• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This journalism lark is easy, isn't it?

All that from one little tweet.

Jeez, I'm in the wrong business. We should run a competition on here..........whoever picks up the most insignificant tweet from a player this summer, and turns it into the biggest (non)story going.

'If a deal can be done, then fine. I would love to play for Tottenham. If not, then trust me: I will keep Tottenham in my heart.'

Adebayor's move to White Hart Lane was greeted with caution by some Tottenham fans, given Adebayor's links to Arsenal,

But the striker has moved to laud the relationship he's struck up with the White Hart Lane faithful.

article-0-13149B0A000005DC-809_306x423.jpg
Specs appeal: Adebayor is enjoying his time back in London

'I am a former Arsenal player, too, but everyone knows how that ended. I know north London very well, my home is here and I have had a fantastic year.

'I am a huge fan of Tottenham now and I love the club. If I am not at the club in the future, I will be following their games and wishing them luck. I played at Arsenal for three years but today I keep Tottenham in my heart more than Arsenal, even though I haven't played here for as long.'

If Modric leaves it cannot be to one of our rivals. That would be stupid beyond belief. We are not the feeder club we once were, and although we have been shafted by the football Gods again we are not going to bend over for Chelsea, Utd, City or any other PL team. If he wants to leave then he can go abroad for copius amounts of money or else sign the new deal and shut the fudge up.

Edit: And doubly so for Chelsea the cheating ****s.

If Modric leaves it cannot be to one of our rivals. That would be stupid beyond belief. We are not the feeder club we once were, and although we have been shafted by the football Gods again we are not going to bend over for Chelsea, Utd, City or any other PL team. If he wants to leave then he can go abroad for copius amounts of money or else sign the new deal and shut the fudge up.

Edit: And doubly so for Chelsea the cheating ****s.

Absolutely, if we have to sell it should be overseas.

so, theoretically if we sold Modric and signed Adebayor/Remy and Vertoghen

_______Adebayor Remy
__Bale_______________Lennon
_________Sandro Huddelstone
Ekotto Vertonghen Kaboul Walker
____________Friedel

how would that team get on ??

we'd also have the option of :

__________Adebayor
_______Bale_VdV__Lennon
____Huddelstone Sandro
Ekotto Vertoghen Kaboul Walker
___________Friedel

think we'd be better off with out the little man possibly

Last edited:
Graeme Bailey ‏@SkyGraemeBailey
Sky Sports understands that Tottenham are ready to make a move to land Udinese midfield star Kwadwo Asamoah.

Sky Sports understands that Tottenham are ready to make a move to land Udinese midfield star Kwadwo Asamoah.

Very good young player, but I'm pretty sure he's a Sandro-type midfielder, so there's not much point in signing him.

Asamoah is a beast. But he's a midfield general much like Parker and Sandro, so I can't see us needing him and splashing 10-15m it would require.

I understand DL plays hardball to get the best deal, but I hope we dont let this one slip through our hands

i don't think he will let this one go the way of others - hopefully he knows the fans need something positive after Saturday, a quick double signing of Remy & Vertonghen shortly followed by the permanent signing of Adebayor will do just the trick ;)

Back