• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Arsenal are in talks with Fiorentina over a swap deal which would see Chamakh & Adem Ljajic switch sides. (Sky Italia)

Barcelona looks set to sign Thiago Silva from AC Milan. Strange by Milan as they have so many old players retiring/leaving this summer. Must be getting a lot of money for him.

Barcelona looks set to sign Thiago Silva from AC Milan. Strange by Milan as they have so many old players retiring/leaving this summer. Must be getting a lot of money for him.

oooppss, they will need a left sided CB then, and have been courting Veronghen who is just that

fudge drogba disgusting excuse for a player horrible nasty cheating slag I want success but not at any cost

Drogba will be leaving Chelsea as one of their ultimate club legends for not only being one of the world's best players over the 8 years he was with them but also for scoring the winning penalty in the Champions League final with his last kick in their shirt.

Even if we could afford his wages, there's no way he'd join a rival club now.

Same here. Even at 34 year old Drogba is still physically able to dominate most defenders and unlike Adebayor has a ferocious shot plus header on him.

Weirdly enough...I genuinely think Adebayor is a better player than Drogba was at the same age. Might seem like a strange thing to say, as Adebayor is 28 years old and should be at his peak. But Drogba is probably the best example you'll find of a late bloomer. Sure, he had a good year or two in France before he joined Chelsea, but in his first two seasons he was widely written off as an inconsistent flop by a lot of people. Despite playing in what was arguably the most efficient team English football has ever produced - Mourinho's Chelsea, he never really hit the heights in the first two seasons. I just looked it up, in both seasons he got 16 goals from 41 games in all competitions. Ade is the same age as Drogba was as he finished his second season at Chelsea, and Ade got 18 in 37 this season. When Chelsea signed Shevchenko, a lot of people thought that meant Drogba would be sold, but instead it inspired Drogba to explode and become probably the most complete striker I've ever seen.

The thing is, to be a true great you need to have outstanding technical ability. Take away all of Drogba's physical strengths and you've got Gianfranco Zola. Take away all of his technical ones and you've got Emile Heskey. Ade is a lot better technically than people give him credit for, but until you actually fancy him to score when he's one-on-one, he'll never be able to get as good as Drogba was.

fudge drogba disgusting excuse for a player horrible nasty cheating slag I want success but not at any cost

Id like to agree with you but once I heard about what he does for his homeland in Africa, I could never have ill feelings for him. One of footballs true heroes.

Back