• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And if Gio had played more people would be moaning about Bale, Lennon or someone else being on the bench. This exact exchange of arguments has been done before. Now someone would reply about it being a squad game.

Sorry but how can you judge a player that has not been giving a good run in the side? how many league games has Gio started in a row for us?

Easily actually. Firstly if they do well in the odd game you then give them a run. If they don't do well, then you judge them and don't give them the run.

There is ONE thing in GDS defence regarding his performances. And that is under Redknapp we played with two banks of four and GDS clearly isn't a striker or a wide man in a 4 man midfield. There is a possiblity that GDS will shine in a 4-3-3 if we play that formation and GDS does stay.

I look at dos Santos the way a lot of people looked at Bale before he came this mega superstar best player in the world.

He showed glimpses in his early Spurs career but then obviously he never quite hit it off after his injury, couldn't get in the team etc. people wanted him out, we were close to selling etc. but then he got his chance and fudge me did he take it.

I'd like to know how he would've done these past few years if Harry hadve shown some faith in him. For all we know he could've been our Ronaldo lol. Who the fudge knows?

And Pienaar leaving.

Defoe to Villa? Unless you read it on twitter you heard it here first. Just a rumour that there might be a rumour at the moment though.

And Pienaar leaving.

Defoe to Villa? Unless you read it on twitter you heard it here first. Just a rumour that there might be a rumour at the moment though.

Would be very bizarre. He spent most of his career in Keane's shadow, so why would he go and finish it in Bent's shadow (someone he doesn't get on with)?

QPR or Reading sound more reasonable - he needs to be a big fish in a small pond for a few years to salvage his reputation.

Why has he failed at Barcelona? I seem to remember him scoring a hattrick for them, must be brick. Was it because they sold him to little old us? Maybe they thought he had attitude problems, was lazy etc. He was very highly rated. I seem to remember them letting go of Fabregas, Jordi Alba etc. too, doesn't mean they were exactly brick though.

Failed at Ipswich? come off it lol

Galatasaray? Oh yeah, who brought him in? Oh yeah, his old Barca manager Rijkaard, must of saw something in him.

Check his scoring records at Barca. THe hattrick in his final game were the only league goals he scored for them

At Ipswich, he was in the team to start with and was then dropped. Think he played 8 games for them in his half season loan. How is that a success?!?!? He should have been ripping up the championship, not not being able to get into the team!!

Galatassaray - its immaterial who signed him. He didnt even score a goal for them in his time there!

He really has done nothing at club level at all

Check his scoring records at Barca. THe hattrick in his final game were the only league goals he scored for them

At Ipswich, he was in the team to start with and was then dropped. Think he played 8 games for them in his half season loan. How is that a success?!?!? He should have been ripping up the championship, not not being able to get into the team!!

Galatassaray - its immaterial who signed him. He didnt even score a goal for them in his time there!

He really has done nothing at club level at all

And? I never said he scored aload of goals for Barcelona, I said he scored a hattrick. Some footballers who have played for Barca have managed less goals than that in a season. He joined Ipswich in March, so he was there for 2 months, not half a season. 4 goals in 8 games is a good record at any level of football. So you're basing his performance at Galatasaray base on goals? wow.

And? I never said he scored aload of goals for Barcelona, I said he scored a hattrick. Some footballers who have played for Barca have managed less goals than that in a season. He joined Ipswich in March, so he was there for 2 months, not half a season. 4 goals in 8 games is a good record at any level of football. So you're basing his performance at Galatasaray base on goals? wow.

I never understood it at the time, but why did Barca let him go if he was such a hot prospect? They actually sold him to us. It's not like Fabregas who actually left Barca to join Arsenal due to contractual law for example. Barca accepted the bid and got rid of him.

I never understood it at the time, but why did Barca let him go if he was such a hot prospect? They actually sold him to us. It's not like Fabregas who actually left Barca to join Arsenal due to contractual law for example. Barca accepted the bid and got rid of him.

I don't know? Attitude? Laziness? Reasons why he isn't getting games here?

I mean, maybe he wanted to leave because they told him he wasn't going to be a starter and that is what he wanted? Funny though as he isnt that now at Spurs neither

I dont think we need three just two. Hell just one for fudges sakes

We've always had 4 although we always played 442 admittedly. If we're going for Ade in front if VDV it's my opinion you should look for a natural replacement for both to cover injuries/suspensions. Now I'm not saying that's an easy job but you can't have Ade and Defoe otherwise you have to change the whole system to accommodate Defoe when Ades out.

Back