• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loris beaten by solo effort from John Utaka---was that the one who played for Portsmouth? Nothing Loris could do---Lyon look poor.
I'm also watching it, defence should have stopped him on the edge of the box. Shot was high and fast, unless he was 8ft tall he wouldn't reach it.

hasnt AVB said on a couple of occasions he doesnt want a new keeper?

if LLoris was 'done' as people say, he wouldnt be playing in this game

it looks like we are seriously short of finances, unable to buy strikers, and yet we are paying 9 mill for a keeper??

cant see it

hasnt AVB said on a couple of occasions he doesnt want a new keeper?

if LLoris was 'done' as people say, he wouldnt be playing in this game

it looks like we are seriously short of finances, unable to buy strikers, and yet we are paying 9 mill for a keeper??

Why? strange logic. Spurs and Lyon are both in the states, it isn't done and no one has said it is.. it's not on the OS, is it? they will meet after the game, when both are in NYC, and discuss the fee. From what I know about it, and Lyon's financial state, he is likely to be sold and we're the only bidder.. so...

Kallstrom is joining Spartak Moscow tomorrow and he's not playing, I don't know if he travelled. Depends on the stage of the transfer. Spurs haven't agreed a fee with Lyon so he's still theirs, but there have been talks and will be more talks very soon.

Edit, Kallstrom did travel but didn't train yesterday. Plenty of french commentators (inc the very reliable Matt Spiro) saying this is likely to be Lloris' last game for OL.

Last edited:
Why? strange logic. Spurs and Lyon are both in the states, it isn't done and no one has said it is.. it's not on the OS, is it? they will meet after the game, when both are in NYC, and discuss the fee. From what I know about it, and Lyon's financial state, he is likely to be sold and we're the only bidder.. so...

Kallstrom is joining Spartak Moscow tomorrow and he's not playing, I don't know if he travelled. Depends on the stage of the transfer. Spurs haven't agreed a fee with Lyon so he's still theirs, but there have been talks and will be more talks very soon.
but are we even bidding.....Aulas has said there have been no bids, and he doesnt bullsh!t about

how do you know the two clubs will meet after the game??

When I go to the open training session on Monday, I'll ask if we have any interest in Lloris. I'm sure Brad, Carlo or Gomes will tell me!

but are we even bidding.....Aulas has said there have been no bids, and he doesnt bullsh!t about

how do you know the two clubs will meet after the game??

Ohh he does flimflam, he has a huuuge reputation for not saying the truth. Chelsea found out with Essien, he says whatever he wants to the press in order to get a higher bid.

Because they will. Check my edits, 1 about Kallstrom and 1 about Matt Spiro (he writes on the official www.ligue1.com site)

And out to claim well. Apart from one flap at a cross, he's looked fine. Montpelier have gone off the boil---and Lyon equalizes!

The champions told chairman Daniel Levy that they would accept a cut-price fee of £6m to help Spurs offer Adebayor a package close to the wages he earns at the Etihad.

City feel Levy has now backtracked – a move forcing them to examine the prospect of either allowing the former Arsenal hit-man to leave for free or giving him a pay-off to compensate him for the money he will lose on the final two years of his contract.

A City insider said: “It was felt there was two ways to handle Adebayor. Either we could ask for a fee in excess of £10m knowing we would have to spend perhaps half of that compensating the player for lost earnings.

Or, by asking £6m, the buying club would be able to offer wages acceptable to Adebayor.

“Tottenham knew that was our intention. Now they want us to accept the lower fee and pay Adebayor off.

“Basically they want a player who scored the goals that took them to fourth place in the Premier League last season for nothing

Sounds about right lol.

Back