• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sandro and Asamoah behind a player like Modric would be unreal. But it would make you wonder what VDV/Lennon and Parker's roles would be within the team and I'd be extremely disappointed if we signed Asamoah only to have him ahead of Sandro in the pecking order.

i don't think he will let this one go the way of others - hopefully he knows the fans need something positive after Saturday, a quick double signing of Remy & Vertonghen shortly followed by the permanent signing of Adebayor will do just the trick ;)

That would be a nice little pick-me-up for the fans. Was really hoping we might hear something concrete by tonight with regards to Vertonghen

Vertonghen, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Adebayor and Leandro....bye bye Modric

Asamoah would be random, unless we are looking ahead to replacing Parker next year. Hardly priority in any case - I just hope this doesn't mean we miss out on more vital positions that need filling. But I'm sure we won't.

But that's a position of lower priority for us a the moment, not to mention Udinese finished 3rd in Serie A and would most likely play in the CL next season.

Sandro and Asamoah behind a player like Modric would be unreal. But it would make you wonder what VDV/Lennon and Parker's roles would be within the team and I'd be extremely disappointed if we signed Asamoah only to have him ahead of Sandro in the pecking order.

----------Ade-----------
-Bale----Modric-----VDV-
---Sandro----Asamoah---
-BAE-Vert-Kaboul-Walker-
---------Friedel----------

Something like that?

----------Ade-----------
-Bale----Modric-----VDV-
---Sandro----Asamoah---
-BAE-Vert-Kaboul-Walker-
---------Friedel----------

Something like that?

What would you do with Lennon though? VDV on the right? Parker won't be dropped for Sandro AND Asamoah. I like the look of the three though.

Are we really almost at the stage where Spurs have no English players in their first XI? Football truly is dying.

Walker? Although I agree. It is disappointing, but unfortunately is also the only way a club of our size can keep up. Unless you're Athletic...

Edit: Read the post wrong. Sorry.

Are we really almost at the stage where Spurs have no English players in their first XI? Football truly is dying.

there's only a certain amount of quality English players available and in order for a club at our level (with our financial constraints) to get them without paying a premium we need to focus on signing them when they are young and hoping they reach their potential here - we done this when Arnesen was here to pretty good effect but since then it has somewhat trailed off - though we still have Walker/Naughton in recent years -

maybe this is something the manager needs to be looking at ?

British throughout the squad though.

Walker, Naughton, Caulker, Bale, Huddlestone, Parker, Livermore, Rose etc.

Walker? Although I agree. It is disappointing, but unfortunately is also the only way a club of our size can keep up. Unless you're Athletic...

I said almost. We're turning into Arsenal. Even Chelsea, Utd and City have a fair few English players. If we start fielding a team on a regular basis with no English players then that's when my love for Spurs/football completely dies.

Has to be first team regulars. I didn't realise how close we were to ceasing becoming an English club like that shower of brick down the road.

All of the above are first team regulars bar Rose

Bale and Walker have won Young Player of the Year in 2 consectuive seasons respectively

Parker is England's captain

Both Naughton and Caulker had excellent seasons and would be in contention to start with us next season most likely

?

Back