• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has to be first team regulars. I didn't realise how close we were to ceasing becoming an English club like that shower of brick down the road.

surely you realize it'as not an easy task to remain competitive whilst keeping an English core to the side ? as long as we continue to sign young Enligsh players with the hope they will develop in to first team players i will remain content - potentially in 2 years time 3 of our back 4 could be English as well as having Lennon and Bale (welsh but close enough) on the wings as well as Huddelstone in the middle

________Defoe Forward
_Bale Parker Huddelstone Lennon
Naughton Caulker King Walker
___________Keeper

a potential line up next season that would most likely finish above the vast majority of any other all British side in the premiership

Last edited:
50 pages and nothing. I need something to cheer me up, even if it means Rivaldo on a 5yr contract.

sadpanda.jpg

Great picture sums up how I feel. Mind if I use as my logo?

Young English players are generally overpriced for how good they are.

It makes common sense not to bother buying them.

All of the above are first team regulars bar Rose

Bale and Walker have won Young Player of the Year in 2 consectuive seasons respectively

Parker is England's captain
Both Naughton and Caulker had excellent season and would be in contention to start with us next season most likely

?

Is he? That's good news! I haven't really been following the Euro build up and my mate was winding me saying it was Gerrard (who he knows I despise!) which tinkled me off because it means a player who shouldn't be in the squad will now be playing every match! Good to see Roy bucking the trend and not pandering to the "golden generation"! That's cheered me up a bit :D

In relation to the rest of your post, I was talking specifically about the team/formation proposed. Bale's Welsh.

surely you realize it'as not an easy task to remain competitive whilst keeping an English core to the side ? as long as we continue to sign young Enligsh players with the hope they will develop in to first team players i will remain content - potentially in 2 years time 3 of our back 4 could be English as well as having Lennon and Bale (welsh but close enough) on the wings as well as Huddelstone in the middle

________Defoe Forward
_Bale Parker Huddelstone Lennon
Naughton Caulker King Walker
___________Keeper

a potential line up next season

I'd just like to see Spurs line up with at least 6 English players every match. Hell, at least 3 Londoners too! Football is a game for the working man, the local man. Or at least it should be and used to be.

I would much rather we try to actually win things.

It's not just about winning. A sentiment I agree with massively. If it was just about winning no one would follow a club that failed to win for longer than a couple of seasons. We'd be switching our support to whoever was winning all the time.

I'd just like to see Spurs line up with at least 6 English players every match. Hell, at least 3 Londoners too! Football is a game for the working man, the local man. Or at least it should be and used to be.

to the point that it affects our league standing ?

ive posted 9 players that'd most likely be in our 25 man squad next season - chuck in Jenas and Livermore and it's not hard to see we are still trying to remain British - even if the bulk of our starting XI is foreign, for a club in our position then i think we are doing better than most in that respect - if we continue to snap up young talent then im sure it will not be long before we see more in the line up

It's not just about winning. A sentiment I agree with massively. If it was just about winning no one would follow a club that failed to win for longer than a couple of seasons. We'd be switching our support to whoever was winning all the time.

Maybe it's not just about winning, but crippling our squad just to have English players?

You have seen Liverpool this season right?

to the point that it affects our league standing ?
ive posted 9 players that'd most likely be in our 25 man squad next season - chuck in Jenas and Livermore and it's not hard to see we are still trying to remain British - even if the bulk of our starting XI is foreign, for a club in our position then i think we are doing better than most in that respect - if we continue to snap up young talent then im sure it will not be long before we see more in the line up

I'm just talking generally. I'd love for football to introduce a rule where half the team had to be from people who grew up within 50 miles of where the club is located. That would certainly shake things up a bit.

Football has become souless. That is down to money and because the players have no affinity for what they perceive to be their employers.

Milner, Barry, Lescott

or

Lennon, Parker, Dawson/King ?

I know what three I'd rather pick that's for sure. Yet ours cost a combined total of ?ú12m.

Back