• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh believe me, I can get very detailed and technical if I want - but it's a football forum, so I kinda wonder to myself what the point of that would be?

Ultimately, our 'net position' isn't anything like I've detailed, as costs are fully amortised across financial years. In actuality, you'll only ever know Tottenham Hotspur's true position - debtors versa creditors - once you've got right back through the accounts and nit-picked every single transaction which has passed through our books. As an auditor in previous guise, I've been there, done that - got the midnight oil.

It's not necessary though, in order to take a view on a football forum. We're not applying strict and fast auditing principles here, merely applying some sound and reasonable assumptions - ballpark figures, and that will do for the purpose of discussion. Yeah I've seen it elsewhere that our agent fees increased - so I'm not sure what pearls of wisdom you're imparting on me there? At the end of the day, financial breakdown is all detailed within contracts - it's a principle audit requirement for full disclosure - therefore if THFC plc were not comfortable or in agreement, then you'd question why they signed it off?

an Auditor - One who arrives after the battle is lost and bayonets the wounded.

I think it is a major cop out to suggest the reason we do not have a new striker is because deals are not easy. Lets face it considering we identified Sig and Verts prior to AVB coming on board we knew several months ago that we needed to bring a striker in we should have been on then. I find it shocking that we have been unable to identify a striker good enough for us needs and within our price range over the past 6 months

Foe people like me not in the know it does appear we came to this transfer window reliant on the Adebayor deal to go threw even though he had made it clear that he did not want to take a pay cut

Which ones?

I don't want to name the deals I'm afraid, just that a lot of the deals we have been doing haven't just involved transfer fees agreed between two clubs they have involved large pay-offs, fees and expenses paid to third parties, agents, image rights companies and others. We have signed up to large wage and sign-on packages on some more experienced players recently too - most of whom are as of this and last summer no longer at the club thankfully

I think it is a major cop out to suggest the reason we do not have a new striker is because deals are not easy. Lets face it considering we identified Sig and Verts prior to AVB coming on board we knew several months ago that we needed to bring a striker in we should have been on then. I find it shocking that we have been unable to identify a striker good enough for us needs and within our price range over the past 6 months

Foe people like me not in the know it does appear we came to this transfer window reliant on the Adebayor deal to go threw even though he had made it clear that he did not want to take a pay cut

It's not a cop out at all. Ajax had agreed to let Verts go for some time as he was in final year of his contract and Hoffenheim wanted to sell Sigurdsson. Unfortunately most transfers involve a lot more haggling and are a lot messier, and to be fair even then Vertonghen was a struggle.

As for the Adebayor deal you could be right, but I would be surprised if we wasn't looking at bringing in another striker regardless of whether we got him or not. That being said, this is Spurs so who knows.....

I will say one thing and I don't know if it did or did not influence the eventual decision, but Spurs spending on agent fees increased MASSIVELY under Redknapp. I can't emphasise this enough. Spurs actually disputed several of the fees incurred too and ended up in court on more than 1 occasion. That's all I can say that is all!

rosie47, secret accounts at work again? won't be surprised if old 'arry pulled a few along the side, that surprised levy, and culminated in his sacking!

Coulibaly has scored twice so far in our friendly vs northampton, id much rather have him as our young option than Kane...looking very promising

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
We could sign from anywhere in the world (Moving like this, feeling like this) #thefutureisbright

Then when asked if there was any movement, he followed up with...
Lots ;0)

Then someone said to him "I hope its not another false dawn mate. We need something big to happen " he replied with....
I dont do false dawns any-more!

When asked about Rondon...
To those that mention Rondon to me, NO WAY is he good enough for our club! #weaimmuchmuchhigher

When asked if we would sign someone today...
Not today but in reality what does that mean? As the public find out weeks after normally?

And when said they hoped for Lewandowski...
You will be sad

And regarding whether we were interested in Stekelenberg.....
Nope

on whether incomings were dependent on Luka sale...
Not reliant on Luka money. He may end up staying at this rate!

We then got....
I may have pooh poohed a current target previously but things change....

And finally when asked if we may be after M'vila
no

Coulibaly has scored twice so far in our friendly vs northampton, id much rather have him as our young option than Kane...looking very promising

I'd rather we sent him out on loan to get some experience before considering him for the first team

Wow..

Full of useful information just as always.

I'm sort of hopeful we have already signed somebody, and they're waiting until after the olympics to announce it.

But that is overly optimistic.

Wow..

Full of useful information just as always.

I'm sort of hopeful we have already signed somebody, and they're waiting until after the olympics to announce it.

But that is overly optimistic.

Yeah, I doubt it. More likely possible targets aren't interested in talking whilst it's happening (if they are involved) but that didn't stop Oscar.

Leandro Damiao has JUST scored again at the Olympics. All tap-ins but a goal is a goal.

11.01 BST Paris Saint Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti has rejected rumours linking the affluent club with a move for Chelsea's Ashley Cole. "The transfer window is over for us," Ancelotti told Abola. "The club did a good job. "All the news from England [about Cole] are just rumours."

things are starting to wind down.
cue levy to come in to pick up the scraps :)

11.01 BST Paris Saint Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti has rejected rumours linking the affluent club with a move for Chelsea's Ashley Cole. "The transfer window is over for us," Ancelotti told Abola. "The club did a good job. "All the news from England [about Cole] are just rumours."

things are starting to wind down.
cue levy to come in to pick up the scraps :)

Bad News on the Modric front that is..

We could sign from anywhere in the world (Moving like this, feeling like this) #thefutureisbright

Then when asked if there was any movement, he followed up with...
Lots ;0)

Then someone said to him "I hope its not another false dawn mate. We need something big to happen " he replied with....
I dont do false dawns any-more!

When asked about Rondon...
To those that mention Rondon to me, NO WAY is he good enough for our club! #weaimmuchmuchhigher

When asked if we would sign someone today...
Not today but in reality what does that mean? As the public find out weeks after normally?

And when said they hoped for Lewandowski...
You will be sad

And regarding whether we were interested in Stekelenberg.....
Nope

on whether incomings were dependent on Luka sale...
Not reliant on Luka money. He may end up staying at this rate!

We then got....
I may have pooh poohed a current target previously but things change....

And finally when asked if we may be after M'vila
no

Excellent :)

Back