• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm completely confused, is this Adrian Lopez Alvarez? I've never heard of him before and why does Wikipedia say he only scored 7 goals last season if he scored 19? His goal scoring record in previous years appears rubbish too :/

I'm completely confused, is this Adrian Lopez Alvarez? I've never heard of him before and why does Wikipedia say he only scored 7 goals last season if he scored 19? His goal scoring record in previous years appears rubbish too :/

19 in all competitions mate. 11 in 18 in the Europa League. 7 in 35 in the league. He isn't really an out and out striker in my eyes. He sort of plays off of Falcao as opposed to partnering him but I think he'd do well up front if he were to sign for us (considering we have Sigurdsson and VDV to play off of a striker). A very talented youngster

7 in the league. 1 in the Spanish Cup and 11 in the Europa League.

You beat me to it.

To me he looks like an upgrade on Lennon being able to play wide or just off a striker. Similar to how people have been saying we need Sturridge on here.

Really? Then maybe we should be in for Falcao instead. Spunk all of the Modric money on him.

Reunion with his mentor - make up sex. fudging hell, imagine we pulled that one off - Atletico are also competing in the EL next season, mind you. Pipe dream, I know

19 in all competitions mate. 11 in 18 in the Europa League. 7 in 35 in the league. He isn't really an out and out striker in my eyes. He sort of plays off of Falcao as opposed to partnering him but I think he'd do well up front if he were to sign for us (considering we have Sigurdsson and VDV to play off of a striker). A very talented youngster

Can he play as more of a wide forward? Flanking Adebayor (assuming he comes in) on the right?

You need to first get a time machine with £40m as we've no chance of getting those 3 players for that the way the transfer market is today.
We'd be lucky to get Adebayor and Moutinho for that money. LLorente would be another 30-40m on top of that.

Oh I know that - I meant adding the 40m to the pot - I am sure we still have a few qyid even without the Modric sale. I think maybe a total of around 55-60m. net spend on those three of 20m.

I think if Falcao were on the market there would be a queue of much richer and bigger clubs ahead of us for him.

Would be a massive coup to get him, but I think the chances are slim to none

where were they when he left Porto? Im sure the top top clubs are put off by the fact they consider him a little poacher

where were they when he left Porto? Im sure the top top clubs are put off by the fact they consider him a little poacher

I believe its the perception that "doing it in Portugal" doesnt mean a player "can do it in the big league"

Why did only Everton go for Jelavic? And do you suppose if we tried to poach him now we could offer the £5m Everton paid?

Madrid paid big money for Falcao (iirc) and took a chance, much like the sort of move we need to make to get higher quality players, and he was sensational for them.

NOW he is proven in LaLiga, and the top (and richest) clubs around will be interested should he come onto the market.

Back