• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the sell to buy policy under Redknapp n recent years is simply continuing

Corluka and Kranjcar out, Vertonghen and Sigurdsson in

we will sell Modric, buy his replacement with the money, and whatever is left over from that money will be used to buy a striker.

and thats it for now imo

we will sell Modric, buy his replacement with the money, and whatever is left over from that money will be used to buy a striker.

and thats it for now imo

To be honest I think it went on before that. You take a look at our big purchases, they almost always co-incide with a major sell in the 12 months prior to it.

The Sun - Tottenham @SunTottenham

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas insits goalkeeper Hugo Lloris will not move to Tottenham — unless the player asks to leave.

and thats it for now imo

Thats not really right is it? I mean we sold Pav - so where is our striker?

Also by that reasoning - we may have no strikers if Modric aint gone. We need a fudgein striker dammit im fudgein frustrated. im annoyed. Some may say oh we have three fudging weeks - no we fudging dont WHY? because players need to understand and get used to the new tactics new demands new ways of working etc. arghhhhhhhhhh

Yea since Levy's change of policy to buying young players with potential (going back to the days of Lennon, Thudd, etc.), I'd be surprised if our spend exceeds our sales.

I do believe though that if there's a deal to be done, or if we really need to spend we will do. Just look at Redknapps first Jan transfer window when we were just above relegation zone, 40m net spend.

Also by that reasoning - we may have no strikers if Modric aint gone. We need a fudgein striker dammit im fudgein frustrated. im annoyed. Some may say oh we have three fudging weeks - no we fudging dont WHY? because players need to understand and get used to the new tactics new demands new ways of working etc. arghhhhhhhhhh

the Pav money is waiting to be used and will be added to whats left of the Modric money.....doesnt add up to much for a top striker, thats why Levy is probably reluctant to blow all the Mod money on Moutinho...who knows

waah.jpg

:lol:

Yea since Levy's change of policy to buying young players with potential (going back to the days of Lennon, Thudd, etc.), I'd be surprised if our spend exceeds our sales.

I do believe though that if there's a deal to be done, or if we really need to spend we will do. Just look at Redknapps first Jan transfer window when we were just above relegation zone, 40m net spend.

didnt we still have most of the Berba money, and we profited from selling and bringing back Keane?

didnt we still have most of the Berba money, and we profited from selling and bringing back Keane?

Levy said that it was one off spending spree to get out of trouble and we shouldn't expect to see that kind of money spent in future windows and he has indeed been true to his word.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have ended their pursuit of Loic Remy, leaving him to Arsenal & Tottenham

Didn't they just start it a few days ago? Tabloids.

I think we will be all like that come the start of the season when we create 40 chances a game but not scoring any fudging goals. you wait grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Patience is key buddy. Obviously we all want things sorted now, but its not always possible.

Also, the right player can slot right in anyway - see Parker and Adebayor last season...

There are countless players that have come in and just hit the ground running without any real preparation and strikers are probably the easiest position to do this in. Exhibit A Cisse at Saudi Sportswashing Machine....

The Sun - Tottenham @SunTottenham

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas insits goalkeeper Hugo Lloris will not move to Tottenham — unless the player asks to leave.

This guy really wants to sell Lloris. He can't keep his mouth shut.

Although this wouldn't the highest priority position, keepers of his quality are as rare as hen's teeth and so I think we should just buy him and give him a season of acclimatisation with Brad still around. Cudicini should be moved on to Watford or whatever. He's done well for us but is fast approaching his sell by date too.

The only thing that doesn't stack up are the repeated comments from Park on how much they rate Gomes. If they rate him that much what don't they play him???

Patience is key buddy. Obviously we all want things sorted now, but its not always possible.

Also, the right player can slot right in anyway - see Parker and Adebayor last season...

It is key but its not like we have ages. I know in my heart of hearts we will get Ade but I just want things sorted.

Harr - I agree but I think this is a pretty big season for us and want things to go smoothly.

Also im sure for every Cisse there is someone who didnt hit the ground running.

It is key but its not like we have ages. I know in my heart of hearts we will get Ade but I just want things sorted.

Harr - I agree but I think this is a pretty big season for us and want things to go smoothly.

Also im sure for every Cisse there is someone who didnt hit the ground running.

Just see Dzeko's first six months at City.

Moussa Dembele is Tottenham’s top target to replace Luka Modric, the Sunday Mirror say.
With Modric looking set to leave White Hart Lane, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is said to be aiming to sign Dembele for around £10m.
It is suggested that Fulham would ask for £15m but Spurs are banking on the 25-year-old pushing for a switch across London.

There's something about Dembele that I like. Just seems to have a fantastic touch and ability to skip by players. It reminds me of Zidane actually.

Kranjcar, Pienaar out - Sig, Dembele in. Sounds good to me.

Back