• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Basically. AS reported the loan move to a PL club, then Marca reported that it was Arsenal but then edited it one minute later to take their name out and just say that they're interested. The Mail then took the first Marca story as gospel and are now reporting it.

Not sure what Harry has to do with this to be honest. Harry was a clown in front of the media too. AVB needs to publically support the players, even if he is privately ripping them to bits.

I don't think it's always the case that 100% of the time the player is backed in public and made out that they absolutely do nothing wrong. Sometimes a carefully crafted public comment can do some good.

In any case I think it was blown out of proportion. He said he respects Gio but not sure why he came out with the statement. It's hardly a 'dressing down in public.'

Not sure why people think we should have any say whatsoever in the Sahin deal...

Modric will go if they pay us the amount we want. What they do with their other players has absolutely nothing to do with us.

Refusing to sell them Modric because they're loaning players to our rivals would seem pretty small time, especially if they are paying us what we want. If they're not, then that's the only reason we shouldn't sell Modric to them.

I am small time and I can hold a grudge

thank GHod I´m not Levy

different players, if anything id have both in a 4-3-3

Sahin Sandro Moutinho

so sell Modric, and buy Moutinho and loan Sahin, imo thats pretty damn good for next season

If sahin does well im sure well try and buy him next summer

As I understand it Sahin is a player that can dictate a teams tempo and keep the ball moving for them.

In the premiership its a pretty fair statement to say you need a defensive minded midfielder, IE Sandro/Parker

In a 433 you want an attacking CM, a Lampard/Scholes if you will IE Sigurdsson/VDV

And you want a playmaker, or someone to bring the team together IE Modric/Moutinho/Sahin

Basically I see them as competing for the same spot. In which case its a one or the other situation.

So basically Bale playing centrally which could work. Bale and Sig as central attacking mids behind the striker but with licsence to roam right?

yes, in the attacking 3 it also wouldnt be uncommon to see either Bale or Siggy in the striker position, furthest man forward.....its all about freedom of movement

and with a solid and creative base of Sain, Moutinho and Sandro in behind i think the balance between an attacking threat and a defensive base would be just about right

like i said, its one of many options, only AVB knows what he wants when he gets the players he desires

Where does Sahin fit in at Arsenal. And why would be so determined not to come here but is more than happy to go there?

He comes here, and he is a ready made Modric replacement. He starts most games, he makes the team tick. He gets a platform to play good football and returns to Madrid hopefully a better player.

He goes to Arsenal and he has Arteta, Ramsey, Song, Wheelchair all in that similar sort of role. Not saying he isn't better than them but it just doesn't make sense that he would absolutely be determined not to come to us and still go to Arsenal. Things may have changed over the past few weeks but still...why be do determinedly anti-Spurs in thise case?

So putting that together, I think the club has to be us. And this will hopefully see the Modric deal go through sooner rather than later. To get Sahin we would have probably had to pay a loan fee, so I reckon Levy is willing to knock some of that off the Modric asking price, and maybe let the move go through. It would all make sense.

Doesn't really make sense to see him go to Arsenal. But if it does, well I'll just be wrong.

Where does Sahin fit in at Arsenal. And why would be so determined not to come here but is more than happy to go there?

He comes here, and he is a ready made Modric replacement. He starts most games, he makes the team tick. He gets a platform to play good football and returns to Madrid hopefully a better player.

He goes to Arsenal and he has Arteta, Ramsey, Song, Wheelchair all in that similar sort of role. Not saying he isn't better than them but it just doesn't make sense that he would absolutely be determined not to come to us and still go to Arsenal. Things may have changed over the past few weeks but still...why be do determinedly anti-Spurs in thise case?

So putting that together, I think the club has to be us. And this will hopefully see the Modric deal go through sooner rather than later. To get Sahin we would have probably had to pay a loan fee, so I reckon Levy is willing to knock some of that off the Modric asking price, and maybe let the move go through. It would all make sense.

Doesn't really make sense to see him go to Arsenal. But if it does, well I'll just be wrong.

CL, bigger wage, stadium, maybe he has always loved Arse;)

Maybe we will then bring Moutinho in next summer - he might cost a bit less in a year's time and be a more agreeable price for us. Or try and sign Sahin.

CL, bigger wage, stadium, maybe he has always loved Arse;)

Even taking all that into account, being so determined to fight for your place at Madrid and really wanting to make a go of it only for it to suddenly change when Arsenal are interested strikes me as a bit odd. I think it's us. I think the whole meeting with Modric's advisers told them Spurs need something to make it happen, and so Madrid spoke to Sahin, told him Spurs would be good for him and with Modric coming he still wouldn't get much game time. And the result of all of that is happening now.

I'll be surprised if it is Arsenal. He will truly have always loved Arse if he takes them.

akqayid ‏@akqayid
The Duty Free in New York has been purchased now. Collect the item on the journey home. And give the present when landing. #SCITK

Then he posted..............
@Akqayid
Aftershave is good. The bid cuddly smiling bear just a tad longer. Might make the flight.

Matrix then asked...........Id suppose this would be Ade and the earlier lloris?

Akqayid then said..............yeah your right.

So the Duty Free is about Lloris and the smile part Adebayor

Edit: Seriously though, Why call them smile and duty free if your just going to say who they are when somebody asks?

akqayid ‏@akqayid
The Duty Free in New York has been purchased now. Collect the item on the journey home. And give the present when landing. #SCITK

Then he posted..............
@Akqayid
Aftershave is good. The bid cuddly smiling bear just a tad longer. Might make the flight.

Matrix then asked...........Id suppose this would be Ade and the earlier lloris?

Akqayid then said..............yeah your right.

So the Duty Free is about Lloris and the smile part Adebayor

nice, happy with that. Now give me Damiao and a midfielder :)

Back