• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
right, so in you mind thats redknapp being given money to sign his primary targets over a 3 to 4 years stretch, which includes a whole bunch of players bought in the "we could get relegated" period...and bunch of speculative youth / developments buys that were in the works prior to redknapp joining and 1 or possibly two buys that given to him.

please...and look at the prices of the squad players he's getting

how was redknapp not given money? there was little to no bold move made when he was here

i can see how coulibay was the guy redknapp desperately wanted to make our team go forward...had nothing to do with levy and his model, which ironically enough i remember arguing with you about quite a few years ago, its common knowledge now so much less of an issue.

You made a very definitive statement that Redknapp wasnt given money. That shows he was. Almost £100m in fact on incoming players (of course Im being dramatic, there were outgoings to balance)

People often make the "Most of that went on getting us out of relegation" speech, and fail to follow it through to what happened next. Those same players (+ Crouch and Kranjcar, more money spent) took us to 4th the following season.

The "Get us out of relegation" line seems to somehow suggest those signings didnt count, or werent for the long term. Two years later and the likes of Palacios were playing in the Champions League.

Ive made the point numerous times but I do believe Levy and Redknapp were simply never on the same page with transfers. Its old ground but lets just say we all know what Levy wants in a player, and we all know what Redknapp wants in a player. We also know Redknapp had opportunities, such as Suarez, which he passed up.

So on balance is it fair to simply make the blanket statement "Redknapp wasnt given any money"? I dont think so.

did you just count wages as being given money to get players that he wants? nice leg work ...and adebayor on loan to is being given money to get players he wants .

riiiiiiiight LOL

I would imagine Saha, Gallas, Friedel and Adebayor have cost us several million - despite being free transfers. Being free transfers their wages were inflated, which raises another point - Redknapp was allowed to inflate our wage bill over all considerably - yet more financial commitment made to him.

right, so in you mind thats redknapp being given money to sign his primary targets over a 3 to 4 years stretch, which includes a whole bunch of players bought in the "we could get relegated" period...and bunch of speculative youth / developments buys that were in the works prior to redknapp joining and 1 or possibly two buys that given to him.

please...and look at the prices of the squad players he's getting

how was redknapp not given money? there was little to no bold move made when he was here

i can see how coulibay was the guy redknapp desperately wanted to make our team go forward...had nothing to do with levy and his model, which ironically enough i remember arguing with you about quite a few years ago, its common knowledge now so much less of an issue.

Would you accept that perhaps part of the reason behind that was him? Why are we still discussing him BTW?

Milo, who are our targets beyond Ade (assuming he's unwilling to take a cut)?

I also think you're underestimating Cazorla as a player judging from the above comments.

I don't know. I'll judge our transfer window when it closes, the same as I do each time. Panicking mid-window is madness.

I'm not underestimating Cazorla, I just don't think that he is going to turn Arsenal into title challengers. If they lose RVP then, whilst they still have very good players, I think that they will be less effective.

Akqayid:
The only fax I know is in N17.... And it working on outgoings 1 to Holland, 1 to the champ and 1 to Spain. No names. Just #lockdownatthelane

In addition to this, he has confirmed that he thinks..

Holland - Gomes
Champ (montpellier) - Bassong

And you'd assume the spain one is Modric..

Would you accept that perhaps part of the reason behind that was him? Why are we still discussing him BTW?

because a couple of people dropped what i personally feel to be a near bogus claim. apparently this is allowed? cause no one questioned it
then i dropped a line addressing what was the bogus claim. so now i am NOT allowed ? now everbody loses their minds

then get this kicker, shocking as it may be ...i get quoted...so i respond. yet the issue is not with people quoting me and furthering the dialogue...its with me for responding to them and the tangent comments coming from that

what makes matters worse is that i cant put mods and admins on the ignore list to stop myself responding.

The above is all why we are discussing him

because a couple of people dropped what i personally feel to be a near bogus claim. apparently this is allowed? cause no one questioned it
then i dropped a line addressing what was the bogus claim. so now i am NOT allowed ? now everbody loses their minds

then get this kicker, shocking as it may be ...i get quoted...so i respond. yet the issue is not with people quoting me and furthering the dialogue...its with me for responding to them and the tangent comments coming from that

what makes matters worse is that i cant put mods and admins on the ignore list to stop myself responding.

Wait what? You can't put the people who are meant to be moderating the forums on ignore?

Outrageous!...

It's like they want you to read what they write in case their saying something important.. like moderating or something..

I have a novel idea, why don't we start buying some players and not focus so much on selling them??!

Are we ITK that the Premiership is turning in to a 5-a-side tournament? Our squad gets smaller and smaller!!

I have a novel idea, why don't we start buying some players and not focus so much on selling them??!

Are we ITK that the Premiership is turning in to a 5-a-side tournament? Our squad gets smaller and smaller!!

Because we need to get players off our wage budget before we can afford to bring players onto our wage budget. :p

If we're going to buy more than a couple of players we need to sell/loan some as well.

He's a hyped-up Andros Townsend.

I've watched him loads of time as LFCTV cover all their youth & reserve games. Trust me, over-rated beyond comprehension. The two players who they have which have the best potential are Jordon Ibe and Michael Ngoo; the first being a winger, and the other a striker.

Cool, cheers.

Not convinced on Townsend at all so I wont be getting excited about Sterling. Worryingly £7m suggests this isnt a "youth for the future" but "first team squad" buy

Cool, cheers.

Not convinced on Townsend at all so I wont be getting excited about Sterling. Worryingly £7m suggests this isnt a "youth for the future" but "first team squad" buy

I can't look past the possibility of this being a setup by his agent to get a new deal. It makes very little sense to spend that much on someone who isn't ready to be a regular starter and is quite unproven.

AVB cant pull the trigger. or he's waiting for the deadline to get something BIIIIIIG...in the 6 to 12 million pound bracket. (semi joking)

On a serious tip its the same every year so nothing has really changed cause our chairman hasnt actually changed. Teams are probably trying to get as much money as they can out of us but we are holding out.

on the other side, teams are meeting our valuations

how many players have we actually sold and have we sold anyone that we desperately need? i,e that would hinder us in key positions?

It could be that AVB is looking to pad out the squad with some of the youth fringe players. a good back room harmony and transition can be brought about with moves like that

we could be seeing alot of townsend, kane, parret, bostock, rose, coulibaly (a harry signing. hope he does the job when called)....these guys could be in the rotation a great deal

AVB cant pull the trigger. or he's waiting for the deadline to get something BIIIIIIG...in the 6 to 12 million pound bracket. (semi joking)

On a serious tip its the same every year so nothing has really changed cause our chairman hasnt actually changed. Teams are probably trying to get as much money as they can out of us but we are holding out.

on the other side, teams are meeting our valuations

how many players have we actually sold and have we sold anyone that we desperately need? i,e that would hinder us in key positions?

It could be that AVB is looking to pad out the squad with some of the youth fringe players. a good back room harmony and transition can be brought about with moves like that

we could be seeing alot of townsend, kane, parret, bostock, rose, coulibaly (a harry signing. hope he does the job when called)....these guys could be in the rotation a great deal

AVB has pulled the trigger twice already and got Bale signed up as well.

He the said WE WOULD STEP OUT OF THE MARKET until he has had time to assess his squad, at which point we will make moves again.

Could it be as simple as, you know, we are diong exactly what he said?

Unlike Redknapp (as in established manager of the club) he has a lot to do this window just to understand who/what he has. Seems a sensible option to make that assessment before pushing into the market

Mate,

Where did anything about "not being allowed" come up?

I don't know what's going on these days, but you are much angrier than I ever remember. Whatever it is that's troubling you, I hope it goes away and the African I know, he of the "wonky" love and detailed tactical discussions, and even strong debates, returns. I am absolutely lost as to why you are so upset about Redknapp and the opinions people have.

Back