• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cool, cheers.

Not convinced on Townsend at all so I wont be getting excited about Sterling. Worryingly £7m suggests this isnt a "youth for the future" but "first team squad" buy

Agree with that. There's always a massive tendency from Spurs fans to go over the top about some up and coming kid - probably the same as other fans about their owns team - however until a kid has actually done something over a third/half a season or so then I find it difficult to get carried away.

Look at Caulker - he was player of the year at Yoevil so at least showed that he had something at that level when just 18. Townsend has only done 'ok' when out on loan so far but nothing more than that - he has potential but if we needs the like of him and Kane in the PL this year then we wont be getting top 4

Translation from Rondon's Spanish wikipedia page:

Specifications

Jose Salomon Rondon is a big player with great physical superiority over the defenses. Right-handed, has a remarkable height of 1.86 and is very coordinated and skilled with the ball at his feet, and be quick in the race. Skills specific to a future striker , striker that tall, strong and great technique.
His great physical strength is its main feature, with a great power in both the jumping and running. In much of physical duels often victorious, managing to keep possession under pressure combining the explosiveness and speed from the beginning to the end of the meeting. As for his mastery of aerial, height and physical superiority Rondon make a difficult player to stop at the top.
Since arriving in Spain has been compared to Spanish Fernando Llorente and French - Tunisian Lassad , having an air similar to the Dutchman Patrick Kluivert .
The impact zone starts Rondon from the area of ​​three quarters of court. The attack is often placed as a battering ram of reference, although sometimes, he has been making false channel midfielder attacking play.
In terms of team play, Rondon is not your typical finisher, not having the ball is generating spaces for arrivals of the interiors.
It has sometimes been accused Venezuela of failing clearer chances and score the difficult, something that was said of Julio Salinas in his time as a player. Rondon is a striker with good effectiveness, although it is very prone to having bouts. In his first season in Malaga there has been more regular than the Las Palmas .

Sounds exactly like Ade to me.

So what do we reckon then, if we go for him will that mean the end of the Ade deal as they're too similar? Or will AVB's formation require two like-for-likes that can be rotated?

I forgot to say: That's regardless of being pro or anti.

I actually deleted my response as right now, I cannot be sure what anyone will read into anything! The transfer window this summer seems to be breeding a sense of insanity and impatience far far greater than any I remember...I'll be happy when it's done!

I forgot to say: That's regardless of being pro or anti.

GHod bless this man. its sad coming from one direction apparently,......not sure why people cant NOT respond to people patting harry on the back? its not sad on their end. they have a word for that......a group of people that are allowed to do something but another group arent allowed to cause of an opinion...cant quite put my finger on it.aahh, never mind

Last edited:
GHod bless this man. its sad coming from one direction apparently,......not sure why people cant NOT respond to people patting harry on the back? its not sad on their end. they have a word for that......a group of people that are allowed to do something but another group arent allowed to cause of an opinion...cant quite put my finger on it.aahh, never mind

Personally, I think you can respond to what you like. Why would you think otherwise? It would surely be up to you?

AVB has pulled the trigger twice already and got Bale signed up as well.

He the said WE WOULD STEP OUT OF THE MARKET until he has had time to assess his squad, at which point we will make moves again.

Could it be as simple as, you know, we are diong exactly what he said?

Unlike Redknapp (as in established manager of the club) he has a lot to do this window just to understand who/what he has. Seems a sensible option to make that assessment before pushing into the market

AVB got Bale signed up?

AVB cant pull the trigger. or he's waiting for the deadline to get something BIIIIIIG...in the 6 to 12 million pound bracket. (semi joking)

On a serious tip its the same every year so nothing has really changed cause our chairman hasnt actually changed. Teams are probably trying to get as much money as they can out of us but we are holding out.

on the other side, teams are meeting our valuations

how many players have we actually sold and have we sold anyone that we desperately need? i,e that would hinder us in key positions?

It could be that AVB is looking to pad out the squad with some of the youth fringe players. a good back room harmony and transition can be brought about with moves like that

we could be seeing alot of townsend, kane, parret, bostock, rose, coulibaly (a harry signing. hope he does the job when called)....these guys could be in the rotation a great deal

Indeed, this might well be the case, except I think instead of Bostock and Parret you can put Caroll (an excellent talent) and Townshend... I think AVB's major concern is a squad all moving in the right direction and one which has no disruptive characters. Agreed re: Coulibaly...I remember being very excited about him when we signed him, and going we'd see him at least in a cup competition on the bench...

Personally, I think you can respond to what you like. Why would you think otherwise? It would surely be up to you?

I get what he means tbh and it does get really annoying at times. Like for instance, a poster baits you, mod says nothing, you reply back, mod tells both of you to stop. If the Mod reacts to the first incident it wouldn't have got to that stage.

I get what he means tbh and it does get really annoying at times. Like for instance, a poster baits you, mod says nothing, you reply back, mod tells both of you to stop. If the Mod reacts to the first incident it wouldn't have got to that stage.

Mods react to the first incident they'll be accused of over-moderating the forum..

Pretty much lose-lose scenario for them..

I'd advise ignoring the baits - works a treat and saves you a massive headache in the long run

Is it really that hard to just leave something unanswered? I constantly ignore stupidity. If you keep replying to something that's already at a dead end it just never stops. Besides, it's not always that easy to tell who's baiting who unless you're following the convo from the start, but you can tell when it gets too far.

Jose Mourinho has given his blessing to Nuri Sahin's proposed loan move to Arsenal.

The Real Madrid boss admits he cannot guarantee the Turkish international regular first-team football at the Bernabeu next season.

Sahin only moved to the Spanish champions for £8million a year ago after helping Borussia Dortmund to the league title in Germany as player of the season.

However he barely featured as Madrid surged to La Liga glory, and Arsenal are ready to rescue him from his nightmare.

The Gunners are short of options in the deep-lying playmaker role with Jack Wheelchair's knee and ankle injuries continuing to prevent the England star from playing again after a year out.

'The point is, he's a young boy, he wants to play every match,' Mourinho said after Real Madrid thrashed LA Galaxy 5-1 on their pre-season tour of the USA. 'He wants to be happy to play, he wants to play to be happy.

'And in Real Madrid with Xabi Alonso, with [Sami] Khedira, with Lassana [Diarra], [Esteban] Granero, [Mesut] Ozil, the situation is not easy.

'Real Madrid is very difficult. It is not an easy club, because we demand a lot. We have great players, and when you don’t start well, it is difficult to do it.

'If he stays, hes' not a problem for me, he's one more solution. We leave [the situation] in his hands. Be happy.

'Decide what you want to decide, to be happy. If you decide to leave we are going to help you to leave. If you decide to stay, we are going to support you and try to succeed this season.'

Meanwhile, Arsenal are expected to complete the signing of Santi Cazorla from Malaga on Friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Mourinho-fine-Nuri-Sahin-joining-Arsenal.html

Judging what is baiting, what is not baiting can be very difficult at times, it will be very subjective and dependant on what you read into posts. On the other hand it is easy to feel a little gagged when one of your opponents in a discussion is a mod.

On topic:

Is there anything in the rumours of Gallas to QPR?

And slightly off-topic:

Is this the song for Gylfi?

"Siggy Siggy Siggy, can't you see, sometimes your goals just hypnotize me."

For the uninitiated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk4ftn4PArg (the chorus)

Back