• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look, I'm just more confident that with AVB we will have targeted realistic players and will be what's required for our squad. There could be various factors as to why these players aren't here yet although I have no idea what those reasons are. Levy and AVB aren't stupid, they know we're short on strikers. I know about the fact we have form for not addressing the striking issue but I have a feeling Levy deliberately held back with Redknapp targets because a)knew he wouldn't be here for that long b) targets were usually short term ie old with no resale value - don't think this will be a problem with AVB, and think him, Sherwood and Levy will all be singing from same page.

Besides all that unlike you I'm a little more confident we can win some of our opening games even if we haven't made anymore additions in the striking department by that time....

on aqua's latest info...

Who: JJetset
When: 28th July
Where: Twitter

Ha ha 'expect'?! You been drinking again?! 1 is close (toes crossed )but both ? You don't know what DL has been doing this week!!

and this tossish **** thinks he knows what levys been doing this week? give me strength.

Adebayor has proven he has no love for Spurs just for ££££££££

Secondly worse case scenario for City, he stays on their books. So what, they can afford to pay him and I am pretty sure his wages over the next 2 years will not be what gets them sanctioned under FFP

Ade's wages were exempt from FFP last year but not this year, so it will hurt them a little. He won't get a squad place either so it's dead money to them.

[Update 273] Jetset on strikers

We have Been trying all week, 1 is close. Worth the wait on the others if they come off. #complicated

[Update 274] Akqayid on strikers

Expect Ade. Expect Leandro End off

[Update 275] Jetset on Update 274

Ha ha 'expect'?! You been drinking again?! 1 is close (toes crossed )but both ? You don't know what DL has been doing this week!!

[Update 276] Akqayid on Lloris

What a way to see out your career at your home club #dutyfree

(Note from A&C: After Hugo Lloris saves two penalties to win whatever poxy trophy Lyon were playing for out in the USA. IIRC the 'Dutyfree' refers to his earlier posts saying we will be picking him up on the way home and presenting him on our return. )

ONLY if Adebayor is willing to join Fulham - thats where he can cause problems.

The key difference between Modric and Adebayor is that Adebayor is surplus to requirements - we would be happy to keep Modric

If Adebayor gets his £170K a week which he would be more than happy to go to Fulham, live in London and play first team football. He maybe surplus to their requirements at City but they can live with it.

Why the fudge don't Spurs just sign him for £10m and let City make up the difference. Basically we are having a game of chicken with Emirates Marketing Project and as we appear to be putting all our eggs in teh Adebayor basket we have more to lose. And finally, would you be happy if we signed Adebayor for £5m and on £100K a week after we had lost out first 2 league matches not scoring a goal? Personally I would not, especially when I remember we lost out on 3rd place by 1 point

on aqua's latest info...

Do you? Fool. It's more that probably that Levy has been with his sick wife this week.

Ade's wages were exempt from FFP last year but not this year, so it will hurt them a little. He won't get a squad place either so it's dead money to them.

But they will find a way to make the money up some way with their deep pockets and top lawyers and accountants.

And Fulham are going to pay that are they?! :ross:

And it WILL HURT CITY. They will be subject to FFP, they need to shift his wages, they need to free the squad place he will take.

I would prefer the deal was done already, but if ultimately we get the player full time - even if after a delay, then Im happy in the end

Besides all that unlike you I'm a little more confident we can win some of our opening games even if we haven't made anymore additions in the striking department by that time....

And if Defoe gets a knock on the 16th August in training what happens then? I ask because that is the kind of luck we have with injuries

on aqua's latest info...

This guy has become a laughing stock the way he critiques other lame 'itks'.

It does not hurt either City or Fulham, Fulham pay a reasonable wage for Ade and end up not breaking their wage structure and Emirates Marketing Project receive more money from Fulham rather than from us and are thus willing to pay a bigger chunk of Ade's wages. And if West ham are considering go for Carroll in a deal worth £18m why would they not consider Adebayor if the Carroll deal falls through. Adebayor gets to live in London, play first team football, an excellent wage packet and Emirates Marketing Project have him off their books

Last edited:
Because Fulham couldnt attract Adebayor no matter how much of a mercenary you think he is.

Because even if they gave Emirates Marketing Project £10m with £5m being palmed straight off to Adebayor they STILL couldnt pay his wages

But they will find a way to make the money up some way with their deep pockets and top lawyers and accountants.

Unfortunately I think you are right. The way the 'carbon circle' have been splashing the cash it's like they are all privy to a little secret on FFP. Looks like they have basically been ignoring it.

The only way I can see FFP gaining any traction is if the other G14 clubs who are not funded by billionaire benefactors get totally behind it. It's in their interest to see that FFP is properly enforced and the PSG's and City's of the football world do not get into too dominant a position.

Because Fulham couldnt attract Adebayor no matter how much of a mercenary you think he is.

Because even if they gave Emirates Marketing Project £10m with £5m being palmed straight off to Adebayor they STILL couldnt pay his wages

Would you be happy if we signed Adebayor for £5m and on £100K a week after we had lost out first 2 league matches not scoring a goal? Personally I would not, especially when I remember we lost out on 3rd place by 1 point

Any contract signed prior to a certain date don't count towards ffp.

The contract caveat you refer to is over. Exempt wages in the 1st year of FFP (last season) was for contracts signed before June 2010. All wages for all players on the books are now included.

Monitoring%20Periods.jpg

Any contract signed prior to a certain date don't count towards ffp.

Exactly that is why loaning Ade to us was a good move to city. The wages they were paying him did not count towards FFP but the proportion of his wages we were paying (to them) went down in the income column

Exactly that is why loaning Ade to us was a good move to city. The wages they were paying him did not count towards FFP but the proportion of his wages we were paying (to them) went down in the income column

But that was just for last season apparently. I think many big fee transfers prior to the cut off have been written off as losses to avoid amortisation in later accounts.

Would you be happy if we signed Adebayor for £5m and on £100K a week after we had lost out first 2 league matches not scoring a goal? Personally I would not, especially when I remember we lost out on 3rd place by 1 point

Yeah, what am I thinking? If we don't have him in for Castle then we just shouldn't bother.....

Back