• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sure but the point is an extra outlay of a few millions last season could have bought us 1 point and CL qualifications.
there's one thing about steady growth, but the shrewdest of businessmen can still sense an opportunity and take a gamble. levy should have midway through last season.

It doesn't work like that

Rondon scored eleven goals last season, didn't he? Not a fantastic strike rate. Still....

..ah, well, it's all academical anyway. Rondon won't come. That quote the Sun printed was carefully extracted from a whole bunch of them he made regarding the Malaga situation, and he went on to say 'but I'm happy at Malaga and want to stay' or something similar. So no go.

Milo, who are our targets beyond Ade (assuming he's unwilling to take a cut)?

I also think you're underestimating Cazorla as a player judging from the above comments.

If there is any chance we could get Sturridge we should go for him. His price tag has probably increased considering his decent performances at the olympics. even if he wasnt our first choice (although he would be at the moment) he would offer a great option and can score goals. plus he has worked with AVB before and seemed to do well under him. go get him

Sterling would be a great buy. Unlikely Liverpool would let him go, but if we did get him in...well, we'd have a crazily good youth team, at the very least. Sterling, Fryers, Lascelles, Soulman, etc, etc. :D

If there is any chance we could get Sturridge we should go for him. His price tag has probably increased considering his decent performances at the olympics. even if he wasnt our first choice (although he would be at the moment) he would offer a great option and can score goals. plus he has worked with AVB before and seemed to do well under him. go get him

He'd want £100k a week and to be the central striker. Not worth it or good enough IMO.

I don't think Cazorla was ever meant to be RVP's replacement - if anything he'd assume the position of Nasri / Fabregas deployment-wise. And in terms of like-for-like replacement - I'd say they've done very well in that regard.

Podolski could go either way, granted - but again, a direct, attacking player with considerable national and international experience. Whereas Girroud looks like a vintage Wenger signing or at least one unliekely to lose money on. We don't even have half of that to work with, Milo

I have been watching the bundesliga for years, and before his stint at Bayern I watched almost every Köln game.

Podolski will never be a good player in the premiership! I am very glad we did not go after him, he is one of those player that has potentials but does never perform at the rate he should. He was brilliant when he was a young player (him and Sahin were ripping the bundesliga apart in 2004) and the germans were drooling over them. Podolski then went to Bayern, could never perform and got back to Köln where he has been quite solid (in a very very very bricky side).

He is almost exactly like Dos Santos, but older....

Where are the strikers???? This is pathetic!

We havent learnt anything from last season. Buy players early, settle them in so they are ready for the first game!

Levy should spend some money ffs!

I have been watching the bundesliga for years, and before his stint at Bayern I watched almost every Köln game.

Podolski will never be a good player in the premiership! I am very glad we did not go after him, he is one of those player that has potentials but does never perform at the rate he should. He was brilliant when he was a young player (him and Sahin were ripping the bundesliga apart in 2004) and the germans were drooling over them. Podolski then went to Bayern, could never perform and got back to Köln where he has been quite solid (in a very very very bricky side).

He is almost exactly like Dos Santos, but older....

Not the same Sahin we've been linked with? If so, how old is he if he was ripping up the Bundesliga 8 years ago?

This is cringeworthy at best - why do you honour it with air-time?

Can't believe people still moan about these people, take it for what it is - a load of bollox.
I find it mildly amusing, especially as there only seem to be two of them now. What happened to the rest?

Also, can't believe how preoccupied people are about Arsenal. If we couldn't topple them last season why would we have a chance this one?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

Coulibay £2m
Parker £6m
Sandro £6m
Van Der Vart £8m
Khumalo £1.5m
Pienaar £3m
Naughton £5m
Walker £3m
Crouch £9m
Bassong £8m
Kranjcar £2m
Kaboul £5m
Keane £12m
Defoe £15m
Palacios £12m

As well as wages for Cudicini, Chimbonda, Jimmy Walker, Gallas, Friedel, Saha, nelsen and Adebayor on loan.

How exactly wasnt Redknapp given money?

right, so in you mind thats redknapp being given money to sign his primary targets over a 3 to 4 years stretch, which includes a whole bunch of players bought in the "we could get relegated" period...and bunch of speculative youth / developments buys that were in the works prior to redknapp joining and 1 or possibly two buys that given to him.

please...and look at the prices of the squad players he's getting

how was redknapp not given money? there was little to no bold move made when he was here

i can see how coulibay was the guy redknapp desperately wanted to make our team go forward...had nothing to do with levy and his model, which ironically enough i remember arguing with you about quite a few years ago, its common knowledge now so much less of an issue.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

Coulibay £2m
Parker £6m
Sandro £6m
Van Der Vart £8m
Khumalo £1.5m
Pienaar £3m
Naughton £5m
Walker £3m
Crouch £9m
Bassong £8m
Kranjcar £2m
Kaboul £5m
Keane £12m
Defoe £15m
Palacios £12m

As well as wages for Cudicini, Chimbonda, Jimmy Walker, Gallas, Friedel, Saha, nelsen and Adebayor on loan.

How exactly wasnt Redknapp given money?

did you just count wages as being given money to get players that he wants? nice leg work ...and adebayor on loan to is being given money to get players he wants .

riiiiiiiight LOL

wow, i see the Sahin myth is growing out of all proportions ....ripping it up in the Bundesliga in 2004 :D

Probably because he wasn't given the money to sign Tevez and all those other fantasy signings.....

well actually, yes kind of...obviously tevez is out of the question but where is the big budget spending on a difference maker? a whole bunch of speculative buys, squad players , and panic dont let us get reelegated buys is enough for redknapp?

then AVB can settle for the same thing....if Harry can go on a tear through the league with defoe, crouch and keane then AVB doesnt need much to get moving...and to be frank i honestly dont think we need a top class player at every position..least of all a position that potentially has alot of suppliers

Back