• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For a long while Ive been undecided on him, either he is a genius or a headless chicken

Right now Im leaning toward thinking he is a quality player and if available at £10m very welcome in our squad

Not convinced he is a Modric replacement though

It is key but its not like we have ages. I know in my heart of hearts we will get Ade but I just want things sorted.

Harr - I agree but I think this is a pretty big season for us and want things to go smoothly.

Also im sure for every Cisse there is someone who didnt hit the ground running.

I agree, just think its not the end of the world if we don't get a striker(s) within the next week or so, provided we sign them in this window at some point and they are the right buys. But yeah, would be great for them to have a couple of weeks prep with the team.....

For a long while Ive been undecided on him, either he is a genius or a headless chicken

Right now Im leaning toward thinking he is a quality player and if available at £10m very welcome in our squad

Not convinced he is a Modric replacement though

He's definitely not, but he seems versatile enough to play in mutiple positions across the middle and attacking third. Actually I think there was a surprising stat. regarding the high number of tackles he puts in, but he doesn't have enough about his game from the middle.

I think he is very decent in the middle - given his lack of goals he is arguably better there than in attacking positions

He does have a poor goal return but he has a decent shooting technique and by rights should get more. A bit like Hudd really.

I watched the highlights of the Fulham match again the other day and Dembele caused us all sorts of problems, and had 3 superb shots well saved by Brad. In hindsight I shouldn't have watched that match as it brought back all the bad memories from the end of the season but I needed a fix!!

------------------------Ade/Another/Defoe---------------------

----Bale/Townsend----------VDV/Sig------------Lennon/Dembele

--------Moutinho/Thudd/Carroll-----Sandro/Parker/Livermore-----

I agree, just think its not the end of the world if we don't get a striker(s) within the next week or so, provided we sign them in this window at some point and they are the right buys. But yeah, would be great for them to have a couple of weeks prep with the team.....

IF we sign a striker after we have failed to win none of our first 3 games that would be a problem

As for them being the right buys, what the fudge, Levy probably knew in Jan that Saha was not going to stay beyond the summer and there would be the a problem with Adebayor's wages. But then he knew we needed a striker last season and the deal was not done until we had lost our first 2 matches. Maybe we should wait until Saudi Sportswashing Machine beat us first game of the season, maybe that would focus management. Shame there seems to be a pattern developing

Im not saying we have the upper hand, Im saying its not all in Citys favour. Its a mutually beneficial deal.

As to other clubs, Im inclined to think this is where the player can cause trouble. If he insists on joining one club/refuses to deal with any other then it compromises Citys position.

Adebayor has proven he has no love for Spurs just for ££££££££

Secondly worse case scenario for City, he stays on their books. So what, they can afford to pay him and I am pretty sure his wages over the next 2 years will not be what gets them sanctioned under FFP

Im not saying we have the upper hand, Im saying its not all in Citys favour. Its a mutually beneficial deal.

As to other clubs, Im inclined to think this is where the player can cause trouble. If he insists on joining one club/refuses to deal with any other then it compromises Citys position.

Yeah mean how like how Modric is compromising our position with Madrid? I am sure Emirates Marketing Project are watching that situation and thinking if Levy can play hard ball with Madrid then we can play hard ball with Spurs over Aderbayor and refuse to do us any favours by paying his wages. We sign Dembele for £10-15m and then Fulham use that money to sign Ade.

So what? So they have to fit him into their 25 man squad (along with the countless other strikers they have) despite the fact THEY DO NOT WANT HIM.

Or, how about the alternative they try to leave him out of the squad - I guarantee he will sue them for constructive dismissal the second the squad is announced and it wiill cost them millions to settle up

It is in their interest to get rid of him

Who: JJetset
When: 28th July
Where: Twitter
We have Been trying all week, 1 is close. Worth the wait on the others if they come off. #complicated

Yeah mean how like how Modric is compromising our position with Madrid? I am sure Emirates Marketing Project are watching that situation and thinking if Levy can play hard ball with Madrid then we can play hard ball with Spurs over Aderbayor and refuse to do us any favours by paying his wages. We sign Dembele for £10-15m and then Fulham use that money to sign Ade.

ONLY if Adebayor is willing to join Fulham - thats where he can cause problems.

The key difference between Modric and Adebayor is that Adebayor is surplus to requirements - we would be happy to keep Modric

He does have a poor goal return but he has a decent shooting technique and by rights should get more. A bit like Hudd really.

I watched the highlights of the Fulham match again the other day and Dembele caused us all sorts of problems, and had 3 superb shots well saved by Brad. In hindsight I shouldn't have watched that match as it brought back all the bad memories from the end of the season but I needed a fix!!

------------------------Ade/Another/Defoe---------------------

----Bale/Townsend----------VDV/Sig------------Lennon/Dembele

--------Moutinho/Thudd/Carroll-----Sandro/Parker/Livermore-----

I would be disapointed in AVB if Adebayor is his only option. I think it is time to move on. I wonder how much Demba Ba would ask for in wages?

on aqua's latest info...

Who: JJetset
When: 28th July
Where: Twitter

Ha ha 'expect'?! You been drinking again?! 1 is close (toes crossed )but both ? You don't know what DL has been doing this week!!

Back