• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need some smoke screens to keep people occupied. At least we have a friendly match coming up.

More on the Spammer rumours: It is Westfield Group owner Frank Lowy. Estimated worth: 5 billion US dollars. Buying the Icelandic share, all depends on getting the OS.

you are quite something im starting to like you now i have known Gylfi Sig since we where kids and i was hoping to share some info in here now and then but i have doubts now

Whether Gylfi chose the right team to join will be decided tonight. That's what I read on RAWK anyway.

you are quite something im starting to like you now i have known Gylfi Sig since we where kids and i was hoping to share some info in here now and then but i have doubts now

Need to be careful around here pretending you have "connections". ;) Nobody knows anyone in the real world.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Juventus have ended their interest in trying to sign Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, who is also a target for Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United.

Full story: Daily Mail

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has intervened to help the Spanish club sign playmaker Luka Modric from Tottenham.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Spurs are considering a move for Swansea midfielder Joe Allen, who is thought to have a buy-out clause of £10m if any club other than Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or the two Manchester sides bid.

Full story: Daily Star

Manchester United are set to make a last ditch attempt to sign Brazilian midfielder Lucas Moura from Sao Paulo.

Full story: Metro
Neymar tussles with Joe Allen

Joe Allen (right, in action for Great Britain against Neymar of Brazil) could be set for Tottenham

United are also considering Fulham's Moussa Dembele, with the Cottagers, who bizarrely signed a teenage striker also called Moussa Dembele from Paris St Germain this week, likely to demand at least £15m for the 25-year-old Belgian.

Full story: The People

Arsenal will have to pay at least £20m if they want to prise playmaker Santi Cazorla from Malaga.

Full story: Metro

The Gunners, however, are close to landing Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin on a season-long loan.

Full story: Daily Mail

Liverpool and Arsenal face competition from Lyon if they are interested in signing defender Mamadou Sakho from Paris St Germain.

Full story: talkSPORT

Villarreal's relegation could see them lose former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi, who is currently out injured with a knee ligament injury.

Full story: talkSPORT

West Ham are set to beat Wigan to the signing of Real Mallorca defender Ivan Ramis.

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has reignited his pursuit of Feyenoord defender Ron Vlaar, 27, and is poised to complete a £3.2m signing in a three-year deal early next week.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Watford boss Gianfranco Zola wants to add QPR striker DJ Campbell to his ranks to help his side challenge for promotion from the Championship.

Blackburn boss Steve Kean wants to make up for the disappointment of losing Junior Hoillett by signing striker Simon Cox from West Brom and Fulham defender Aaron Hughes.

Rovers have ended their interest in Portuguese midfielder Adrien Silva after Sporting Lisbon turned down their £750,000 bid for him.

Full story: Lancashire Telegraph

Southampton are monitoring Cameron defender Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik, 23, who currently plays for Rennes.

Full story: The Sun
OTHER GOSSIP

Arsene Wenger lost his cool when he was asked more questions about striker Robin van Persie's future at the club.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has claimed the Spurs players are easier to work with than the Chelsea squad he was with last season.

Full story: The Sun

I think we almost certainly did that - the leaking - that January where Levy supposedly suddenly found £30 million down the back of the sofa and went round Europe like a crazy man bidding for Llorente, Rossi and Forlan.

Even Sugar used to do it. I remember our bid for middlesboros Jordinho (?). We bid a club record amount as he was getting on the plane to go to his new club.

Incidentally Juventus have decided to stop their pursuit of RVP. A couple of hundred pages back you'll find a post from me predicting this very thing. Just posturing for their fans before signing a realistic target.

We need some smoke screens to keep people occupied. At least we have a friendly match coming up.

More on the Spammer rumours: It is Westfield Group owner Frank Lowy. Estimated worth: 5 billion US dollars. Buying the Icelandic share, all depends on getting the OS.

If he's only worth $5bn then I wouldnt be too concerned. $5bn = c.£3bn and he's not going to blow a very big % of that on a club he;s not a fan of. Its not as if he's like the shiekhs who own Man C who have a bottomless pit of cash

If he's only worth $5bn then I wouldnt be too concerned. $5bn = c.£3bn and he's not going to blow a very big % of that on a club he;s not a fan of. Its not as if he's like the shiekhs who own Man C who have a bottomless pit of cash

IF it's him, he's most likely interested due to the OS and the shopping centre next door.

The papers seem to be recycling old rumours as usual. Arsenal have now upped their bid for Cazorla.

Ludovic Giuly has been released by Monaco. Quite a fall from grace when you're no longer good enough for Ligue 2.

@BackPage
Andy Carroll will only consider a loan exit at Liverpool. And to a club with European football.

Always though that Giuly was massively over-rated. apart from one decent season at Barca, he didnt really ever do anything outside of tin-pit Ligue 1 and never succeeded at international level

Back