• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're probably talking what, ?ú40-44m (?ú8m Verts, ?ú8m Ade, ?ú12-14m Leandro, ?ú12-14m Remy).

We could raise at least 2/3 of that by selling Defoe, Bassong, Pienaar, Gio, Corluka, Gomes, Jenas and Bentley.

We'll also be losing King, Saha and Nelsen off the wage bill.

Who is verts? did you read the guardian today, so the story linked on newsnow. Apparently bassong was on the verge of joining qpr and then levy doubled the fee he wanted. Im not convinced that levy is as good as people think he is. Look at how he has failed to sell dos santos for 3 transfer windows running despite interest in him.

I agree that we can do what you say as above but levy is going to have to settle for a little less then he wants.

i would be more tinkled off if we signed ferdinand or cole then seeing chelsea win the euro cup, if we need an oldie i would not mind chivu as back up to ekotto for a year or two.

Take your point. But.......would you still read it several times a day if there was one? Just in case ;)

Don't know - ITK is a bit passe these days.

Seeing as at last count there were approximately 621 Spurs ITKs, would it just not be easier to have a non-ITK sticky thread over the summer - so all the interesting pure opinion transfer discussions can be kept together in one place?

Don't know - ITK is a bit passe these days.

Seeing as at last count there were approximately 621 Spurs ITKs, would it just not be easier to have a non-ITK sticky thread over the summer - so all the interesting pure opinion transfer discussions can be kept together in one place?

:rolleyes:

You didn't read the post, did you?

There already is one of those, and that would stay.

Who is verts? did you read the guardian today, so the story linked on newsnow. Apparently bassong was on the verge of joining qpr and then levy doubled the fee he wanted. Im not convinced that levy is as good as people think he is. Look at how he has failed to sell dos santos for 3 transfer windows running despite interest in him.

I agree that we can do what you say as above but levy is going to have to settle for a little less then he wants.

Verts is the Flemish guy we appear to be on the verge of signing - I lose the will to live when typing his full name, a bit like with Pav.

I thought the story with Bassong was that we pulled out when Cahill collapsed for us?

:rolleyes:

You didn't read the post, did you?

There already is one of those, and that would stay.

No, I just meant that everything is ITK now (proper journalism no longer exists) and everyone is ITK (everyone shouting but no one listening); so could there be an anti-ITK discussion thread where all discussions are innocently hypothetical and purposely not steered by "links".

Basically I'm striving for a bit of purity - not sullied by the day's "links". A bit like how a tactical discussion thread is different from a match thread.

We're probably talking what, ?ú40-44m (?ú8m Verts, ?ú8m Ade, ?ú12-14m Leandro, ?ú12-14m Remy).

We could raise at least 2/3 of that by selling Defoe, Bassong, Pienaar, Gio, Corluka, Gomes, Jenas and Bentley.

We'll also be losing King, Saha and Nelsen off the wage bill.

I do also think the money is there for the right players - under 25s with sell on value who our next manager will also appreciate (however soon he arrives), which 3 of those 4 are (Ade is obviously 2 years older). There's just no money available for more oldies like Joe Cole or Rio Ferdinand.

I think their fair ish estimates although you also have to consider we will have money from selling Pav plus the excess from last summer which is around ?ú20 M just from stoke (well what's left of it)

For once I expect us to spend a lot of money but also sell a lot and effectively have a clear out.

With those signing though GB we would still be me strike short IMO. Any decent back ups on a free? klasnic maybe, great shot to goal ratio. I'd still like Hoilett as wing cover for around ?ú5M

I think their fair ish estimates although you also have to consider we will have money from selling Pav plus the excess from last summer which is around ?ú20 M just from stoke (well what's left of it)

For once I expect us to spend a lot of money but also sell a lot and effectively have a clear out.

With those signing though GB we would still be me strike short IMO. Any decent back ups on a free? klasnic maybe, great shot to goal ratio. I'd still like Hoilett as wing cover for around ?ú5M

I agree with the sentiment, we can only pray that people want our deadwood..

The ITK thread(s) should be in in two forms;
Firstly, There should be a comment less log where people may post ITK from twitter, unknown whisperings or other such sources that ITK folklore dictates. This thread/log would be stickied to allow for convenience for those who may seek to establish whether a poster has a legitimate claim to the acclaimed position of 'In The Know' which would have their avatar denoted with said position or if illegitimate would have the position of 'trumper' denoted on said avatar for a period time befitting the seriousness or gravity of said claim.

Secondly, there should be an ITK thread used for the discussion of ITK in which there can be debates on the legitimacy of the ITK or possible outcomes or an attempt to decipher the offerings from the ITK community.

Please Note, that the backpage of the paper's, the official site of any club and any mainstream sources of rumours will simply not be recognised or tolerated as ITK

Signed

Jelly Spur

Does it fall to me as creator of the constitution of ITK, to create said threads? or does it have to be a mod? sorry if I've usurped anyone's power here.

I agree with the sentiment, we can only pray that people want our deadwood..

I think there is plenty of scope for spending on 4-5 quality players tbh. We haven't spent much recently at all and I think Levy will be aware that this summer he really will have to in order to keep pace with the rest of the major players in the top sector of the division. Vertonghen theoretically shouldn't cost a massive fee or wages and that gives us good depth defensively. Hoilett as an example for a tribunal decided fee would fit that bracket and give us an option in wide areas with limited initial outlay.

Thats two in before we get started on the tasty business of probably signing 2 forwards which is where the real money will be spent in wages and fees.

Going out you would have to expect Bentley, Dos Santos, Gomes, Jenas are absolute definites to go. Corluka will probably go too having maybe burnt his bridges with the stuff in the media re Redknapp. That's 5 players who will bring in a reasonable amount of money, maybe ?ú15m-?ú20m between them for those 5 plus the obvious lightening of the wage budget in preparation for new signings. Thats before even looking at players like Defoe, Pienaar or Kranjcar going or one of the top players like Modric. Money from Pavlyuchenko which was around ?ú8m should also be available so we are definitely in a position to make some real statements in the transfer market.

People will no doubt say we still have to get people to buy our cast off's but teams in the mid to lower reaches will always be interested in players like Jenas and Bentley. We know that clubs are going to be interested in Gomes and Dos Santos and I would imagine Leverkusen will fancy taking Corluka on a permanant deal too. Its just a case of being a bit more willing to accept slightly less incoming cash in order to shift players off the wage bill to my mind and I believe that we will be able to acheive that this summer transfer window.

Also needs an "Honestly couldn't give the least tiny little fudging two-fingered toss" option.

Just saying...

Back