• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People are bricking themselves about a bunch of unproven in premiership players that other teams are signing! Two Words Alfonso Alves........

Relax and wait to see what AVB does. I agree we need to get something done squad wise by 18th but if it runs to the 1st sept then so be it, prem is a marathon not a sprint!

If Adebayor signed before 18th (which I think he will) and we went to Saudi Sportswashing Machine with

BF
KW - YK - JV - BAE
TH - SR
AL GS/VDV GB
EA

I wouldnt be too worried to be honest! Modric is a big loss but Hudd is a good player and been easily forgotten

Judging what is baiting, what is not baiting can be very difficult at times, it will be very subjective and dependant on what you read into posts. On the other hand it is easy to feel a little gagged when one of your opponents in a discussion is a mod.

On topic:

Is there anything in the rumours of Gallas to QPR?

And slightly off-topic:

Is this the song for Gylfi?

"Siggy Siggy Siggy, can't you see, sometimes your goals just hypnotize me."

For the uninitiated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk4ftn4PArg (the chorus)

Not everything we post is official mod business, I'm a poster first, mod second. I would ask people to please stop dragging us through certain discussions regardless.

Is it really that hard to just leave something unanswered? I constantly ignore stupidity. If you keep replying to something that's already at a dead end it just never stops. Besides, it's not always that easy to tell who's baiting who unless you're following the convo from the start, but you can tell when it gets too far.

I get what you're saying but on this occasion it was someone else that brought Arry up (and said something untrue imo) to which he responded. Then people jump on him for talking about Arry when he was merley responding.

Frustrated French right-back Mathieu Debuchy has hit out in anger at Lyon's refusal to sell him to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Debuchy explained he had been given several conflicting reasons why he cannot leave, by different people.

The 27-year-old impressed at Euro 2012 and has been a long-time target for Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss Alan Pardew.

'I called the president and left him a message. I do not understand. One day I said I’m not leaving because I have no replacement,' Debuchy told L'Equipe.

'One day, this is because the supply is insufficient to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. One day, the coach who is blocking me.

'One day, it was President. I feel that everyone does not have the same speech.

'I’m close to Yohan [Cabaye] and I followed his season. Now I have the chance to play in the best league in the world.'

Lille have already completed a deal for Troyes defender Djibril Sidibe, a similar type of player to Debuchy.

Debuchy wants to follow in the footsteps of Cabaye, who moved to the north-east from Lyon last summer.

The midfielder excelled in his debut Premier League season, thrilling Toon fans as they finished sixth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2183077/Mathieu-Debuchy-angry-Lyon-preventing-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-move.html

Why are all players turning into such ****s?

I have no idea what that means

Allow me to articulate

Barcelona in my opinion were the only true admirer of our winger and possibly the only realistic club who 1. needed him 2. could actually afford him. Even went to the extents of deliverying a semi-coded message through the messanger Alves indicating where Bale would play and what formation would be deployed, etc. - much like they did with Fabregas although not as agressively

Then Alba came to the fray and was around 1/3 of the price, an actual Spaniard and also - quite able on the field of play. So they made the obvious choice and Bale, having realised they won't be needing his services (for now) did the obvious thing himself while Levy insured his tranfer fee for another 2-3 years at least.

You uncle's name is Bob

I get what you're saying but on this occasion it was someone else that brought Arry up (and said something untrue imo) to which he responded. Then people jump on him for talking about Arry when he was merley responding.

Thanks for this KD, really appreciate it. they are right though, my case or position on Harry i have made clear on numerous occasions. It should be an easy thing to ignore a comment i dont agree with, so in that i was pretty much out of line? now thats me trying to be diplomatic cause that aside i smell something foul on people claiming that there is something wrong with me discussing him when i'm being quoted. but either way..its all good, better move on from it as i seem to have derailed this thing enough

Mourinho about Sahin.....

"And in Real Madrid with Xabi Alonso, with [Sami] Khedira, with Lassana [Diarra], [Esteban] Granero, [Mesut] Ozil, the situation is not easy.

'Real Madrid is very difficult. It is not an easy club, because we demand a lot. We have great players, and when you don’t start well, it is difficult to do it."

Mourinho classes Diarra and Granero above Sahin??:-k......something about Sahin has seriously pi$$ed off ol' Jose

"And in Real Madrid with Xabi Alonso, with [Sami] Khedira, with Lassana [Diarra], [Esteban] Granero, [Mesut] Ozil, the situation is not easy.

'Real Madrid is very difficult. It is not an easy club, because we demand a lot. We have great players, and when you don’t start well, it is difficult to do it."

Mourinho classes Diarra and Granero above Sahin??:-k......something about Sahin has seriously pi$$ed off ol' Jose

I guess Lassana is happy with his paycheck and doesn't care that much about playing regularly.

I guess Lassana is happy with his paycheck and doesn't care that much about playing regularly.

i think Sahin needs to stay at Madrid and get his head down and prove to Mourinho why Madrid paid 10 mill for him.....fcuk a loan move to the Arse

Allow me to articulate

Barcelona in my opinion were the only true admirer of our winger and possibly the only realistic club who 1. needed him 2. could actually afford him. Even went to the extents of deliverying a semi-coded message through the messanger Alves indicating where Bale would play and what formation would be deployed, etc. - much like they did with Fabregas although not as agressively

Then Alba came to the fray and was around 1/3 of the price, an actual Spaniard and also - quite able on the field of play. So they made the obvious choice and Bale, having realised they won't be needing his services (for now) did the obvious thing himself while Levy insured his tranfer fee for another 2-3 years at least.

You uncle's name is Bob

Ok. Either way, this summer we have signed Bale, Sigurdsson and Vertonghen, as was my point.

We signed him to a new contract instead of losing him as speculation suggested we might, something that was widely celebrated on here before things went a bit quiet and everybody got their panties in a bunch

We signed him to a new contract instead of losing him as speculation suggested we might, something that was widely celebrated on here before things went a bit quiet and everybody got their panties in a bunch

i DONT THINK WE WERE GONNA SELL HIM THIS WINDOW. (Sorry for caps)

If anyone was gonna leave it was to be Modric.

I still think Bale will be sold just not sure to whome (maybe Manure) but next two summers either next or the one after.

Anyways - where the hell are our damn strikers. grrrrrrr

Who was it that tried to argue with me that Sahin was above Granero in the pecking order a while back?

We signed him up to a new contract, he signed a new deal, what ever way you want to be fussy about it he reinforced his commitment to the club at a time there were concerns he may leave.

As you pointed out previously Barca were reportedly interested.

Back