• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And in that time he had a fair few games for us, and how many times did he shine? Oh yes, not once. Let's hope you're right about GDS and AVB.

Don't know about that. FA Cup, Carling Cup and some Europa League games he has looked impressive. He has hardly started any games since his first year in the league, whenever he came on for us last year in the league he looked up for it and looked like he wanted to take people on, shame he usually come on when we were down.

He rips them apart does he? Head and shoulders above their players? (Rips apart would assume that, the player not the team rips them apart. GDS single handledly taking Mexico to world cup glory....oh hang on....).

I'm sure you get the point he's making and it's a valid one. He has done it against big teams.....

So....will we end up with Grzegorz Rasiak on deadline day again? Great backup if every other transfer of a striker goes to hell.

Oh, the irony! ](*,)

Gio looks good against Brazil and Argentina, but when they return to their clubs it's their players that's ripping it up. And Gio, well, what does he actually do between internationals?

I think it's a bit of a shame he's currently at the Olympics as I believe he'd of had an impact for us in pre-season.

The only one of Gio's 14 international goals which has come against a half decent was the one a month or two ago against Brazil. And they're not exactly renowned for their defending

At club level, he failed at Barca, Spurs, Ipswich and Galatassaray - the only place he has done 'ok' at is Santander

I honestly cannot see why people think he'll suddenly turn into a decent player for us next year

Sorry but how can you judge a player that has not been giving a good run in the side? how many league games has Gio started in a row for us?

Do you know how many games he's started in the Prem since August 2008? Go on I'll give you a clue, it's a nice round number ...

Couldn't care less. I'm saying, once he DOES do it in the prem, I'll talk about him. Kinda agreeing with what your saying pal.

The only one of Gio's 14 international goals which has come against a half decent was the one a month or two ago against Brazil. And they're not exactly renowned for their defending

At club level, he failed at Barca, Spurs, Ipswich and Galatassaray - the only place he has done 'ok' at is Santander

I honestly cannot see why people think he'll suddenly turn into a decent player for us next year

He didn't fail at Ipswich at all. As for Barca I'm not sure how he "failed"? He played and started a fair bit, his final appearance for them he scored a hattrick, they just had some half decent player coming through, Lionel something.

Why has he failed at Barcelona? I seem to remember him scoring a hattrick for them, must be brick. Was it because they sold him to little old us? Maybe they thought he had attitude problems, was lazy etc. He was very highly rated. I seem to remember them letting go of Fabregas, Jordi Alba etc. too, doesn't mean they were exactly brick though.

Failed at Ipswich? come off it lol

Galatasaray? Oh yeah, who brought him in? Oh yeah, his old Barca manager Rijkaard, must of saw something in him.

Back