• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who said anything about using half? If we're say £2-3m off Lyon's valuation then all we'd need is £2-3m from the Modric deal.

That said it is a pretty blatant bit of work by an agent.

€40m is the supposed fee demanded for Modric

€20m is the supposed fee demanded for Lloris

Yes, but your assuming that we don't already have any money put aside that we are trying to use for the LLoris deal.

So as i say again, if we're already willing to pay £2-3m below lyon's valuation without selling Modric, whats to say we won't raise that offer by £2-3m if we do sell Modric?

I haven't doubted the fee's, just where the money is from.

Negotiations will be key here, but if both those valuations were reduced to the tune of around 3-4 million euros, is it really inconceivable? Surely the extra money would be available, we've sold enough players for inflated amounts this summer.

Stop being so naive.

Do you honestly think we'd use half the proceeds from selling our best midfielder to go and buy a goalkeeper? No, let's not be silly. It's a good line to spin Lyon and his gullible Dad though isn't it: 'oh we'd love to buy Hugo - we really would - but, well, €20m is a lot of money and aaaaah dunno whether we can afford that'.

His Dad seems to seriously think that this impasse would be resolved once we have some money in from selling Modric. The fool. Does he not read the speculation, linking us with €40m Moutinho? So, what would we use to buy Lloris with; magic beans perhaps? :-k

His Dad is also his agent. He's obviously trying to chivvy the deal along - which I don't blame him for doing, but his inference that the Modric deal is an influencing factor is just flimflam. Not surprised if we're apparently going cold on Lloris, if his agent comes out with such macaronic statements as that.

I'm not being naive at all, fact is you're second guessing and have no idea what money is available at all and whether we do actually do need to sell Modric to get this and indeed other deals in motion. Lloris' agent, whilst could well be coming out with typical soundbites knows more about the transfer situation than you.....

I'm not being naive at all, fact is you're second guessing and have no idea what money is available at all and whether we do actually do need to sell Modric to get this and indeed other deals in motion. Lloris' agent, whilst could well be coming out with typical soundbites knows more about the transfer situation than you.....

Well we're all second-guessing - I think that's rather obvious.

Lloris' agent would only know what Tottenham's advisors have told him; I don't understand why you'd think his agent would have some detailed knowledge of our financial position? We've obviously told him, that the deal can't proceed until Modric moves on - a cash-flow issue - but that doesn't mean it's true; more a tactic for him to take that information back to Lyon, and let them take a view as to whether it'd be more pragmatic for them to lower their asking fee, rather than wait until - quite possibly - the 31st August.

We'll probably spend the Luka money on Lloris, Dembele and Ade. That'll be us done for the summer, £0 net spend.

The whole money excuse is getting harder and harder to believe.

Through 11/12, we expended all of £7.5m on incomings; while recouping some £38m - a net movement of around +£30m.

Thus far this summer, we expended around £20m on incomings; recouping around £17.5m - a net movement of around -£2.5m.

So, over the course of those two periods, our position on trading is +£27.5m.

Now, there's also been significant revenue increases as new TV contracts on-board, so this - notwithstanding wage inflation offset against attrition - could be considered disposable income too.

So it's somewhat inconceivable to believe that money isn't already there, to significantly strengthen the first team. However, that's making the assumption that - as Daniel Levy promised us all - funds would not be redirected to further the NDP, to the detriment of the first team.

So after finishing 5,4,5,4 over the last 4 seasons how come it "appears" that we do not have a lot of money in the kitty? It is not like we have been splashing the cash over the last few years

I do understand your frustration.

But, the new manager comes in. Say he has his targets for strikers (which he must do). His targets we are in for but for whatever reason dealing with these clubs takes longer than a couple of weeks which is often the case, deals are never usually that simple! It's surely better we ensure we get the players we want before the end of the window rather than just get someone in for the sake of having a couple of weeks extra training.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away is tough but bar that we haven't got the hardest of opening fixtures, it's not like you can say without getting in another striker or two we're going to lose our opening three games!!

I would like us to start a season settled - all the players, accustomed to tactics and to one another. A team geared towards finishing fourth or higher.

We had Vert and Sig as targets before AVB came in - we still got them. We must have the targets for strikers lined up.

Deal arent that simple I agree and will always cut the likes of Levy et al some slack but this is the difference between a successful season and a mediocre one.

Bringing in Ade is fine but it would still leave me with a sense of frustration simply because that area needed an overhaul and Ade would have just been a convenient purchase the same as last summer where it was also convenient. I like Ade and am happy for him to come in but he needs competition - that area just needed an overhaul personally.

We'll probably spend the Luka money on Lloris, Dembele and Ade. That'll be us done for the summer, £0 net spend.

But I thought the deal for Adebayor is done????????

Besides if we sign just Adebayor what happens if he gets injured, suspended or goes to the ANC? We are left with just Defoe who has proved only to be effective with a "big man".

Kane is not remotely read so in essence we would be fukked

Well we're all second-guessing - I think that's rather obvious.

Lloris' agent would only know what Tottenham's advisors have told him; I don't understand why you'd think his agent would have some detailed knowledge of our financial position? We've obviously told him, that the deal can't proceed until Modric moves on - a cash-flow issue - but that doesn't mean it's true; more a tactic for him to take that information back to Lyon, and let them take a view as to whether it'd be more pragmatic for them to lower their asking fee, rather than wait until - quite possibly - the 31st August.

Exactly, and this is why I responded in the first place. My sole point is that you can't really call Lloris' dad an idiot when a) He knows more info than we do b) You/me/everyone here has no idea what our transfer situation actually is.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything else you've said.....

Back