not be sure Luka would start the season at Tottenham. The club would be happy to sell if they get the right money.

“The chairman said to him last year ‘Give us one more season and if Real come in I won’t stand in your way.’”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...he-could-quit-for-Real-Madrid-a-year-ago.html

Which is perfectly fine. He's not standing in the way.

Real not offering what he is worth is.

Not denying that's he's better than what we have (Lennon included if we're talking about goalscoring) but Hulk's left toe would cost more than our record signing! That's coming at a point when we don't have a single striker to lead the line or a realistic replacement for Modric. I'm sure there are better wing forwards out there who wouldn't cost us the money we need for several other positions.

If we were Chelsea or City, I'd be happy to buy/hoard him and a bunch of other potential upgrades for fun. Unfortunately, we have to play our cards more strategically - we only have one chance to get it right.

Of course Hulk wouldn't be cheap, but if you read peoples posts, I think sometimes they forget who they support. There's ridiculous posts about Kaka not being good enough, Llorente not worth it, now that one about Hulk, and there are tonnes more. Going back to his price for a moment, if Levy can find a way, and it is indeed who we are after, he would be signed but Levy would never in a million years put the club in financial danger with a signing.

Year we go, Luka

I wondered where rent-a-gob was hiding.

Of course Hulk wouldn't be cheap, but if you read peoples posts, I think sometimes they forget who they support. There's ridiculous posts about Kaka not being good enough, Llorente not worth it, now that one about Hulk, and there are tonnes more. Going back to his price for a moment, if Levy can find a way, and it is indeed who we are after, he would be signed but Levy would never in a million years put the club in financial danger with a signing.

If the deal is doable, Levy can go ahead by all means. I just think that there other deals that are equally doable that could offer us better players for less money. Hulk's still a good player, but he's been overhyped imo by Porto's ridiculous demands; or maybe he's a player that just rubs all the points I dislike in a footballer.

In Kaka's case, his current age, wages, and injuries all make him less attractive - imo there are genuinely better, fitter younger players out there that we could sign. After all, plenty of footballers with Kaka's prestige retire at clubs that are less glamorous and storied than us. Like Shanghai Shenhua and various unpronounceable Middle Eastern clubs.

scum sign cazorla, podolski and giroud, on the verge of sahin too, and we have defoe as our main striker.

typical.

no top 4 next year.

Yet they desperately need defenders and continue to buy forwards.
We need forwards and have been pretty quiet of late. But i dont doubt the DL knows how much we are in need of a strike force and is working on it.

Patience. Will happen sooner or later but we still have a couple preseason friendlies to get through yet and another 4 or so weeks of the window.

From someone on FTL

In a thread about Chelsea: "I hate them so much for what they have done to us trumping us for every striker/(player) we have gone for for the past two years! And stealing our champions league place. But boy are they going to regret dumping Andre...I cannot say more but it looks like he has persuaded one of his old-boys to come in, and we will be in great shape when this goes through..."

SC seems to think he gets good info, doesn't post much but he's been on there for years. Anyway, SC have decided it's Falcao or Hulk.

flimflame

who have Chelsea signed that would have come to us??? Torres?Mata?Hazard?Ramires?Luiz? none would have come to us because we pay in buttons and have had no CL

if its the club leaking this brick then they are simply getting their excuses in early for not signing anyone, and its a pretty pathetic excuse. There are enough players out there for everyone and the club needs to target more realistic players because we are not big payers transfer fee and wages wise

Last edited by a moderator:
Year we go, Luka

shut up kn*b

Hugo the Real deal

HUGO LLORIS is off to Spurs for £12million — once Luka Modric is sold to Real Madrid.

That is the word from the Lyon keeper’s father Luc, who is also his agent.

But Spurs need the cash for Modric before they can do business.

Luc Lloris said: “I’m sure that Hugo’s move will be accelerated if Modric joins Real.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...after-Luka-Modric-leaves-for-Real-Madrid.html

i wonder how many players we are buying with the Modric money. 4? 5?

Regarding Ade

He also only wants a two-year contract at White Hart Lane, so he can try to make even more money by moving on again in 2014.

Anyone here believe this?

If true, Levy and AVB should have walked away from the deal long ago

id rather have him on a 2 year contract with a big salary than a 4 year one

yeah, just get it done Levy!!

why is everyone talking about Hulk or Falcao as one of AVB's old boys that he may have persuaded to join us

its obviously Moutinho imo, and persuading the player is only half the battle. Levy wont be able to sign Moutinho for 15 mill. Need to double it mate

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United are hoping to derail Arsenal's bid to sign Nuri Sahin, 23, from Real Madrid on loan by making an offer to buy him outright.

Full story: Metro

Santi Cazorla has met his new Arsenal team-mates after the 27-year-old midfielder passed a medical and finalised a £20m move from Malaga.

Full story: Sunday Mirror
Santi Cazorla

Santi Cazorla is poised to finalise his move to Arsenal

Manchester United have agreed a £30million deal for Brazil's Lucas Moura, 19, and are looking to press ahead with their move for Robin van Persie.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

Brendan Rodgers is preparing to enter the loan market as he seeks to strengthen his Liverpool squad.

Full story: talkSPORT

Aston Villa's new signing Ron Vlaar has urged Dutch team-mate Robin van Persie not to join Juventus as it was the Arsenal striker who persuaded him to move to England.

Emirates Marketing Project are considering making a move for 23-year-old Swansea City and Team GB winger Scott Sinclair.

Arsenal are hopeful that Robin van Persie will stay at the club after the Dutchman was impressed by efforts to improve the squad.

Full story: Daily Star Sunday

Emirates Marketing Project's Nigel de Jong, 27, is being tracked by Arsenal and Inter Milan as both clubs look to bolster their midfield.

Full story: Footy Latest
Nigel de Jong

Nigel de Jong has a year left on his current Emirates Marketing Project contract

Tottenham are losing patience with Emmanuel Adebayor and are switching their interest to Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao, 23.

Brendan Rodgers wants to bring Swansea defender Ashley Williams, 28, to Liverpool as a replacement for Emirates Marketing Project target Daniel Agger.

Juventus are said to be interested in Salomon Rondon after growing frustrated in their pursuit of Robin van Persie.

Swedish international Rasmus Elm has revealed that Liverpool were chasing his signature this summer before he moved to CSKA Moscow.

Full story: insidefutbol.com
AND FINALLY

Northern Premier League side Kendal United have signed a sponsorship deal with a fake beard-making company.

Year we go, Luka

..... but it's subject to the right deal, ie us getting the price we want, end of .. twitching mug.

i wonder how many players we are buying with the Modric money. 4? 5?

Haven't we already spent a big chunk of it?

I'd like to see us get a couple of youngsters in as well, I see no reason why Jordan Rhodes wouldn't score a shed load of goals in the Premier League. It would be great business too, if successful his value would double in a year.

I want us to bring in a big name too, but let's not put all our eggs in one basket.

Back