• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ohh he does flimflam, he has a huuuge reputation for not saying the truth. Chelsea found out with Essien, he says whatever he wants to the press in order to get a higher bid.

Because they will. Check my edits, 1 about Kallstrom and 1 about Matt Spiro (he writes on the official www.ligue1.com site)

and what about AVB and what he has publicly said recently

"The search for a goalkeeper is a non-search to be fair," he said. "It's false that we are looking for a goalkeeper."

AVB has been pretty honest in all his interviews since becoming Spurs manager, so why he so obviously lie in this way

is it so unbelievable that he could be happy with Brad, Carlo, and Gomes for the coming season and then decide next summer to buy another keeper? I dont see anyone rushing to buy LLoris right now, so he can stay at Lyon for one more season and we can look at him next year

and what about AVB and what he has publicly said recently

"The search for a goalkeeper is a non-search to be fair," he said. "It's false that we are looking for a goalkeeper."

AVB has been pretty honest in all his interviews since becoming Spurs manager, so why he so obviously lie in this way

is it so unbelievable that he could be happy with Brad, Carlo, and Gomes for the coming season and then decide next summer to buy another keeper? I dont see anyone rushing to buy LLoris right now, so he can stay at Lyon for one more season and we can look at him next year

I don't know, i'm not him and i'm not his boss telling him what he can and can't say. Maybe it's a deflection, who knows. You're choosing to believe and disbelieve just as much as I am. Except I know Lyon need the money and have been trying to sell players, Lloris is their most valuable player and Spurs have bid for him (just not enough for Aulas)

We're the only one bidding for Lloris now. Next year we may be faced with having none of those 3 keepers as 2 may retire and 1 is out of contract. That's why Spurs need a goalie, they have a young (and good) Aussie on trial already. It's not exactly difficult to work out that at least 2 of the current goalies will need replacing soon. Maybe Lloris won't be available next season, maybe someone else will get him now. Lyon's chairman is playing hardball, as he always does.

If 36m POUNDS is true then thats great business imo.

Also, its quite possible that if Sahin cannot get the perminent move he wants then there's no reason why a loan move to us wouldn't appeal to him.

EDIT: I'll amend to that by saying that I know Sahin has said he wants to stay at RM but if Jose is open about not wanting him he still may change his mind.

I think this is blown out of proportion to be honest, when linked tenuously with a move away what do people expect him to say? "Yeah! Im really hoping it happens - f*ck Madrid!" or "Not interested, Im a Madrid player, thats that..."

Very worried that we're putting too many eggs in the Ade basket and City are stringing us along knowing we need a striker more than they need rid of him.

I don't understand how we're supposed to get this amazing deal for him, when surely if the deal was that good, many other clubs would be in for him too. It will benefit City the longer this is drawn out.

I would say put a deadline on it to expire very shortly and move on if the deal's not done. Don't trust City one bit, I'm sure they'd prefer us to start the season with a Defoe/Kane forward line than do us any favours in getting the Ade deal over the line.

City need to get rid of him as much as we need to buy him. They want rid of his wages, and more importantly will want his squad place.

So either they sell or loan him, but a loan results in them paying a huge chunk of his wages again.

The other alternative is keep him on but not in the squad, but to be honest I think that would amount to constructive dismissal...

Thats good money but Moutinhos £31.5m release clause might explain why it is essential we push RM as high as possible.

If seen
£31.5m widely reported, I can only hope it was intended as €31.5m!

Big fan of Moutinho, but thats a huge amount of money

Thats good money but Moutinhos £31.5m release clause might explain why it is essential we push RM as high as possible.

If seen

That equals to €40 million, so the number makes sense. IF it's true.

Would you be bothered about paying that amount? I wouldn't. I'm happy to pay that amount for a quality player, even if Modric is slightly better I'm more concerned with replacing him with someone of similar quality rather than finding someone who represents good value for money. If we have to pay slightly over the odds then so be it....

It does and it doesnt. I googled his release clause and that was all over the first page, doesnt mean its gospel though.

It does in that release clauses are supposed to be prohibitively high, it doesnt in that it seems ridiculously high!

On balance Im happy with Modric out, Moutinho in - even if it leaves us no better off financially - but given the work we need to do on the squad every penny counts so if we can squeeze more out of it it could be definitive

If seen

And also there is a sell on clause that we have to pay a percentage (between 5 - 10 percent) back to Modric's former club

If seen

I think it is about 50% more than he is worth. Moutinho is a big risk at that price and we're putting all of our eggs in one basket if we buy him. Maybe cheaper options like Cabeye are worth considering and pick up two or three players for the money that we get for Modric.

The People say MUFC are seriously considering a move for Ashley Cole. :ross: :ross: :ross: He's 6 months older than Evra.

WE NEED STRIKERS ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I didnt watch the game yesterday but it appears that Kane was not up to much. ARGHHHHHHHH

The Sun claim AVB is only planning to add one more striker.

Orgreave-Battle-Picket-li-005.jpg

I think it is about 50% more than he is worth. Moutinho is a big risk at that price and we're putting all of our eggs in one basket if we buy him. Maybe cheaper options like Cabeye are worth considering and pick up two or three players for the money that we get for Modric.

I think there are a few things going on with that one though

While I agree he is overpriced at that amount and we could perhaps use the money more prudently I also think this is as much about as establishing AVB as the authority and Levy backing him to the full to justify Redknapps sacking.

I like Cabaye a lot, would be very welcome IMO. Not as sold on Dembele as often suggested but he certainly has something about him. Ive been a big fan of Moutinho for years and would love him here, but recognise the price is VERY high.

The thing that separates Moutinho is his prior relationship and success with AVB
-In the interests of supporting the new manager we should back his choices (particularly early doors)
-Moutinho knows AVBs system inside out, could help bed the managers thinking onto the side in double time
-Moutinho is a bloody good player - see recent bossing of the Spain midfield

The Sun claim AVB is only planning to add one more striker.

Which ofcourse is Ade. I am unsure how that will help us during the season. If Ade gets injured we are fudged. If Ade loses form we are fudged. Ade needs competition. Our main priorities this window should have been strikers. I think we are just banking on the Ade deal going through which lets be honest it will - these are all hiccups that we are experiencing.

I think there are a few things going on with that one though

While I agree he is overpriced at that amount and we could perhaps use the money more prudently I also think this is as much about as establishing AVB as the authority and Levy backing him to the full to justify Redknapps sacking.

I like Cabaye a lot, would be very welcome IMO. Not as sold on Dembele as often suggested but he certainly has something about him. Ive been a big fan of Moutinho for years and would love him here, but recognise the price is VERY high.

The thing that separates Moutinho is his prior relationship and success with AVB
-In the interests of supporting the new manager we should back his choices (particularly early doors)
-Moutinho knows AVBs system inside out, could help bed the managers thinking onto the side in double time
-Moutinho is a bloody good player - see recent bossing of the Spain midfield

I agree and think that the chairman backing the manager this summer will send out a very important signal to the players and other clubs.

Back