• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sky Sources: Mexico have made a summer swoop for Brazil striker Hulk

Did I imagine that last night at the opening of the games where the BBC said that Mexico have a good football team with the fantastically named Hulk and then Trever Nelson said fantastic player by the way!?

Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko has quit football to begin a career in politics, he said in a statement from his club Dynamo Kiev on Friday night.

Who: JJetset
When: 28th July
Where: Twitter

In response to being asked about Fryers: Has to go to a tribunal before being rubber stamped.

There still is no deal as it fell through the other week so I'm not sure what Ben is hearing as it's not happening currently?

He then said.............

Yes it's dead, Mr VB doesn't likee...

Free agents can play for a club in pre season without being officially signed.

Aren't there insurance issues that prevent it in officially sanctioned matches?

I would assume he has signed a contract with us, and the tribunal will just decide the compensation we have to pay United.

What do people make of the Joe Allen talk then?

Very good player IMO, Modric-like in his style of play - though not Modric quality yet (still only 22) I think he could grow into a cracking player.

Somewhat underwhelming, "that Welsh lad from promoted Swansea" to replace our star player - but despite lacking pazzaz could be a very smart buy and would also leave a lot in the pot to buy the strikers and wing cover we desperately need

What do people make of the Joe Allen talk then?

Very good player IMO, Modric-like in his style of play - though not Modric quality yet (still only 22) I think he could grow into a cracking player.

Somewhat underwhelming, "that Welsh lad from promoted Swansea" to replace our star player - but despite lacking pazzaz could be a very smart buy and would also leave a lot in the pot to buy the strikers and wing cover we desperately need

If we want to be challenging for top 4 again it'd be a step in the wrong direction, if we're going to be content with 6th to 8th then yes by all means get him in. I'm in the former camp and think it'd be money down the drain.

Why? Does a very good job recycling possession and particularly in finding wingers in space (as well as carrying the ball forward) - all things I think we will need.

Not exciting, as I said, but I see no reason why he isnt good enough for top 4.

Dont forget we first finished 4th with a midfield of Palacios and Huddlestone (thats Palacios of Stoke and Huddlestone who plenty on here still dont rate)

There still is no deal as it fell through the other week so I'm not sure what Ben is hearing as it's not happening currently?

He then said.............

Yes it's dead, Mr VB doesn't likee...

Is this about Adebayor?

My guess is we'd like him but he's being stubborn in his wage demands.

Hope we sort something else, 3 weeks today season starts.

It's about signing players that fit into our system, he doesn't have to be one of Europes biggest names. When people say if we sign player x we won't challenge top 4 because they're not some sort of marquee signing they're talking nonsense....

Is this about Adebayor?

My guess is we'd like him but he's being stubborn in his wage demands.

Hope we sort something else, 3 weeks today season starts.

Sahin I think. Ben's last info seemed to be a week behind everyone else as well.

Spurs are considering a move for Swansea midfielder Joe Allen, who is thought to have a buy-out clause of £10m if any club other than Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or the two Manchester sides bid.

We're not good enough?

Back