• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea since Levy's change of policy to buying young players with potential (going back to the days of Lennon, Thudd, etc.), I'd be surprised if our spend exceeds our sales.

I do believe though that if there's a deal to be done, or if we really need to spend we will do. Just look at Redknapps first Jan transfer window when we were just above relegation zone, 40m net spend.

I think that's because we still had cash left over from the Berbatov/Keane deals. I'd expect a club of our size to be able to achieve a net spend each season, but I bet without selling players first it's not much.

It's just getting ridiculous. 2 strikers, a winger and a modric replacement (or don't sell the rat) and we could be challenging on 4 fronts. It's that simple. Why do we make everything look so hard wait so long? Dragging transfers out has affected us so many fudging times over the years, always in abad way!

Transfers windows are so infuriating. We should have loads of money after spending nothing in years and selling players. We can sell Gomes, docs santos, jeans, Bentley and Defoe and modric and have insane amounts of money. Mouthino, ade, Leandro, lloris and a winger would easily be covered....

Oh well..l can't wait to see Harry Kane play against new York....

I agree, just think its not the end of the world if we don't get a striker(s) within the next week or so, provided we sign them in this window at some point and they are the right buys. But yeah, would be great for them to have a couple of weeks prep with the team.....

No it certainly wouldn't be, but it does irk me massively that we were blown away by both Manchester clubs in our opening two games of the season last year due to having to play powderpuff midfields. Had Parker been signed before the season starts there is a chance we may have picked up at least a point in one of those two games. That point would have seen us 3rd.

No it certainly wouldn't be, but it does irk me massively that we were blown away by both Manchester clubs in our opening two games of the season last year due to having to play powderpuff midfields. Had Parker been signed before the season starts there is a chance we may have picked up at least a point in one of those two games. That point would have seen us 3rd.

I share your frustration on that. But did we have to play powderpuff midfields when we had Palacios and Jenas on the books (one was claimed to have an injury which cleared up damn quick after the transfer deadline) and would we have signed Parker without those two games?

After the week of joy when we had AVB, Siggy, Jan and contract extentions I really thought this was a new THFC in terms of not faffing about..

Clearly not..

I share your frustration on that. But did we have to play powderpuff midfields when we had Palacios and Jenas on the books (one was claimed to have an injury which cleared up damn quick after the transfer deadline) and would we have signed Parker without those two games?

Palacios may have made a difference, but not Jenas IMO. But Parker wasn't expensive, and we had been after him for weeks. I just think sometimes we try and drive too hard a bargain. It can be worth paying £1m over the odds for a player on occasions.

Why on earth are people freaking out about signings when...

a. It ALWAYS goes down to the last few days in every window
b. None of our rivals are exactly miles ahead of the 2 signings we've brought in. City - nobody. Utd - two in like us, Arse - two in like us, Liverpool - nobody, Chelsea - one more in than us, Toon - nobody. Everyone's in the same boat.
c. AVB and DL are clearly very, very, very, very, very, very aware of our need for strikers
d. Ade will blatantly sign at the end of the day. 100%. The wrangling is just the game. It'll be an €11m signing (however you slice it up between transfer fee/wages/golden hello/golden goodbye), which is probably less than he's actually "worth".

Relax people!

b. None of our rivals are exactly miles ahead of the 2 signings we've brought in. City - nobody. Utd - two in like us, Arse - two in like us, Liverpool - nobody, Chelsea - one more in than us, Toon - nobody. Everyone's in the same boat.
c. AVB and DL are clearly very, very, very, very, very, very aware of our need for strikers
d. Ade will blatantly sign at the end of the day. 100%. The wrangling is just the game. It'll be an €11m signing (however you slice it up between transfer fee/wages/golden hello/golden goodbye), which is probably less than he's actually "worth".

Relax people!

I've read this type of reply in the last 3 windows and we sort of end up with the likes of saha. So it's difficult to be optimistic, but we shall see.

I'm sorry but adebayor was absolutely pivotal to how we play. Other clubs may not have signed more but have any lost a player of such importance? Plus we're losing modric as well with no sign of a replacement, so they're not the same situations.

Yeah arsenal may lose rvp but they've already signed strikers!

Get ade signed this week and we can all relax and let the rest of the transfers take the levy wrangling time! But we need ade in, we need a striker. Kane isn't close to being good enough and Defoe can't play, and also isn't a sole striker!

Relax people!

Because we're gonna end up playing the 2 august games and the September 1st game with Defoe upfront on his own.

Relax people!

Liverpool Borini a striker

Very worried that we're putting too many eggs in the Ade basket and City are stringing us along knowing we need a striker more than they need rid of him.

I don't understand how we're supposed to get this amazing deal for him, when surely if the deal was that good, many other clubs would be in for him too. It will benefit City the longer this is drawn out.

Yes, it will benefit City......if Spurs have indeed put all their eggs in one basket.

But I suspect that AVB has other striker targets and that Spurs are prepared to walk away from a deal for Ade if City (or Ade) don't give some ground.

Back