• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we can all chill for now...

1. Modric deal to RM will drag on..
2. Since we have not signed any striker yet I think it´s fairly obvious we have a target at the olympics

my guess... no signing until end of the Olympics

i think what im trying to get at is... why are we still three years without a striker? Ade seems to be a striker not that we really wanted but just seemed a feasible option.

People blamed Harry but we are nearing the season start and still no striker. That should have been or first signing in. its kinda worrying. you can have the best 10 players in a team but if you dont have a striker or two capable of finishing things off then well- mid table

Can agree with that, but I'm not worried personally just yet....

2. Since we have not signed any striker yet I think it´s fairly obvious we have a target at the olympics

I've got a hunch Damiao or however it's spelt is still in our sights....

So you're saying we're signing Cavani? Nice one.

I dont think that you can assume that at all. THere's absolutely no evidence that that is true

The big worry is at the moment we're starting against Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 3 weeks time playing Spain style with Rafa and Sig as false 9s.

I am fudging worried and you know what? I am certain AVB is worried too - at the moment we have Kane in the US as a striker. Sorry but that is just not on. Absolutely not on. Fine Defoe's situation is out of our hands but he was never one to play the lone role.

I think AVB may panic and thats why I wouldnt be surprised with Carroll. When you panic you sometimes do silly things

I am fudging worried and you know what? I am certain AVB is worried too - at the moment we have Kane in the US as a striker. Sorry but that is just not on. Absolutely not on. Fine Defoe's situation is out of our hands but he was never one to play the lone role.

I think AVB may panic and thats why I wouldnt be surprised with Carroll. When you panic you sometimes do silly things

Agree...it is worrying. Things should be in place by now. When Levy & AVB discussed their vision for the club etc the need for a striker would surely have come up, names must have been discussed...but the closer we get to the start of the season the more worrying it gets. For what it's worth I do think Ade is a matter of time

Agree...it is worrying. Things should be in place by now. When Levy & AVB discussed their vision for the club etc the need for a striker would surely have come up, names must have been discussed...but the closer we get to the start of the season the more worrying it gets. For what it's worth I do think Ade is a matter of time

I think Ade will happen too but I think we need two. The fact that Ade may happen makes this even more frustrating - I want Ade out there getting in a full pre season with us. Getting used to the new system new tactics etc

I think Ade will happen too but I think we need two. The fact that Ade may happen makes this even more frustrating - I want Ade out there getting in a full pre season with us. Getting used to the new system new tactics etc

Couldn't agree more

It's spelt Leandro. Unless you think our big #30 is called Ranieri.

The difference being that our #30 has SANDRO on the back of his shirt, while Leandro Damiao usually has L.DAMIAO.

So it's really not as clear cut as you're making out.

If we do panic it will probably mean we'll stretch a bit further than we intended on the Ade deal. I don't think Carroll is being considered at all and AVB's comments seems unequivocal on the issue. I do agree though that Ade is not enough. We need another striker who can play at the point of the attack.

I seen a few promising signs from Kane though he's a long way from the finished article. He needs a year on loan to another premiership club to develop further I would think.

It seems we want to sign Ade and he wants to sign for us. While there are differences, it doesn't seem both sides are playing any brinksmanship games. A deal can probably with a little flexibility by one or both sides. I'm guessing neither side are too worried yet. There is also a third party in City.

Mancini has already began to throw his toys out about not getting his deals done promptly. He seems to be pointing the finger at Marwood (sp?). If its true the owners are not prepared to buy anyone like RVP until some of the excess strikers are sold, then they might begin to feel the need to help our deal along, especially if United look serious.

No it isn't. His name is Leandro Damiao, just like Thiago Silva isn't just called Thiago, or David Luiz isn't called David.

His name actual is Leandro Damião da Silva dos Santos. Just like Sandro's is Sandro Ranieri Guimarães Cordeiro.

Brazilians tend to pick one name as an official nickname - e.g. Pele, Socrates, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hulk, Oscar, Sandro, Leandro. It doesn't work the same way as European (even Portugese) naming with forenames and surnames etc.

His name actual is Leandro Damião da Silva dos Santos. Just like Sandro's is Sandro Ranieri Guimarães Cordeiro.

Brazilians tend to pick one name as an official nickname - e.g. Pele, Socrates, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hulk, Oscar, Sandro, Leandro. It doesn't work the same way as European (even Portugese) naming with forenames and surnames etc.

Seriously, who actually gives a damn?

Some use a nickname, some use the first name and some use both names almost as though it's one word. If Brazil were printing their lineup for a game it would be something like ..

Jefferson; Dani Alves, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo; Lucas Leiva, Sandro, Ramires, Oscar; Neymar, Leandro Damiao ... if he came to Spurs then he'd either wear L.Damiao or Leandro Damiao on his shirt, not Leandro. For him that would be like putting Kyle on Walker's shirt. It really doesn't matter though, Leandro, Damiao, who cares, everyone knows what they mean so there's no need to try and correct someone for saying one instead of the other.

Back