• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Modric is a bitch if we do not get the right price he will stay at Spurs and will give it his all again.

That's the thing, in no way does it force us to sell Modric, and they can't bank on it making Modric so annoyed that he forces a move through.

If they did decide to bid for someone else, it's because they didn't think Modric was worth the money...not our fault we turn down a bid that is clearly too low.

Your logic is sound.

However, it seems that players don't think the same way. Players faced with the situation what their "dream" team want to buy them on the cheap and won't pay market price tend to rebel against the club who claim they are worth more and won't sell.

Of course, agents mentioning signing on fees, etc, may have an additional influence. It's a grubby business.

Hmm....Just not meant for him at the club unfortunately, hopefully we'll shift Bassong soon as well, bring in some extra funds for the striker kitty.

I have a bit of sympathy for Bassong. For pre-season he's been played at left back twice and frankly he's crap at it. There's a fair chance he'll still be here come the start of the season as I've not heard any transfer rumours about a move. There's a good player in there somewhere but he's rather unfocused which is his main failing.

Not really, as I think Defoe is a quality player given the 'right' supply.

He's just not had the right supply for the past 12 years then? ;)

Interestingly Gio is ripping up the Olympics. I wonder if AVB might want to see him in training as a possible option for the right of the front 3?

Interestingly Gio is ripping up the Olympics. I wonder if AVB might want to see him in training as a possible option for the right of the front 3?

Gio playing well for Mexico shocker. And in a tournament where most of the players are under 23 years old.

People are getting massive hard-ons for Neymar, Oscar, Cleverly and Caulker for doing the same thing.

Oscar and Neymar are also rated for their club performances.

Caulker is rated because he has recieved extremely high praise on every single loan spell he has had.

Cleverly? I don't know.

Gio? Not impressed at club level.

A world of difference.

I have a bit of sympathy for Bassong. For pre-season he's been played at left back twice and frankly he's crap at it. There's a fair chance he'll still be here come the start of the season as I've not heard any transfer rumours about a move. There's a good player in there somewhere but he's rather unfocused which is his main failing.

Another player whose contribution in 2009-10 gets overlooked. Bassong and Kranjcar were very important players that year and played about as much as Modric and King. Neither were first choice but they played over half the league games. Their lack of playing time over the last two season is a bit perplexing.

It's settled. If GDS can look quality against Gabon, he can definitely cut it in the Premiership.

People are getting massive hard-ons for Neymar, Oscar, Cleverly and Caulker for doing the same thing.

Caulker is ours, so obviously Spurs fans will (over) rate him. Cleverly? That would be a small minority. The other two are also overrated and their transfer values are beyond any reason.

Oscar and Neymar are also rated for their club performances.

Caulker is rated because he has recieved extremely high praise on every single loan spell he has had.

Cleverly? I don't know.

Gio? Not impressed at club level.

A world of difference.

Gio not impressed in 4 years playing for a manager who hated him.

Everyone has apparently been given a clean slate by AVB - out of him, Gomes, Defoe, Jenas, Bentely and Bassong I'd say he's got as good a chance as any of surviving the window.

But what about when he rips apart the likes of Brazil, Argentina and USA which he does whenever Mexico meet them? Or do they not count?

He rips them apart does he? Head and shoulders above their players? (Rips apart would assume that, the player not the team rips them apart. GDS single handledly taking Mexico to world cup glory....oh hang on....).

Everyone has apparently been given a clean slate by AVB - out of him, Gomes, Defoe, Jenas, Bentely and Bassong I'd say he's got as good a chance as any of surviving the window.

I'd be inclined to agree although some of the things hes been quoted as saying this window wouldn't of done him any favours....

And in that time he had a fair few games for us, and how many times did he shine? Oh yes, not once. Let's hope you're right about GDS and AVB.

Every time? I think not.

Well not every time no, that'd make him better than what he is now but he certainly gives them a torrid time ALMOST every time. Whenever Mexico play I make sure to look at the result and perhaps highlights because i know dos Santos will always cause problems in the games.

Back