• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which ofcourse is Ade. I am unsure how that will help us during the season. If Ade gets injured we are fudged. If Ade loses form we are fudged. Ade needs competition. Our main priorities this window should have been strikers. I think we are just banking on the Ade deal going through which lets be honest it will - these are all hiccups that we are experiencing.

And with our history in recent seasons, you know that's going to happen, probably v Norwich on Sept 1st...

City need to get rid of him as much as we need to buy him. They want rid of his wages, and more importantly will want his squad place.

So either they sell or loan him, but a loan results in them paying a huge chunk of his wages again.

The other alternative is keep him on but not in the squad, but to be honest I think that would amount to constructive dismissal...

I think there are a number of clubs that would be ready to buy Adebayor for about £10m if Emirates Marketing Project are ready to pay half his wages, which is about the same us buying him for £5m and him wanting his current salary. That being the case methinks it is a mistake to think we have the upper hand against them. If I were Fulham for instance I could sell Dempsey to Liverpool and then spend £10m on Adebayor with Emirates Marketing Project paying about £100K of his wages

Which ofcourse is Ade. I am unsure how that will help us during the season. If Ade gets injured we are fudged. If Ade loses form we are fudged. Ade needs competition. Our main priorities this window should have been strikers. I think we are just banking on the Ade deal going through which lets be honest it will - these are all hiccups that we are experiencing.

What you say is so fudging obvious but 3 weeks to go and we are still waiting.

People still buy and read The People? People, seriously People..

They're online as well, but I just saw a roundup of their headlines. One of which claim Bale dropped out of team GB because he did't think they were good enough to win a medal.

I think there are a number of clubs that would be ready to buy Adebayor for about £10m if Emirates Marketing Project are ready to pay half his wages, which is about the same us buying him for £5m and him wanting his current salary. That being the case methinks it is a mistake to think we have the upper hand against them. If I were Fulham for instance I could sell Dempsey to Liverpool and then spend £10m on Adebayor with Emirates Marketing Project paying about £100K of his wages

Im not saying we have the upper hand, Im saying its not all in Citys favour. Its a mutually beneficial deal.

As to other clubs, Im inclined to think this is where the player can cause trouble. If he insists on joining one club/refuses to deal with any other then it compromises Citys position.

Moussa Dembele is Tottenham’s top target to replace Luka Modric, the Sunday Mirror say.
With Modric looking set to leave White Hart Lane, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is said to be aiming to sign Dembele for around £10m.
It is suggested that Fulham would ask for £15m but Spurs are banking on the 25-year-old pushing for a switch across London.

I thought DL was giving AVB £30m to spend?

If that deal happened that would be min £20m profit, plus the small profit we have made in the window so far taking our 'supposed' kitty to nearly £60m.

Does anybody think we are really going to spend this money? It's starting to look to me we havent got any such warchest to utilise and we are putting profits towards the stadium fund.

I thought DL was giving AVB £30m to spend?

If that deal happened that would be min £20m profit, plus the small profit we have made in the window so far taking our 'supposed' kitty to nearly £60m.

Does anybody think we are really going to spend this money? It's starting to look to me we havent got any such warchest to utilise and we are putting profits towards the stadium fund.

Did you ever think we had a £60m kitty?

The only way we can spend that much is if we make as much in sales.

They're online as well, but I just saw a roundup of their headlines. One of which claim Bale dropped out of team GB because he did't think they were good enough to win a medal.

I only remember it for having Hagar the Horrible on the backpage.

Did you ever think we had a £60m kitty?

The only way we can spend that much is if we make as much in sales.

We have made a few quid in sales and will make a few more quid from Modric sale.

We have sold Kranjcar, Corluka, Pav, Modric (soon) and Pieenar - thats a fair few quid. We have spent 17-20m of which 8m on a midfielder which I dont think we needed that much.

This Ade situation should have been tied up ages and ages ago im talking before season finished.

Despite what he has done in pre-season, I do believe that AVB will play 4-3-3/4-5-1. Therefore you only need two recognised strikers in the squad and a player who can do a job there if required. IMO the striking options for next year will be:

New Striker (probably Ade)
Defoe
VDV
Youngster or player completely out of position.

The other possibility, but judging by the general scorn poured on Redknapp for doing this I can only assume AVB will receive the same level of abuse and it probably isn't worth his time doing so as a result, is that we add a third striker to the New Striker/Defoe combo and that the third striker is a much older player that we can get on a free but who can play as and when required.

But if you only play one up top, then you really don't need more than three forwards in the squad anyway so New Striker, Defoe and VDV will most likely be it.

Despite what he has done in pre-season, I do believe that AVB will play 4-3-3/4-5-1. Therefore you only need two recognised strikers in the squad and a player who can do a job there if required. IMO the striking options for next year will be:

New Striker (probably Ade)
Defoe
VDV
Youngster or player completely out of position.

The other possibility, but judging by the general scorn poured on Redknapp for doing this I can only assume AVB will receive the same level of abuse and it probably isn't worth his time doing so as a result, is that we add a third striker to the New Striker/Defoe combo and that the third striker is a much older player that we can get on a free but who can play as and when required.

But if you only play one up top, then you really don't need more than three forwards in the squad anyway so New Striker, Defoe and VDV will most likely be it.

Defoe cannot play the striker in a 433 role in my opinion anyways. I would keep him and could play on the right rotating with Lennon. Therefore we do need two strikers but more importantly Ade needs competition.

Defoe cannot play the striker in a 433 role in my opinion anyways. I would keep him and could play on the right rotating with Lennon. Therefore we do need two strikers but more importantly Ade needs competition.

I don't disagree but unless he is sold and a replacement found, then I think he will be one of the two or three options that will be utilised.

Back