• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They have lost the meaning of gossip.

Rodgers writing a letter is fact. Him wanting Suarez to lose the chip on his shoulder is fact.

Footylatest and Insidefutbol shouldn't be anywhere near the BBC's page. And they write 'set to launch' to cover themselves, De Rossi won't leave Roma. There are many reasons, personal and professional.

Turkish media reporting that Fenerbahce are already willing to let Moussa Sow leave and are looking to replace him with Gomis of Lyon for 14m Euros (apparently there is an economic crisis at Lyon).

Anyone think much of Sow?

They only signed him in January :|, 7 goals in 12 league games at Fener. No idea why they'd want to sell him.

Lyon do need the money though.

I know its only gossip but according out to that wer are
Losing out to United for Lewnadowski
Losing out to Arsenal for Sahin
Losing out to Rubin Kazan for Rondon

I could live with the last one, first two would be disappointing. Didnt think Fergie had £50m to spend though, so cant see them signing Mourra and Lewandowski.

City and United cooling on RVP. Lets put in a cheeky bid :-k

What a fudging idiot.

Levy is low-balling Lyon, not because we can't afford it, but because that's what he does. We could buy Lloris tomorrow if we wanted, but Levy likes to yank a few chains.

His Dad is a plank if he thinks we'd ejaculate Modric money...on a goalkeeper.

How do you know we could buy Lloris tomorrow if we wanted? I think Lloris' dad knows more about the situation than you do, despite what you might like to think....

2 weeks to our first Barclays Premier League 2012/13 game

And still no fudging striker.

I really do not give a brick what anyone says anymore regarding end of the window blah blah fudging blah. We had a gap in the squad since last summer and two weeks to go we have still not filled it.

Grrrrrr.

I really do not give a brick what anyone says anymore regarding end of the window blah blah fudging blah. We had a gap in the squad since last summer and two weeks to go we have still not filled it.

Grrrrrr.

I do understand your frustration.

But, the new manager comes in. Say he has his targets for strikers (which he must do). His targets we are in for but for whatever reason dealing with these clubs takes longer than a couple of weeks which is often the case, deals are never usually that simple! It's surely better we ensure we get the players we want before the end of the window rather than just get someone in for the sake of having a couple of weeks extra training.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away is tough but bar that we haven't got the hardest of opening fixtures, it's not like you can say without getting in another striker or two we're going to lose our opening three games!!

Grrrrrr.

Im preparing a special thread on Levy for September 1st

Grrrrrr.

Don't worry mate, according to the twunt ITKs Adebayor is a done deal

Im preparing a special thread on Levy for September 1st

Make sure you mention the alleged 35 million plus bids we allegedly made on the last day of the transfer window in Jan 2011 but have failed to buy a fudging striker last summer, Jan 2012 and during this fukking window

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away is tough but bar that we haven't got the hardest of opening fixtures, it's not like you can say without getting in another striker or two we're going to lose our opening three games!!

Firstly it would not surprise me if we did lose them, but just as importantly I could very easily see us struggle to score

How do you know we could buy Lloris tomorrow if we wanted? I think Lloris' dad knows more about the situation than you do, despite what you might like to think....

Stop being so naive.

Do you honestly think we'd use half the proceeds from selling our best midfielder to go and buy a goalkeeper? No, let's not be silly. It's a good line to spin Lyon and his gullible Dad though isn't it: 'oh we'd love to buy Hugo - we really would - but, well, €20m is a lot of money and aaaaah dunno whether we can afford that'.

His Dad seems to seriously think that this impasse would be resolved once we have some money in from selling Modric. The fool. Does he not read the speculation, linking us with €40m Moutinho? So, what would we use to buy Lloris with; magic beans perhaps? :-k

His Dad is also his agent. He's obviously trying to chivvy the deal along - which I don't blame him for doing, but his inference that the Modric deal is an influencing factor is just flimflam. Not surprised if we're apparently going cold on Lloris, if his agent comes out with such macaronic statements as that.

I just took a pen out and scribbled my signature on yesterday's newspaper. Took me about 1.5 seconds, including finding the pen and putting a heart over an "i" where the dot should be.

Or whether it'll be the right one.

Robert-Lewandowski.jpg

Ideal

article-2175651-140D417A000005DC-303_468x365.jpg

Realistic

victor_moses2.jpg

Acceptable

mido.jpg

Likely.

Stop being so naive.

Do you honestly think we'd use half the proceeds from selling our best midfielder to go and buy a goalkeeper? No, let's not be silly. It's a good line to spin Lyon and his gullible Dad though isn't it: 'oh we'd love to buy Hugo - we really would - but, well, €20m is a lot of money and aaaaah dunno whether we can afford that'.

His Dad seems to seriously think that this impasse would be resolved once we have some money in from selling Modric. The fool. Does he not read the speculation, linking us with €40m Moutinho? So, what would we use to buy Lloris with; magic beans perhaps? :-k

His Dad is also his agent. He's obviously trying to chivvy the deal along - which I don't blame him for doing, but his inference that the Modric deal is an influencing factor is just flimflam. Not surprised if we're apparently going cold on Lloris, if his agent comes out with such macaronic statements as that.

Who said anything about using half? If we're say £2-3m off Lyon's valuation then all we'd need is £2-3m from the Modric deal.

That said it is a pretty blatant bit of work by an agent.

Back